• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox BC Titles Apparently Datamined

rapid32.5

Xbox 2001 launch
Reaction GIF by moodman

Last edited:

Isa

Man I wish. Give me Kingdom Under Fire and Crusaders, UC Championships, and I really want the Ninenty Nine Nights games, as I never played the second. Also that Magna Carta rpg would be sweet too. Hell we could all go on as there is still a huge amount of titles begging to be made available.

coffinbirth

I wonder if they found a way to automate this through machine learning.
Previously, any game had to be tested thoroughly through large teams playing every game over and over. We know for a fact that they dismantled those teams in 2019. It's possible they put them back together, but if they could get AI to test the games, they wouldn't need any more human participation. The only thing remaining would be licensing.
The BC team wasn't dismantled at any point, they just shifted to Series S/X and have been doing XBO BC and enhancements like Auto HDR and FPS Boost. This was announced officially alongside a video tour of the BC studio, but I don't have time to look for it.

Banned
I WANT EVERY SINGLE SEGA OG XBOX GAME!

Jet Set Radio Future, Crazy Taxi 3, Otogi 1/2... all stuck on OG Xbox... and while PC emulation is at a point where you can play JSRF pretty well, it's not the same and it's still not perfect on PC

but what would be a fucking genius move would be official Dreamcast backwards compatibility!

I mean, technically I can already play pretty much every DC game on the SX using Retroarch, but an official way with disc support would be amazing
(and yes the Xbox SX drive should be able to read GDs, they are slightly modified CDs basically and many PC DVD drives can read them too)

Last edited:
Bandai Namco just changed their logo.
Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia?
I also need.
Bulletstorm, Dead or Alive 4, Deathsmiles, Dishonored, Halo 1 and 2, Lolipop Chainsaw, Otomedius, and Skyrim (the original).
I also need all 3 Burger King games, Big Bumpin, Sneak King, Pocket Bike Racers.
Come on Burger King you can redo these great games for the Series X can't you?

but what would be a fucking genius move would be official Dreamcast backwards compatibility!
Nooooo I just bought a used dreamcast from a game joint. They even had several games that I picked up for cheap.
On second thought If I could just simply put the disks into the Series X and play with the xbox controller, yea that would be nice.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I wonder if they found a way to automate this through machine learning.
Previously, any game had to be tested thoroughly through large teams playing every game over and over. We know for a fact that they dismantled those teams in 2019. It's possible they put them back together, but if they could get AI to test the games, they wouldn't need any more human participation. The only thing remaining would be licensing.
The best way imo would be through the Xbox insider program. Release one new game per week for people to test, let them report bugs etc, then remove that game and do another.

Nooooo I just bought a used dreamcast from a game joint. They even had several games that I picked up for cheap.
On second thought If I could just simply put the disks into the Series X and play with the xbox controller, yea that would be nice.
You should look into retroarch on Xbox. Rip your DC games then play them in native 4K!

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Hopefully the new titles they add are on the marketplace, especially since the dumb fucks made the series s discless, also would love brute force tbh

anthony2690

Banned
Bandai Namco just changed their logo.
Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia?
I also need.
Bulletstorm, Dead or Alive 4, Deathsmiles, Dishonored, Halo 1 and 2, Lolipop Chainsaw, Otomedius, and Skyrim (the original).
I also need all 3 Burger King games, Big Bumpin, Sneak King, Pocket Bike Racers.
Come on Burger King you can redo these great games for the Series X can't you?
I highly doubt deathsmiles will happen, deathsmiles 1+2 get a re-release this December on Xbox/playstation & switch.

Hopefully other cave titles happen though, but I'm doubtful, as I can imagine they want to resell the titles.

With all due respect to people listing games that have better new gen versions/alternatives...we NEED Max Payne 3 framerate boosted.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
What i wouldn't give for :
- OG xbox : Otogi 1 & 2, GunValkyrie, DOA Ultimate (we already have Panzer dragoon orta and it's glorious).Jet set radio future would also be fantastic but...let's not kid ourselves, it must be a nightmare due to all the music licensing.
- Fatal frame 2

X360 :
- Kingdom under fire : circle of Doom (criminally underrated game, sure, it's a grind but nowadays, every game it's grindy with its loot shite), it was ahead of its time, way before loot games were a fad like nowadays.
- Lollipop Chainsaw, never played it but it's going to be impossible due to - again - all the licensing.
- Max Payne 3
- Ninety nine nights 1 & 2 (2nd was really mediocre though).

i think that there's a real possibility for Otogi 1 & 2 since everyone and their grandma love FROM Software nowadays.

Kimahri

Banned
What i wouldn't give for :
- OG xbox : Otogi 1 & 2, GunValkyrie, DOA Ultimate (we already have Panzer dragoon orta and it's glorious).Jet set radio future would also be fantastic but...let's not kid ourselves, it must be a nightmare due to all the music licensing.
- Fatal frame 2

X360 :
- Kingdom under fire : circle of Doom (criminally underrated game, sure, it's a grind but nowadays, every game it's grindy with its loot shite), it was ahead of its time, way before loot games were a fad like nowadays.
- Lollipop Chainsaw, never played it but it's going to be impossible due to - again - all the licensing.
- Max Payne 3
- Ninety nine nights 1 & 2 (2nd was really mediocre though).

i think that there's a real possibility for Otogi 1 & 2 since everyone and their grandma love FROM Software nowadays.
KuF: CoD had an awesome customization thing going. I don't remember the details since it's been a while, but you could take a weapon or skill and add effects to it. I seem to remember I had a dagger or something that I made flye around me or something. It was awesome. And gorgeous too.

It's odd to think about Lost Odyssey and Ninety Nine Nights 2 being made by the same studio.

Schmick

I'd buy an Xbox just for PGR BC.

Deadly serious.

Hopefully ms is reading! 🙏

I want the 3rd game. Reminds me what a great time 2005 was!

pgr2 please. That european flare in the locales from that game has yet to be recreated as nicely as it was in that game IMO

Surely this won't happen? Its going to be an issue with car licenses. Reason why Forza 7 has been delisted is because the licenses have expired and no doubt all contracts related to PGR have too (a long long time ago).

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening. Ever.

SkylineRKR

Yeah PGR is not happening ever. I'd be legit shook if they would put those license hell games on there.

It needs the Sega lineup, JSR:F, always wanted to play that game again. Last time I did was on 360. It held up surprisingly well. Otogi 2 is another one I would like to play again.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Surely this won't happen? Its going to be an issue with car licenses. Reason why Forza 7 has been delisted is because the licenses have expired and no doubt all contracts related to PGR have too (a long long time ago).

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening. Ever.
It could happened, but only if you have a disc, if I am not wrong FH1 was added to BC, after it was delisted. So if you don't have a disc or own digital copy, you can't access the game.

ManaByte

and yes the Xbox SX drive should be able to read GDs, they are slightly modified CDs basically and many PC DVD drives can read them too
Well the XSX is the only next gen console that can actually read CDs, so it would be possible.

Last edited:
Microsoft has done a great job with FPS Boost and Auto HDR. But there is always room for more innovation. My Wishlist:
  1. DLSS for BC Titles. Play at up to 8k 60 or 4K120
  2. Vid2Vid Photorealism Synthesis Filter:
  3. Neural Texture Upscaling Enhancement
  4. Style Transfer Filters
  5. Cutscene FMV Upscaling

Alpha Male

Well, my list has been down to these few for some years now:

NFS Shift Unleashed
Top Spin 4
Tiger Woods 14

Since PGA 2K21 exists, I really don't need Tiger Woods anymore. I just assume because of licensing issues we will never get Top Spin, NFS Shift, or Tiger Woods.

Last edited:

Esppiral

If you're wondering if your game will make the list, check this:

If you're game is not on this list, they won't be making it backwards compatible on One or Series X. That is, unless they do additional work which I see as being extremely unlikely.

That means, no Otogi etc.
It makes no sense, that is the 360 BC list, what does it have to do with Xbox series?

There have been OG Xbox games released on series consoles that were not available on 360 and vice versa.

Top Bottom