• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Eddman-

So, Resurrection F was released today in Mexico and after seeing it, I'm glad we're getting a new series. I liked the movie but I felt like I wanted to see more of everyone, I could imagine the plot as a 20-30 episode arc in my head.

The only bad thing is that I will really miss the original music, that would be my biggest criticism of the movie and I will miss it in Super. I know lots of you don't like it but after so many years, it felt wrong not hearing Kikuchi's score in the battles which were surprisingly good, hopefully Super follows that direction.

I kind of hate how Goku's appetite became a thing for all Saiyans. It's like they just kept watering down Goku's character.

To be fair, the big eater trope is very common in shounen. Even if the appetite thing wasn't a sayian thing, Goten and Trunks would still most likely be big eaters because their growing kids that are physically active and fit the personality type.

So Goku's broke ass has to work. He should be a Martial Artist trainer

Chi-Chi just wants that waste of space out the house, she knows that he could make money much quicker by robbing a bank or something but she does not want that, she started living once Gokus dumb arse died and now that he is back, she is one again stuck with this guy with the IQ of a banana , telling him which hole it goes into. I feel for her so much, no wonder she asked Bulma to trade husbands, poor lass.

Alienous

What I'm hearing about Dragon Ball Super has me interested.

Manga summary spoilers:
Soup Yasai Jinkot reminding Beerus of a 'Super Saiyan God' got a laugh out of me even just reading it.

cLOUDo

i read the manga about the new series and
this is just next to buu's defeat
apparently the series will be a retelling of Battle of gods

god lord, why

Anth0ny

god lord, why

you have to figure
they will fast forward to the events between the two new movies, and then fast forward again to stuff post revival of f

-Eddman-

I don't get what this manga chapter is supposed to be? Companion piece? I haven't read btw

The new DB workflow is: Toriyama writes the story and draws some characters, then sends everything to Toei > Toei makes movies and the new series with Toriyama's material > V-Jump magazine publishes a manga adaptation made by some other guy named Toyotaro.

gotta lower dem production costs

If I remember correctly, the movie was shown in 3D at certain theaters in Japan, right? Maybe they made those scenes to justify the ticket price.

Magwik

Banned
Not everyone has seen the movies, and recapping them is a good idea for new viewers as well. It's a nice refresher and makes for a good recap

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Not everyone has seen the movies, and recapping them is a good idea for new viewers as well. It's a nice refresher and makes for a good recap
I made this thread a while back for returning fans.

I really hope this
isn't a retelling of BoG

zulux21

god lord, why

there are multiple reasons why this can happen
A. reusable scenes to reduce costs as well as allows more time to write farther story and work on farther animation.

on the flip side you could expand the events and make things flow better.

I think they might spend 2 chapters/episodes tops on the whole SSJ god thing, and a couple treading Vegeta's transformation. I think they were purposefully super vague about it in revival.

So much for Goku needing a job though, lol.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
just read the first chapter too

That's very unlike goku to get his stomach filled with such a pitiful amount of food.

ChouGoku

Gohan must be jealous of Goten, it seems like Goku actually kind of hangs out with him. I really want Goten to be the Gohan, Gohan was hyped to be when he hurt Raditz, sadly he only lived up to that hype once :(

CryptiK

Battle of the Gods and Revival of F are Canon. This is said by the man himself. Super is also a continuation of the Manga. There is not going to be a retelling.

It is most likely going to
Give backstory to BoG and then timeskip the movie and work its way to revival of F

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I hope someone takes all of DB Super and dubs it with Faulconer music. Would watch.

God no. I have difficulty finding battle of gods and kai clips on youtube because people like you screw with the audio, amateurishly inserting faulconer's music and jacking the volume up to max so it drowns out ever other sound.

It's even worse than an AMV.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Battle of the Gods and Revival of F are Canon. This is said by the man himself. Super is also a continuation of the Manga. There is not going to be a retelling.

It is most likely going to
Give backstory to BoG and then timeskip the movie and work its way to revival of F

I don't think it is going to timeskip the movie. it will cause confusion to the audience who is going to follow only the Super anime. Besides, they only said it is a continuation of the manga, but they didn't say it is a continuation of RoF as well.

Both BoG and Revival of F are indeed canon, but a retelling with slight minor changes wouldn't affect anything, or at least a few chapters and rush through the movies (they can even reuse the existing manga chapters of RoF).

is the super manga going to be weekly or monthy?

also is it going to follow the anime or do its own thing?

I think it will follow the anime, but not a 1-1 exact replication. No sense in doing 2 entirely seperate stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom