• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 - Texans 2-0 vs Jags, 4-2 vs AFC South. This week 7-8, Playoffs next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Bowser said:
Mushin ties with Harrison and Owens for the NFL lead in TD receptions :D
Yeah, and where the hell was that stat line last year when I had him on my fantasy team? :lol Every game was like 1 catch for 12 yards. That first TD catch today though was fucking sweet, though. PEACE.

DMczaf

kevorkian.lg.jpg

Bucs sign Kevorkian as new head coach.

go niners! we can still pull this baby out, only 41-7. but still time in the 4th!

p.s. iapetus, pm me the location of the avatar, i will upload it to my site and use it until the probowl. for shame ken dorsey, for shame...

Syckx

Yes! The Cowboys are not the retards of the division! The worst they can do is tie NY and Washington...

Nevermind.

bionic77

Hope Ben's injury is not too serious. They said it was only his ribs so he should be fine for the playoffs. Once again Ben steps up when we need it and made some ridiculous plays today. Luckily we had Plax back for Ben to throw it to someone downfield. :D

Ben > *

I also changed my mind about Boller, guy made some plays today when he was under a crazy amount of pressure from the pass rush. Too bad his recievers are garbage.

can we now safely assume that the ravens and jaguars are out of the playoffs? it all comes down to the broncos, bills and jets for the last 2 spots. i think the last 2 will go to the broncos and jets, but i'd rather have it be the bills and jets. i don't like the broncos

firex

bills and jets get the wild card spots, I think. the jets pretty obviously aren't among the elite in the AFC yet, but they're getting there. the bills, though... man, all they need is a good QB and they're golden.

Here's the deal with the wild card spots, if the Jets and Broncos win, they're in, regardless of what the Bills do. Broncos would edge the Bills with a better AFC record.

Here's the crazy thing for the Jets.....if they lose and the Bills win, Bills edge them out of the division by virtue of won-loss record in common games played between them. Common games played is the third tie-breaking rule the NFL uses when two teams in the same division have the same division record, like the Bills and Jets have now at 3-3. So if the Bills win and the Jets lose, the Bills common game record would be 8-0 and the Jets would be 6-2.

If the Bills and Broncos both lose, that's when a whole bunch of crazy scenarios involving the Ravens and Jags come into play (if the Ravens and Jags win that is)....and I'm not about to try and figure those out.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If the Broncos lose and the Jets and Bills win, are the Jets and Bills in the playoffs?

Even though the Bills are facing Pittsburgh, they have all the momentum in the world, combined with an incredible defense and a budding offense. It'll be tough to stop them even for the top team in the NFL.

Wellington said:
If the Broncos lose and the Jets and Bills win, are the Jets and Bills in the playoffs?

Yes.

Even though the Bills are facing Pittsburgh, they have all the momentum in the world, combined with an incredible defense and a budding offense. It'll be tough to stop them even for the top team in the NFL.

I'll be real surprised to see many of the Steeler starters in that game for anything more than a quarter or two, so that will play into the Bills favor....that and that it's in Buffalo. We might see guys like Duce Staley, Kendrell Bell and Clark Haggans play though because they could be ready to play after many weeks off and will need the reps.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Spectral Glider said:
Hey Chad, it's an honor and a privelage to be intercepted 2 times in possibly the biggest game of your season.

:lol :lol nice

I missed OT the Colts game becuase of a Christmas party I had to attend, but I taped it and just got done watching it. Having Marino talk to Peyton live on the field...awesome, awesome stuff.
This'll sound so incredibly lame and cliche, but I don't know how some people can hate Manning. He's nothing but class and a great player.
But whatever. Too bad sir chad and the jets got obliterated by the patsies. ah well.

P.S.
g_manning2_frt.jpg

DMczaf

1st-10, CLE20 L. Suggs rushed up the middle for 5 yard gain
2nd-5, CLE25 L. Suggs rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
3rd-2, CLE28 L. Suggs rushed up the middle for 5 yard gain
1st-10, CLE33 L. Suggs rushed up the middle for 9 yard gain
2nd-1, CLE42 L. Suggs rushed to the left for 1 yard gain
1st-10, CLE43 L. Suggs rushed to the right for 1 yard loss
2nd-11, CLE42 L. Suggs rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
3rd-7, CLE46 MIA committed 5 yard penalty
1st-10, MIA49 L. Suggs rushed up the middle for 5 yard gain
2nd-5, MIA44 L. Suggs rushed to the left for 2 yard loss
3rd-7, MIA46 L. McCown incomplete pass down the middle

:lol

bionic77

Wellington said:

Does anyone outside of Pittsburgh have any respect for this team? I mean I have seen some analysts discuss the playoffs as if the Steelers weren't going to play.

And it will be pathetic if the Bills don't win that game. Half the Steelers won't start for that game and the ones that do will be out by the 2nd quarter.

Bat

This game is so bad...it's almost good. That one sequence is an instant all time classic: a terrible (no reciever within 15 yards) INT by the Browns, followed a botched lateral turned fumble, which a Dolphin player recovers and decides to try ANOTHER lateral (botched again, of course) leading the next Dolphin idiot fumbling the ball and the Browns recovering, thus resulting in a 26 yard gain (their largest of the game) off an INT. Of course, they then proceed to commit a three and out and then a 43 yard FG attempt that bounces off the goal post. Classic.

Bowser

MetatronM said:
Congratulations, Miami. You are slightly better than the Cleveland Browns. :lol

Using that kind of logic, it would mean the Dolphins are also slightly better than the Patriots.

Pimpwerx

Man...these fucking guys are something else. I'm really mad we've lost all chance of that #1 pick this season, but it doesn't matter. Jim Bates, the mastermind behind the team all along, has salvaged this season for us. Only 3 wins...but 2 wins more than Wanny was ever gonna give us. Bates's defense has been the lifeblood of this team for years, so I guess it's fitting that he steps in and saves the season from being a complete failure. The last few weeks, we've shown potential of what what expected before the season. Oh well, Saban has a big job ahead of him, and years of intense scrutiny and ciritcism ahead of him. But he's got one side of the ball anchored. Eventhough we're gonna have to dump Seau's old ass and probably shakeup the secondary, we're still gonna have a great defense. We need offense bad. I'm not gonna congratulate Feely, but he played better today and didn't lose it for us. That's very important. He's got the physical attributes, but he's not impressed me at all in his decision-making. I like how the announcers keep labeling stupid passes as "incredible" passes. Oh well.

Jim Bates better come back next year to keep this defensive unit together. Then again, Saban's supposed to be good in this area. I'm not impressed with his LSU defense, but maybe he can do it on the NFL level. But if Bates leaves, I hope he gets a head coaching position somewhere else. He's convinced me now. The Clowns suck, but it's still significant that we won this game, b/c it makes Bates .500 in his brief tenure, taking a nowhere team to a win over the defending champs has to have made his stock skyrocket. Good on him. Fuck you Fins, you blew the fucking season and now you're blowing the draft. Wow, another season of Miami fans getting double-kneed in the nuts. Thanks. :( Hopefully we can lose comfortably next week and salvage something for the draft. There's nothing else to play for this season, and I think Bates has already made a strong case for his head coaching ability. PEACE.

Buffalo punter Brian Moorman, who threw an incomplete pass on a faked punt in the third quarter, actually finished with a better quarterback rating (39.6) than Dorsey (26.7) or Pickett (18.8).

wow, the only way this season could get any worse is if we lose to the patriots backups next week... which will likely happen. i predicted it ladies! 2-14! looks like a lot of you owe me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

yes!!!!!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
so next week blows.

fantasy owners are gonna get raped. bah.

and shit, i am so shitfaced right now. man, wooooooooooo

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
bionic77 said:
I also changed my mind about Boller, guy made some plays today when he was under a crazy amount of pressure from the pass rush. Too bad his recievers are garbage.

Garbage is a step up from where these folks are... besides my boy Hymes whose been bench for long periods of time this season(lord knows why), these f*ckers drop more than they catch.... oftentimes when I'm watching the games I'm thinking.... these f*ckers made it to the NFL? How? They drop balls that are right in their goddamn hands. <sigh> I wanted to burn all the Ravens stuff I have after that shitty performance yesterday... and yeah Boller was one of the few brights spots... Jamal fuckin Lewis...26 yards... 26 fuckin yards... what happened to running straight up the middle like Pitt was doing with Jerome? What happened to play action? Still getting burned on pass plays, now were missing tackles like b*tches.... I'm not even bothering to watch the game next week, I'll find another game to watch.

Bat said:
This game is so bad...it's almost good. That one sequence is an instant all time classic: a terrible (no reciever within 15 yards) INT by the Browns, followed a botched lateral turned fumble, which a Dolphin player recovers and decides to try ANOTHER lateral (botched again, of course) leading the next Dolphin idiot fumbling the ball and the Browns recovering, thus resulting in a 26 yard gain (their largest of the game) off an INT. Of course, they then proceed to commit a three and out and then a 43 yard FG attempt that bounces off the goal post. Classic.

:lol :lol

I knew I should have watched the game.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Just wanted to thank the Jets for coming up with their ugliest, most hapless, "Same Ole Jets" routine right on fucking cue. Far be it for them to actually step up to the challenge and pull out a gritty win. At home. Against a hated foe. With a playoff berth for the taking.

Seriously, were they saving this "F" grade game for when they needed it the least? Aren't these type of non-performances usually alotted to teams you play down to?

Memo to Chad: The entire Yankee team just called. They want their choke back.

CHOKE.JPG

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
bob_arctor said:
Just wanted to thank the Jets for coming up with their ugliest, most hapless, "Same Ole Jets" routine right on fucking cue. Far be it for them to actually step up to the challenge and pull out a gritty win. At home. Against a hated foe. With a playoff berth for the taking.

Seriously, were they saving this "F" grade game for when they needed it the least? Aren't these type of non-performances usually alotted to teams you play down to?

Memo to Chad: The entire Yankee team just called. They want their choke back.

CHOKE.JPG

I wish I could do a funny rant like the above about the Ravens... too much bile rises in my throat to think in terms of the funny when I start writing about them....

bionic77

DarienA said:
I wish I could do a funny rant like the above about the Ravens... too much bile rises in my throat to think in terms of the funny when I start writing about them....

What is the Ravens cap situation? I am afrad the Steelers will get cheap and let the Ravens steal Burress from the Steelers. He makes such a huge difference in our offense and would probably make the same impact for Boller too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom