• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don't be all whiny, you're my favorite Sony fan.

You don't qualify as a fanboy, you just aren't serious enough about the Great Console Warz.

LastLeadingBackswimmer-size_restricted.gif

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Wow are you really that triggered over someone who’s jokes are funny about console wars? Come on dude. 🤣

He’s a funny and cool dude.
Mmm, shitting up almost every thread with console wars bullshit. Hilarious.

News flash, the majority of this forum hates dipshits like you and the rest of the hardcore fanboys. And no I'm not talking about the PS side as that would be ridiculously unfair, I'm talking about them all.

People on GAF want to discuss gaming as a favorite hobby of theirs, they want to discuss the ups and downs of the upcoming console launches, but can't do so without some idiot coming in and derailing things. It's one thing to have a preference, it's another to be engulfed in this "us vs them" mentality and the urge to continually war and defend the honour of corporations that don't even know you exist.

People are simply beyond sick of it.

-Arcadia-

Banned

News flash, the majority of this forum hates dipshits like you and the rest of the hardcore fanboys. And no I'm not talking about the PS side as that would be ridiculously unfair, I'm talking about them all.

People on GAF want to discuss gaming as a favorite hobby of theirs, they want to discuss the ups and downs of the upcoming console launches, but can't do so without some idiot coming in and derailing things. It's one thing to have a preference, it's another to be engulfed in this "us vs them" mentality and the urge to continually war and defend the honour of corporations that don't even know you exist.

No hate from me towards LED Guy, whom I seem to recall getting along with, but preach. I come to Gaf for fun, interesting discussion, and to offer my take. Not constant brainlet wars.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
No hate from me towards LED Guy, whom I seem to recall getting along with, but preach. I come to Gaf for fun, interesting discussion, and to offer my take. Not constant brainlet wars.
Hate is a strong word, and I wasn't trying to single him out. I meant more so the hardcore fanboys that can't help but derail the majority of threads off the tracks.

So LED Guy? LED Guy? I apologize if it comes off like I'm picking on you specifically.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Hate is a strong word, and I wasn't trying to single him out. I meant more so the hardcore fanboys that can't help but derail the majority of threads off the tracks.

So LED Guy? LED Guy? I apologize if it comes off like I'm picking on you specifically.

To be fair, he probably is guilty. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I just wanted to clarify for my own purposes. A lot of these people, when they aren't being retarded, are cool, fun people, and have treated me as such.

I try to dial down the rhetoric when people actually contribute things here, even if they do other things that annoy me. Especially if we get along, as nobody wants someone they consider an acquaintance and a friend suddenly going psycho on them.

Faithless83

Banned

Isn't Gaf the same frenzied war around every console launch though? The games will come up, the discussions will evolve.
People are bored/anxious for news and somehow pointing fingers makes them feel superior, don't you agree?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Move on, thank you.
So they didn't get warned at all? I just wanted to say that it seemed like a permanent ban is too aggressive and I think you should consider a lesser ban, unless there's some other previous conduct I'm not aware of.

I don't have all the search tools or information you guys do, which is why the first thing I did is ask you about it in the appropriate thread for it. But it seems like UKTaylorSwift UKTaylorSwift joined on Saturday and is already permed. Going over their post history, it doesn't seem to me like they're a troll. The post he got banned for is absolutely not trolling. He introduced himself in the introduction thread and gave out his gamertags to play games with the community. Then Cunth Cunth calls him a soyboy and starts trolling him and he replies back. None of the replies are serious or mean. Then it shows his ban is because he called the thread misogynistic, when it could easily be argued that it was. How is that trolling?

And then JLMC469 JLMC469 explains in a thread about anti-maskers that his brother is a doctor in NYC. So when he says half the people here are uneducated 16 year olds, he's making a point about the stance of the community here in terms of masks, and this is in the politics forum which allows repeated insults, and derailing with much less moderation for thin-skinned people. Why immediately permanent ban someone for that? What is the reasoning for not banning for less time?

[EDIT] Gotta love how brap brap and crew have to laugh at this post to mock it, even though he got warnings repeatedly, temporary bans repeatedly, then a permanent ban, then a reverse on his permanent ban. But this is just hilarious since it's not people in his clique.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
Every console launch? The 360/ps3, xbone ps4 and now.

I thought you said you were new?

Edit: Wouldn't me being an alt warrant me a ban though? I guess by how much people are quoting me as someone else, the mods would have checked that by now?

Makes me feel feel like I'm an insider that needs to be vetted. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
So they didn't get warned at all? I just wanted to say that it seemed like a permanent ban is too aggressive and I think you should consider a lesser ban, unless there's some other previous conduct I'm not aware of.

I don't have all the search tools or information you guys do, which is why the first thing I did is ask you about it in the appropriate thread for it. But it seems like UKTaylorSwift UKTaylorSwift joined on Saturday and is already permed. Going over their post history, it doesn't seem to me like they're a troll. The post he got banned for is absolutely not trolling. He introduced himself in the introduction thread and gave out his gamertags to play games with the community. Then Cunth Cunth calls him a soyboy and starts trolling him and he replies back. None of the replies are serious or mean. Then it shows his ban is because he called the thread misogynistic, when it could easily be argued that it was. How is that trolling?

And then JLMC469 JLMC469 explains in a thread about anti-maskers that his brother is a doctor in NYC. So when he says half the people here are uneducated 16 year olds, he's making a point about the stance of the community here in terms of masks, and this is in the politics forum which allows repeated insults, and derailing with much less moderation for thin-skinned people. Why immediately permanent ban someone for that? What is the reasoning for not banning for less time?
He attacked me

-Arcadia-

Banned
Okay, since Miku seems to have taken my comment about not being okay with Chinese Islam camps, and turned it into wanting genocide (impressive by even his standards), and is campaigning for my ban...

I guess I can make up things out of thin air too?

He actually sent me pictures of his tiny baby dick in PMs. Could you please ban him for a week, with that cited as the reason?

It's a really tough time for me right now, and this would help.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Okay, since Miku seems to have taken my comment about not being okay with Chinese Islam camps, and turned it into wanting genocide (impressive by even his standards), and is campaigning for my ban...

He actually sent me pictures of his tiny baby dick in PMs. Could you please ban him for a week, with that cited as the reason?

Mods have been watching this thread all day...any moment we will hear a voice of reason accompanied by a John Williams-esque crescendo.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member

I never asked for your ban in any way. I didn't report any comments in that thread either. And the only thing I did is ask for the mods' opinions on the subject, which they never even gave me. The way you guys camp this thread makes it impossible to even speak to the mods.

-Arcadia-

Banned
It's like Miku thinks we have two second memories, and won't sniff out his bullshit.

Here's the link to Miku calling my post genocide. Click in to see that it's in reference to me.

Genocide. I mean, free speech. 🤮

Here's the start of him ban begging, albeit not by name, because he's too cowardly, and thinks I don't notice.

Also, what are the moderation policies in regards to advocation of genocide? Thanks.

Here's the finished product.

A snake in three acts, with the lies above acting as a crescendo.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Athena~

Banned
I never asked for your ban in any way. I didn't report any comments in that thread either. And the only thing I did is ask for the mods' opinions on the subject, which they never even gave me. The way you guys camp this thread makes it impossible to even speak to the mods.
Have you tried PM the mods? They have been very fair from what I have seen, no complaints here.

Wait please don’t leave! You are cool.

Faithless83

Banned
Go ahead and make it permanent. I'm tired of this place.

75% of the community are uneducated 15 year olds. That's way worse than JLMC469 JLMC469 so now you can just wipe my account. I wont be logging in anymore.
You would be surprised (as I was) on how old some people around here are. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Don't throw your account away, if you're pissed now, come back later.

I agree that his first couple posts were fine, but it is bad form for a brand new member of the community to then imply certain discussions shouldn't be allowed.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Some of you guys go from 1 to 11 like shit man calm down. Punished Miku Punished Miku people here that have talked against our louder "mask nazi" spouting members before, did so by addressing said members. If the guy you are defending felt the same way, his post would have been directed at them not the site in general. I'm not even sure I'd give him a perm myself either over it but still I can see why he got a ban. It is clear you are unhappy with the site, it's members and are clearly tired of using it. If you have to log off forever then sayonara, take care and stay safe.

edit: 3mm

Last edited by a moderator:
Punished Miku Punished Miku , if it will help just put certain people on ignore and don't worry about who reacts with LOLs to your posts. We are just strangers on the internet and there's no real reason to get so upset so as to decide to leave the community. People should only leave when they have to address something in their lives or if there is no longer anything they enjoy about GAF.

Last edited:

nush

Actually Miku is one of the few people I do have on ignore as he's a aloof condescending knob. He should just put people on ignore Instead of threatening to flounce off the forum, or just not log in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom