• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 TecLab Review Leaked: 10% Faster Than RTX 3080

llien

What I mean by "cores for INT operations" are cores that - for a particular cycle - are calculating an INT operation in addition to a floating point operation, which means that said cores can be counted twice: once as a core for a floating point operation and once for an integer operation. This is why I added the 30% to 35% of cores that would be partially dedicated to an INT operation to the total number of actual, physical cores (5,248 cores).

That's the thing.
Older cores can do 1 int and 1 fp at once.
New cores could do the same, or replace 1 int op with 1 fp op and do 2 fp instead.
It does make them more effective than older cores, but no way 2 times more effective, that is why perf/claimed cores dropped so sharply.

ethomaz

Banned
I was talking about different sku's and mentioned the 3080 ti.
"Will we have a 16gb 3080 or 20gb?"

I replied that that is already confirmed.

RTX 3060 8GB
RTX 3070 16GB
RTX 2080 20GB

index.php

Some believes it is the SUPER edition * due the S in the name * with proper VRAM.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
2.) Have you seen his post history? This is like comparing the 2080ti to the Rtx Titan. Different strokes for different folks. But of course thelastword thelastword thought it was a "gotcha" to PC folks.

Commence thread backfire

It didn't backfire. It's not a good investment for PC folks. That's okay. Nvidia will have a 16GB or a 20GB version of the 3080 next year.

Ooof....actually rethinking my decision to get a 3090. This looks like an absolutely horrible value.
Yeah, me too. Thing is (supposedly) these cards are made for future games in mind. Current games hit a bottleneck already with the brute force the 3000s have, so I think it would only be worth it for future releases. But again, next year will come a new card :)

LordOfChaos

With 24GB of VRAM I think this is going to find a home as a popular under-workstation-budget workstation card rather than mostly a gaming one.

Not quite a Titan replacement though with such cut rate FP64 and the drivers.

Top Bottom