• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I am not sure about those two bans. are we not allowed to post about Xbox BC here? dont know who that twitter user is? is he a banned source or something? was it fake news? the ban message doesnt state any of this.

I guess what I am asking is what can we talk about when it comes to today's news.
There's a huge difference between talk which implies discussing in a civilized manner than one who is constantly throwing complacent troll posts in "the console they don't like" thread (s). The big issue I see is that if these people can't keep their cool now...how are they going to be helping the site reputation when those launch days officially begin. Right now, it appears that the mods are trying to control the potential console warriors before MS and Sony's new launches. If not, come November it will be a mess to clean up. Better to clean early and keep the forum sterile from the "warriors" ;)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
There's a huge difference between talk which implies discussing in a civilized manner than one who is constantly throwing complacent troll posts in "the console they don't like" thread (s). The big issue I see is that if these people can't keep their cool now...how are they going to be helping the site reputation when those launch days officially begin. Right now, it appears that the mods are trying to control the potential console warriors before MS and Sony's new launches. If not, come November it will be a mess to clean up. Better to clean early and keep the forum sterile from the "warriors" ;)
I didnt know about their previous histories, I was only looking at the Post for which they got banned and I did not see any warring there. They both just posted a tweet without any kind of warring. It was the same tweet too so I thought the problem was with the tweet itself.

But it seems they were both on thin ice and had received recent warning and this was like someone else said the straw the broke the camel's back.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I didnt know about their previous histories, I was only looking at the Post for which they got banned and I did not see any warring there. They both just posted a tweet without any kind of warring. It was the same tweet too so I thought the problem was with the tweet itself.

But it seems they were both on thin ice and had received recent warning and this was like someone else said the straw the broke the camel's back.
One of them was posting regularly in this thread about a month ago. His posts here indicated that he was siding big time with one of the big brands. It's their post history, too. You typically get post bans, thread locks, or warnings if it's a first time thing. Obviously, these guys are veterans in warring based on the multiple warning notices placed before their ban reason.

pawel86ck

Banned
#freeBo

Well so much for sonyGAF...
I have to say mods were very nice to him. Few days off for starting console war is nothing and especially when Bo refused to accepted mods decision (he continued his discussion about DF over multiple threads). I bet mods were considering to ban him permanently, because other people were permanently banned for much less. He is either lucky, or mods really like him.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So uh what happened on the ban page?
giphy.gif

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
They should start doing bans that last until the consoles come out
I believe the plan is to ban based on which regular warriors will be causing the most noise and trying to sour up GAF at all times. However, it's a bit of overtime for mods to filter out those members prior to launch. Someone always slips though whether it's a regular user or Neo Member. It helps when mods add the "report me for trolling..." tags to members with a reputation.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Console-warring Neos are the worst. Many come in aggressively console warring right off the bat like gladiators in the Roman Coliseum.

Not all Neos are like this but it seems like an inordinate number of both Xbox and PS newcomers only joined to troll and console war and both sides are totally obnoxious.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Console-warring Neos are the worst. Many come in aggressively console warring right off the bat like gladiators in the Roman Coliseum.

Not all Neos are like this but it seems like an inordinate number of both Xbox and PS newcomers only joined to troll and console war and both sides are totally obnoxious.
They couldn't make it more obvious that they're an alt if they tried.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned

I genuinely thought this was about people with Neo avatars, and found myself agreeing.

Faithless83

Banned
Hello guys. I'm kinda new here. So this is where the salty fun "I have no intelligent reply, so I'll use a meme instead of arguments" happens?
I somehow keep missing the best threads.
But go on, It's really enlightening reading the replies.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Hello guys. I'm kinda new here. So this is where the salty fun "I have no intelligent reply, so I'll use a meme instead of arguments" happens?
I somehow keep missing the best threads.
But go on, It's really enlightening reading the replies.

How charming. Great post history too.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I genuinely thought this was about people with Neo avatars, and found myself agreeing.

Which could tell alot.
I mean, the first thing I did when I was new here was trying to participate on Saturn thread discussion(didn't work for me at the time). Then after that I was usually participating around games discussion.

What new member would start straight to low effort, baits and console war stuff?

-Arcadia-

Banned
Which could tell alot.
I mean, the first thing I did when I was new here was trying to participate on Saturn thread discussion(didn't work for me at the time). Then after that I was usually participating around games discussion.

What new member would start straight to low effort, baits and console war stuff?

No, I mean the character Neo, lol.

But I do agree. These people that can’t even control themselves from post #1, are ridiculous. I’m not even sure we want them here. They seem like the flies that the worse long-term members attracted.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Take this guy.
How do you literally start in the Next Gen speculation thread and act so overly familiar? Its like he already knows this place.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Try it now.
Agreed. It's likely being modded as we speak. I jumped to the speculation thread and see another Neo Member there inching his way toward a safe haven on the ban board. I stopped reporting users a couple months ago. I think the moderation power leveled-up when those two new mods hopped on board. Soapy Wooder Soapy Wooder was one of them. Bets are on that your guy is on the list before the end of the week.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Just new guy getting to know people with interesting arguments in "meme" format is all.
Looks like a fun thread to hang around.
Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

Welcome to the community. Please continue this conversation in the most welcoming thread below.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Welcome to the community. Please continue this conversation in the most welcoming thread below.

Man throw me a bone and link them to the Virgin thread
I can do it, but I can't do it alone!

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
Man throw me a bone and link them to the Virgin thread
I can do it, but I can't do it alone!

That looks fun too, thanks!
I'd say I'm more on the "I don't care how ancient you are, I'm more interested on what you bring to the table now" camp, though.
Sadly for some, this isn't Japan, you know?

That said, I'll follow Mod of War and your suggestions.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
When the only people coming in here and stupidly begging for someone to be unbanned, despite it being justified, are console warriors who happen to peddle the same brand of bullshit as the user in question, it doesn't paint that individual in the best light and only helps show that the mods decision was the correct one.

Besides, the ban lasts less than a week, you pussies.

Faithless83

Banned
When the only people coming in here and stupidly begging for someone to be unbanned, despite it being justified, are console warriors who happen to peddle the same brand of bullshit as the user in question, it doesn't paint that individual in the best light and only helps show that the mods decision was the correct one.

Besides, the ban lasts less than a week, you pussies.
Since we are back on topic, care to elaborate on "despite it being justified"?

notseqi

Mod of War Mod of War Just out of curiosity, has JLMC469 JLMC469 ever received warnings like a thread ban, temporary ban, or anything less than a perm?

Also, same question for UKTaylorSwift UKTaylorSwift . I don't even remember seeing any of their posts and I'm on here constantly.

Also, what are the moderation policies in regards to advocation of genocide? Thanks.
You're giving the whole 'but what are the ruuuuuules'-thing another go, I see.

Faithless83

Banned
He's been warned for console warring several times, but you already knew this, Amir0x
Are we still on the "alt boat"? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I just don't get what was justified. He was pointing out some weird shit on the "4k native" footage of halo from DF.
Is this also considered console warring?

I love John Linneman work in there, but recently DF seems a lot more "in bed" with MS. In the past they would go in lenghs to show details and zoom the shit out of everything. Halo we were supposed to take their word for it.

See, I'm not just screaming "You're wrong!!" to the mods here. I'm trying to understand the reasoning for it. You seem to agree with the decision, but your take has nothing but trying to somehow "trigger more bans for the people on the same side as Bo".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom