• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gohan must be jealous of Goten, it seems like Goku actually kind of hangs out with him. I really want Goten to be the Gohan, Gohan was hyped to be when he hurt Raditz, sadly he only lived up to that hype once :(

I bet Goku will die atleast once in the first 30 or so episodes so it will be Goten, Trunks and Uncle Vegeta going on an adventure...

By the way, if there indeed is a 9 star dragon ball...will it be the one Goten and Trunks will find as a gift for Goten sister-in-law? Would make sense...

BigDes

I think it is more likely that Goten could end up being more of a hero than Gohan if only because Goten actively enjoys fighting while Gohan never really liked it all that much.

bryanee

It's unlistenable. The dub , the music , its outrageously bad. I pity those who had to go through this while watching Dragon Ball.

People who say this always confuse me but I guess its the same when I say the Japanese music and voices are likes nails on a chalk board in the DBZ for me, awful.

Some of my friends are going in this experience thinking this'll be DBZ, but it really feels like it'll be more DB. More humor, less forms/serious battles/and more focus on other characters because it's not about saving the world.

I really think Goten and Trunks are going to be focal points and it'll be more "street level" than galaxy busting.

NeonZ

Some of my friends are going in this experience thinking this'll be DBZ, but it really feels like it'll be more DB. More humor, less forms/serious battles/and more focus on other characters because it's not about saving the world.

I really think Goten and Trunks are going to be focal points and it'll be more "street level" than galaxy busting.

Eh, they're teasing those two guys who are seemingly Beerus/Whis level. Goten and Trunks will get focus in this introductory bit, but I can't see them being relevant when the actual story starts.

Eh, they're teasing those two guys who are seemingly Beerus/Whis level. Goten and Trunks will get focus in this introductory bit, but I can't see them being relevant when the actual story starts.

As I said, Goten and Trunks will find that weird 9-Star Dragon Ball which was said to be on the VJUMP cover... then Goku and Vegeta and Beerus can join in...

I doubt neither of them are going to be actual villains beyond a throwaway arc, since it'll just be a straight retread of BoG.

NeonZ

As I said, Goten and Trunks will find that weird 9-Star Dragon Ball which was said to be on the VJUMP cover... then Goku and Vegeta and Beerus can join in...

I kind of expect the 9 star Dragonball to be a Dragonball from an alternate universe, leading to something like the Freeza Saga, but in an alternate Earth rather than an alien planet... It's all just speculation at this point though.

FSLink

Banned
Fairly certain the 9 star Dragon Ball is a misprint.

There's 7 Dragon Balls on the cover, and we're only missing the 6 star.

Just saw the new DBZ movie, somehow the GOAT spanish va leaked online (great quality btw for bilingual gaf) and i must say i enjoyed it a lot, it had that DB comical/charm mixed in with the insane battles of DBZ. If Super is anything like the movie I and many others will enjoy the show a lot.

Just saw the new DBZ movie, somehow the GOAT spanish va leaked online (great quality btw for bilingual gaf) and i must say i enjoyed it a lot, it had that DB comical/charm mixed in with the insane battles of DBZ. If Super is anything like the movie I and many others will enjoy the show a lot.

Agreed. If this is any indication of the direction Super will take, we're in for a treat. The humor and action in RoF were on point. Only thing I didn't like was
how Vegeta's character seems to be regressing somewhat. End of Buu shows him getting over his rivalry with Goku to some extent, and BoG shows how far he's come with getting over his pride. This movie seems to take a step backward with that character development.

Also,
where was Yamcha? Couldn't he even handle some Frieza army goons? (I didn't miss Goten/Trunks).

Oh and Bulma's redesign was kind of major.

Yamcha sucks and has been a jobber since DB. He thinks he's tough but has never won a fight. Tien must think he's the biggest loser since their fight in DB.

It's unlistenable. The dub , the music , its outrageously bad. I pity those who had to go through this while watching Dragon Ball.

Yeah, almost agreed. I mean, it's listenable at least, but nowhere on the level of the original music from Shuki Levy and Kussa Mahehi used in the earlier Ocean dubs.

That soundtrack was epic.

Tenshinhan briefly mentions that Yamcha and Chaotzu were too weak and stayed behind.

Keep sliding down that power curve Yamcha. I always wanted a movie where some alternate version of Yamcha is traveling from dimension to dimension killing other Yamcha for their power until you get an evil super jobber Yamcha, but he's still only strong enough to fight Piccilo.

Tenshinhan briefly mentions that Yamcha and Chaotzu were too weak and stayed behind.

Ah thanks, missed that.

Keep sliding down that power curve Yamcha. I always wanted a movie where some alternate version of Yamcha is traveling from dimension to dimension killing other Yamcha for their power until you get an evil super jobber Yamcha, but he's still only strong enough to fight Piccilo.

Holy shit. Too bad they won't need filler for the new series, because that's easily better than Garlic Jr at least.

Is Piccolo weak?

sonto340

Wait do you really think the dub in that link is bad? What in the world is wrong with you. I pity you more than anything.
I literally can't see the appeal in the clip linked at all. It's just not good. I wouldn't go as far as to say it unwatchable but the original scene is so much better.

I literally can't see the appeal in the clip linked at all. It's just not good. I wouldn't go as far as to say it unwatchable but the original scene is so much better.

I can't see the appeal in the Japanese dub at all. I mainly prefer Japanese dubs for everything but Dragon Ball Z is the exception. Vegeta, Goku and many other voices are impossible to listen to at all. Even the Japanese music is awful.

FSLink

Banned
I don't mind Falcouner's music for the dub...but the implemention? Fucking garbage most of the time.

^ And I understand Goku, but Vegeta? He has C Falcon's VA!

I can't see the appeal in the Japanese dub at all. I mainly prefer Japanese dubs for everything but Dragon Ball Z is the exception. Vegeta, Goku and many other voices are impossible to listen to at all. Even the Japanese music is awful.

It works so much better if you've watched through Dragon Ball in Japanese

Like it gives a good sense of continuity that this character still basically has the same voice but deeper

Also Krillin/Kuririn is Luffy and it's great

zeshakag

I just really hate Faulconer's soundtrack. I involuntarily cringe when I listen to it. To me there isn't a shred of craft or nuance to the soundtrack. At BEST, it is tolerable, but most of the time, it feels like my dog playing around with the rock drum patch on a keyboard and chord progressions with no rhyme or reason. Sporadic, nonsensical, like peering into the mind's eye of a child with severe ADD and transcribing it to a piano roll.

There were many good, affordable composers available at the time, just look at the video games industry back then.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I just really hate Faulconer's soundtrack. I involuntarily cringe when I listen to it. To me there isn't a shred of craft or nuance to the soundtrack. At BEST, it is tolerable, but most of the time, it feels like my dog playing around with the rock drum patch on a keyboard and chord progressions with no rhyme or reason. Sporadic, nonsensical, like peering into the mind's eye of a child with severe ADD and transcribing it to a piano roll.

There were many good, affordable composers available at the time, just look at the video games industry back then.

Didn't they go with all local people for the second dub? Like iirc Chris Sabat wasn't a voice actor but ended playing Picollo and Vegeta and like 18 other characters.

It works so much better if you've watched through Dragon Ball in Japanese

Like it gives a good sense of continuity that this character still basically has the same voice but deeper

Also Krillin/Kuririn is Luffy and it's great

This. It's really jarring if you just go straight into Adult Goku. Watching her voice kid Goku gets you used to adult Goku.

Anth0ny

30 second teaser is up at kanzenshuu (they have a translation of goku's speech, it's about what you'd expect)

just over a week until the first episode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom