• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shauni

So, do we have any word yet on what the best way to watch this will be? Any simulcasts that we know of going on for the States.

zulux21

So, do we have any word yet on what the best way to watch this will be? Any simulcasts that we know of going on for the States.

nothing is announced yet, I imagine we won't know anything until july 3rd or so.
there is a chance funimation announces it with their first batch of simulcast announcements this weekend, but most likely it will be saved for anime expo, ideally showing off a broadcast dub while they are at it >.>

FQay7wX.jpg

https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status/615483862169182209

Karsha

Im kinda pissed Beerus and Whis will be regulars, never liked them , thought they'd be just in the first few episodes and someone stronger would kill them off lol

Im kinda pissed Beerus and Whis will be regulars, never liked them , thought they'd be just in the first few episodes and someone stronger would kill them off lol

they are just the gradual progression of world expansion

as you saw with every new power horizon Goku and friends new about a higher being

from Kami to King Kai to Grand Kai to Supreme Kair to now Beerus

Syntsui

Will it be streamed on Crunchyroll?

Also, should we expect this first episode to be like the mangá chapter released last week? Because that was a lot of nothing happening.

Snaku

Banned

Also, should we expect this first episode to be like the mangá chapter released last week? Because that was a lot of nothing happening.

There's been zero news regarding any kind of streaming options. It's like Toei wants people to pirate it. :/

The plot summary of the first episode sounds very similar to the manga chapter, but with more Goten and Trunks.

Macka

I'm excited for this, but man I hate Super Saiyan God. And Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. It's not just the designs, but the general concept as well as how they attain the form. /rant

zulux21

there is close to a 0% chance that crunchyroll will have north american streaming rights (don't know about other places)

if it's going to be streamed anywhere it will be with the funimation sub, dbz kai never got a stream though so it's not impossible that super won't have one either. we will find out this weekend at anime expo who has what.

zulux21

so funimation announced most of their simulcasts

as expected dragon ball super is not on there, but they have two question mark shows still and talk about broadcast dubs, so ideally db super is one of them.

Syntsui

as expected dragon ball super is not on there, but they have two question mark shows still and talk about broadcast dubs, so ideally db super is one of them.

It's so obvious to announce it, I mean come on. People will watch it one way one another, it's not rocket science, why not offer a legal alternative and gain a some pennies of it?

I flipped my shit when I discovered Crunchy Roll and watched the entire Hunter x Hunter anime in 1 month.

Branson

I wonder where Buu Kai fits into all of this? That first and then Super?

zulux21

It's so obvious to announce it, I mean come on. People will watch it one way one another, it's not rocket science, why not offer a legal alternative and gain a some pennies of it?

I flipped my shit when I discovered Crunchy Roll and watched the entire Hunter x Hunter anime in 1 month.
it does make sense to announce it, but toei could not want to give funimation rights to stream it, and who ever buys the tv broadcast rights also might not want a legal route for someone to watch it before they air it on tv sadly.
I wonder where Buu Kai fits into all of this? That first and then Super?

we will have to see. buu kai is likely being stalled upon due to the contract with toonami for dbz kai. they likely won't be able to release buu kai in general until at least next year (likely not two years) until they start airing it on toonami, and even then they likely will only be able to do a 13 episode release every 3 months or so to not get ahead of the tv broadcast.

ideally super is not part of the toonami deal or if it is that toonami will want to get it on air as soon as possible and just have it air after the dbz kai episodes. We will likely know more this weekend as funimation's anime expo stuff is basically nothing but dragon ball stuff. It's a given funimation will get the rights to db super, the wait to find out what they can do with those rights is so long though :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why oh why is this set before BoG... timeskip plz happen. plz toei

Any word when this might come to the U.S? Is this fall out of the question?

And it would be awesome if they got Falcouner to do the score for the dub. Loved his work on DBZ.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Wait, the show starts prior to Battle of Gods? So also before the new Freeza movie?

Does that mean we won't get new transformations?

Magwik

Banned
Wait, the show starts prior to Battle of Gods? So also before the new Freeza movie?

Does that mean we won't get new transformations?
Starts right after Buu saga
Time skips will happen
Supposedly will retell the events of the movies
Has characters from BoG in it
Edit: someone should really make an OT for the show

Starts right after Buu saga
Time skips will happen
Supposedly will retell the events of the movies
Has characters from BoG in it
Edit: someone should really make an OT for the show

Just curious if any of the press releases have hinted at this particular point, or if it's just fan speculation.
It would be hilariously redundant to retell the movies in anything other than a brief recap.

sibarraz

Banned
BoG was awesome, Ressurrection was garbage tier though. From the animations to the plot.

I found resurrection to be funnier that BoG.

The problem was the ending, since it really felt that the relationship between Goku and Vegeta took several step backwards, also how the fight against Frieza never felt important

Also the ending is awful, I was expecting to finally see Vegeta get full revenge on Frieza, but we get an stupid ending that just served to give Goku an stupid life lesson, I was expecting some setup for super, but we just got Goku laughing, and without a funny scene like the ending of BoG

The problem was the ending, since it really felt that the relationship between Goku and Vegeta took several step backwards

This bothered me, too. Vegeta has continually evolved as a character, even as recently as BoG, but this was definitely a regression.

But damn it was great to see him transforming and then confidently marching up to Frieza..too bad he got robbed of the kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom