• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf GOTY 2018 |OT| Results

Lanrutcon

Will GoW 2018 stand up to scrutiny a year from now? Maybe. I'd give it a 60% to 70% shot. Especially when the sequel hype kicks in, for better or worse.

Will RDR 2 stand up to scrutiny a year from now? Oooh...don't know, man. Tedium does not get remembered fondly. I think time will be more unkind to the wild west than the frozen north.

Someone start a timer.

Vawn

Banned
You're not stating facts, you're stating opinions just as I am.

I stated there are twice as many PS4 players as Xbox One players.

You stated that NeoGAF (SonyGAF) posters just like Sony more or the Sony fanboys are just more "um... vocal", so it looks more popular here.

I stated PS4 has 5 or 6 exclusive games that show up on pretty much every GOTY list.

You stated NeoGAF has bad tastes in games, so they put these games such as Detroit in the list.

ethomaz

Banned

You stated that NeoGAF (SonyGAF) posters just like Sony more or the Sony fanboys are just more "um... vocal", so it looks more popular here.

I stated PS4 has 5 or 6 exclusive games that show up on pretty much every GOTY list.

You stated NeoGAF has bad tastes in games, so they put these games such as Detroit in the list.
Seems like he had bad tastes in games compared with the majority :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I humbly disagree. By that stance, i reckon The Walking Dead and Firewatch are not your cup of tea either?

Its a take on the interactive movie, much like how the Black Mirror Bandersnatch episode is a take on it but the other way around. Its heavily narrative driven, reminscent of adventure games of old. Its something you dig or you don't.

Actually I quite like Firewatch. I have no problem with walking simulators or adventure games. It's just that Cage's writing is so bloated and nonsensical it never grips me. Maybe it's a me thing.

I never compared the number of PS4 players with Xbox One players, I never compared it to anything and it's idiotic because you can also game on a PC or a Nintendo console. And I stand by what I said, Sony fans are just louder. This has been my experience with gaming boards, maybe yours has been different, I don't know.

I never stated that NeoGAF has bad taste in games, just that Detroit is getting overrated and your point about 5-6 GOTY contenders is exaggerated. You're looking for that GOTCHA moment and you ain't got it, I can't help you man.

I didn't mean to monopolize the thread though and I know a lot of great work went to this. I apologize for going on this tangent and let's move on.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is #4 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance only #18? Disgusting GAF. Disgusting.

One sold 20x more than the other, people con't vote for something they have not played.

Zimmy68

I agree with the top 4 but I would have the order swapped.
I enjoyed Assassin Creed Odyssey exponentially more then GOW.

Vawn

Banned
I agree with the top 4 but I would have the order swapped.
I enjoyed Assassin Creed Odyssey exponentially more then GOW.

Interesting. I platinumed both and I can't think of one thing AC Odyssey does better than God of War - gameplay, graphics, story, acting, pacing.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Interesting. I platinumed both and I can't think of one thing AC Odyssey does better than God of War - gameplay, graphics, story, acting, pacing.

More map icons?

Top Bottom