• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYCC 2015 |OT| Spider-Man pulls the 7 train all the way to 34th street from Queens

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

The entertainment guest list is taking some hits this year if you were going for those guests.

John Cusack and Karen Gillen cancelled and Carrie Fisher's appearance was changed to just Sunday.

Jhoan

FYI, for anyone expecting to buy Funko stuff this year, they're setting up a lottery to manage its popularity: http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Events/Events-A-H/Funko-Exclusives-Lottery/

Also, aiming to have the OT up next week.
Welp I'm ineligible for any raffles since it's only for Fan verified attendees only. The Toy Tokyo line was a mess of a madhouse last year since half of the people on the line was comprised of exhibitors looking to sell exclusives on eBay. People made a mad dash to the corner where the booth was last year as soon as the Show Floor opened on Sunday. They're basically doing the same system as SDCC.

If you need any help with graphics, I would be more than happy to provide you with some quick and dirty banners and other general info.

MG310 said:
The entertainment guest list is taking some hits this year if you were going for those guests.

John Cusack and Karen Gillen cancelled and Carrie Fisher's appearance was changed to just Sunday.
Guests are going to keep changing appearances up until the very last minute. Stan Lee's line is going to be interesting for sure as will Jon Bernthal's. I bet the former for sure is going to have a separate system and heavy security managing his line considering it's going to be his final con appearance.

Meanwhile the video game exhibitors list continues to be underwhelming for yet another year as none of the big 3 are going to be there. PAX has pretty much been home to them for the past couple of years now which kind of makes sense since it gives them direct access to a gamer only audience. The last time I remember seeing a big presence was in 2012 IIRC since Rockstar had a booth for Max Payne 3. Bamco, Square Enix, and Capcom are back.

Penguin

So silly question, I could probably even check when I get home, but with all the pre-registration crap... are badges named or anything?

Like what prevents folks from reselling em?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So silly question, I could probably even check when I get home, but with all the pre-registration crap... are badges named or anything?

Like what prevents folks from reselling em?

Nothing. It doesn't reduce scalping, it's just a way of them collecting personal info from attendees.

Jhoan

Nothing. It doesn't reduce scalping, it's just a way of them collecting personal info from attendees.

Pretty much. I found the whole ticket buying application process unnerving even though they collected information last year when buying badges online but people can always lie.

$500 for a 4 Day and $700 for a Pro 4 Day pass is absolutely ridiculous and yet because NYCC is now known as the con that's hip to attend because that's what all the cool kids and their grandmas are doing, people will feed the vultures and buy them. That's capitalism.

EDIT: Here's a few ideas for some subtitles for this year's thread:

NYCC 2016 |OT| It's so cool, that even your distant cousin from another country wants to go
NYCC 2016 |OT| Bigger than the population of the Alexandria Safety Zone and Hilltop Colony combined
NYCC 2016 |OT| Spider-Man says goodbye to Stan Lee

MG310

Guests are going to keep changing appearances up until the very last minute. Stan Lee's line is going to be interesting for sure as will Jon Bernthal's. I bet the former for sure is going to have a separate system and heavy security managing his line considering it's going to be his final con appearance.

Meanwhile the video game exhibitors list continues to be underwhelming for yet another year as none of the big 3 are going to be there. PAX has pretty much been home to them for the past couple of years now which kind of makes sense since it gives them direct access to a gamer only audience. The last time I remember seeing a big presence was in 2012 IIRC since Rockstar had a booth for Max Payne 3. Bamco, Square Enix, and Capcom are back.

Hopefully Capcom has a few decent panels..don't see anything on the schedule yet. Except for that year where pretty much all they had to show was Strider and Ducktales they've had a good presence every year.

Wish I had a better Stan Lee walking away picture for OT use.

DSCN0899.jpg

Jhoan

Hopefully Capcom has a few decent panels..don't see anything on the schedule yet. Except for that year where pretty much all they had to show was Strider and Ducktales they've had a good presence every year.

Wish I had a better Stan Lee walking away picture for OT use.

I think panels are still being updated and won't be another 1.5 weeks before it's finalized. Plus they're gonna suggest downloading the NYCC app like they did with Star Trek Missions. It's too bad cellphone reception at the Javits Center continues to be abysmal and will stay that way for another year or two.

If I had had to take a guess, Capcom will probably have a Street Fighter V panel or two with Yoshinori Ono, Monster Hunter Generations, and Udon stuff. One of my friends bought a $200 Mega Man statue from their booth last year and their booth was pretty damn busy. Square Enix and Bamco will probably some solid panels as well since SE likes to do panels with voice actors from their latest games.

That's a better picture than many fans would get without having to pay $80+. It doesn't look like he had a phalanx of body guards flanking him in that picture but I could be wrong since it's Stan Lee: he can afford it.. I've seen friends who took pictures with him and the guy looks frail these days.

MG310

I think panels are still being updated and won't be another 1.5 weeks before it's finalized. Plus they're gonna suggest downloading the NYCC app like they did with Star Trek Missions. It's too bad cellphone reception at the Javits Center continues to be abysmal and will stay that way for another year or two.

If I had had to take a guess, Capcom will probably have a Street Fighter V panel or two with Yoshinori Ono, Monster Hunter Generations, and Udon stuff. One of my friends bought a $200 Mega Man statue from their booth last year and their booth was pretty damn busy. Square Enix and Bamco will probably some solid panels as well since SE likes to do panels with voice actors from their latest games.

That's a better picture than many fans would get without having to pay $80+. It doesn't look like he had a phalanx of body guards flanking him in that picture but I could be wrong since it's Stan Lee: he can afford it.. I've seen friends who took pictures with him and the guy looks frail these days.

I think he had 2 guys walking around with him. He was getting around the con that year (2011)...showed up in the queue hall before everyone went in and went all the way down the edge of the line waving and shaking hands.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I think he had 2 guys walking around with him. He was getting around the con that year (2011)...showed up in the queue hall before everyone went in and went all the way down the edge of the line waving and shaking hands.

Fun fact: In 2010 he did something similar for a line waiting to see him real early in the morning. While everyone on the line was obsessed with looking at him, a girl in the food court (right behind the line) dropped to the floor and started having a seizure. My brother and I jumped off the line to help her and get some kind of on-site to paramedic to assist, while everyone else on the line awkwardly ignored it. We ended up not getting back on the line and just forgetting about meeting Stan. That evening while killing time at a Starbucks we spot him outside and proceed to chat him up, exchange high fives and take photos.

Still not sure if that was Karma or Stan Lee is just magical.

Jhoan

Fun fact: In 2010 he did something similar for a line waiting to see him real early in the morning. While everyone on the line was obsessed with looking at him, a girl in the food court (right behind the line) dropped to the floor and started having a seizure. My brother and I jumped off the line to help her and get some kind of on-site to paramedic to assist, while everyone else on the line awkwardly ignored it. We ended up not getting back on the line and just forgetting about meeting Stan. That evening while killing time at a Starbucks we spot him outside and proceed to chat him up, exchange high fives and take photos.

Still not sure if that was Karma or Stan Lee is just magical.

This was a noble act of you so karma rewarded you and your brother accordingly. I would have done the same thing if I was in a similar a situation. Things happen for a reason so in this case, being a real hero paid off in spades.

This year's Charity Auction art pieces are up on NYCC's FB page. I noticed a ton of Joker and Batman pieces. Joe Stanton's piece is going to catch a pretty penny for sure. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154768213900579.1073741843.10852735578&type=3

It felt incredibly surreal holding last year's charity art pieces in my hands a few hours before the auction. I was a nervous wreck since I was afraid of bending any of the submissions. I'm for sure going to try to make it this year since I always end up missing it and the A hall gets blocked off by security by 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom