• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox BC Titles Apparently Datamined

stranno

Finally. They stopped the BC titles like in mid-2019. There are tons of 360 games (555 games iirc), but XBOX only received like 45 games :messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:

wvnative

Meh...

I can play a lot of stuff like the OLD NFS games on my Series X already.

Any game I can't play that I want to play isn't going to clear legal for re-release unfortunately.

Naked Lunch

Just a couple more please:

360:
Bionic Commando Re-Armed 1
Bionic Commando (3d version)
Bangai-O Missile Fury (no clue why this isnt there when Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, and Ikaruga made it)
Binary Domain
Rez HD
Fez
Armored Core (theres 4 amazing games on 360, none are BC)
Ace Combat Assault Horizon
Lollipop Chainsaw
Anarchy Reigns
Raiden Fighters Aces

OG Xbox:
Daisenraiku VII Modern Military Tactics
Fatal Frame 1+2
Outrun 2+Coast to Coast
Otogi 1+2

Make it happen MS.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Jet set radio future would also be fantastic but...let's not kid ourselves, it must be a nightmare due to all the music licensing.
when they can rerelease the original Jet Set Radio they can also do it with JSRF

Banned
Well the XSX is the only next gen console that can actually read CDs, so it would be possible.

the PS5 can also read CDs, it's simply not supported by the firmware because Sony doesn't want to pay licensing fees.

every Blueray drive can read CDs, it's just about what the manufacturer unlocks for the consumer to actually be usable on it. if a device allows you to read a certain format you have to pay the license for that format

wvnative

the PS5 can also read CDs, it's simply not supported by the firmware because Sony doesn't want to pay licensing fees.

every Blueray drive can read CDs, it's just about what the manufacturer unlocks for the consumer to actually be usable on it. if a device allows you to read a certain format you have to pay the license for that format

Now I am confused cause I remember hearing the CD laser is totally absent on PS5 (but is present on PS4)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Mortal Kombat 9 would be a good get. Baffling it was never made BC considering 10 and 11 were pretty popular and sold well.

FeldMonster

PS4 couldn't read CDs either.

I know it can't, was just talking about rather or not the laser was present.
Blu ray players can only read DVD and CDs because they have an additional red laser. The blue laser will not work on a CD/DVD disc, so if the red laser isn't present, regardless of licensing and firmware, it won't work. So the best way to test this is if the PS5 can read DVDs. If it can, it is a firmware/licensing issue. If it can't, there is likely no red laser.

Wulfer

3d Ultra Minigolf Adventure 2 - This game was great couch time fun!
Kung-Fu Chaos
Mech Assault
Burnout 3

Reactions: Isa

Lone Wolf

Blu ray players can only read DVD and CDs because they have an additional red laser. The blue laser will not work on a CD/DVD disc, so if the red laser isn't present, regardless of licensing and firmware, it won't work. So the best way to test this is if the PS5 can read DVDs. If it can, it is a firmware/licensing issue. If it can't, there is likely no red laser.
The PS5 can play DVDs

Billbofet

Probably one of seven people that even owned this game, but Top Spin please!!!
Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP would be nice, but I'm worried it has aged poorly. Best to just keep those memories untouched.

cireza

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey at 4K/60fps would be great.
Anarchy Reigns on 360.
Sonic Unleashed and Generations in 4K/60fps.
I second Curse of Darkness, awesome game.
Jet Set Radio Future if somehow it is made possible.
Gun Valkyrie and HOTD3 would be great.
Otogi 1 & 2.
Unreal Championship and Unreal Tournament 3 both in 60fps.

Do it !

Won't happen : Outrun games, After Burner Climax :(

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
The only game I can think of that isn't already BC that I want to play is Singularity.

A man (woman?) of taste, I see. Such an overlooked gem of a game!

My list is simple and consist of games in genre 🚗 that I love and cannot play on PC:
  • Forza Motorsport 4
  • Project Gotham Racing (all 4)
  • Midtown Madness 3
+ a patch for Forza Horizon 2 that's also only on Xbox would be a nice touch. This game deserves to be played at 4k 60FPS.

FeldMonster

I know that anything licensed will never happen, but my requests are:
  • Mortal Kombat 9
  • Binary Domain
  • Need For Speed Underground 1, Underground 2, Most Wanted, & Carbon
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
  • X-Men Arcade Game (XBLA)
  • TMNT Arcade Game (XBLA)
  • Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (Original Xbox) - even if it isn't the superior PS2 version

Drew1440

Hopefully we will see further titles from the original Xbox appear. There are a couple of titles you can buy in Steam like Deus Ex Invisible War, the Tomb Raiders, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Project Snowblind so you would assume these titles would be ok from a rights prospective since Steam is selling these digitally.

thatJohann

I wish they would remove the console boot-up animation for Xbox 360 / OG Xbox titles every single time I launch a BC title. Like I get it, but it just makes it jarring to me. I want it to just launch fast like a regular game and jump to the game not to the boot up animations.

It's just a minor annoyance, I am grateful for all the hard work of the BC team tho!

Derktron

Banned
will smith empty room GIF

I love to see some of these added

O.TO GI series
Riddick
Project Sylpheed
RalliSport 2
Binary Domain
Spike Out Battle Street
Gun Valkyrie
Sonic Gen - 60 FPS boost
Sudeki
Sega GT 2002
HOTD 3
Kung Fu Chaos
Oddworld Strangers

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
A man (woman?) of taste, I see. Such an overlooked gem of a game!

My list is simple and consist of games in genre 🚗 that I love and cannot play on PC:
  • Forza Motorsport 4
  • Project Gotham Racing (all 4)
  • Midtown Madness 3
+ a patch for Forza Horizon 2 that's also only on Xbox would be a nice touch. This game deserves to be played at 4k 60FPS.
Woman, hence the user name CatLady :messenger_beaming: .

I got Singularity for like $2 when I traded in some game I didn't like. I didn't expect much, I was just trying to use up my store credit, but I ended up really liking and being very impressed with the game. AND I want to play it again, dammit Xbox!

Banned
I wish they would remove the console boot-up animation for Xbox 360 / OG Xbox titles every single time I launch a BC title. Like I get it, but it just makes it jarring to me. I want it to just launch fast like a regular game and jump to the game not to the boot up animations.

It's just a minor annoyance, I am grateful for all the hard work of the BC team tho!

I think for 360 games it's actually not just cosmetic as they literally boot up a virtual 360, so I bet it has to be as close to an actual Xbox 360 boot up as possible to have good compatibility, including system checks and stuff that that animation hides

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I would love it if they made Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders and KUF: Heroes backwards compatible and also did some of their upres magic. I remember Crusaders being backwards compatible with the 360 but it got dropped on the XB1. God I loved those games.

Mandaloregaming just recently did a review of Crusaders:

Last edited:
Top Bottom