• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

notseqi

I just don't get what was justified. He was pointing out some weird shit on the "4k native" footage of halo from DF.
Is this also considered console warring?
So you didn't see him taking the stuff to several threads after his got locked?
I like Bo but that seemed like a mental episode. If you didn't see it as something quite out of the ordinary I am not sure what to tell you.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Wasn't he also previously permed but allowed to return as well?
Not that I'm aware of, but it's possible I missed that

Are we still on the "alt boat"? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I just don't get what was justified. He was pointing out some weird shit on the "4k native" footage of halo from DF.
Is this also considered console warring?

I love John Linneman work in there, but recently DF seems a lot more "in bed" with MS. In the past they would go in lenghs to show details and zoom the shit out of everything. Halo we were supposed to take their word for it.

See, I'm not just screaming "You're wrong!!" to the mods here. I'm trying to understand the reasoning for it. You seem to agree with the decision, but your take has nothing but trying to somehow "trigger more bans for the people on the same side as Bo".
Bo had a history of console warring, so his latest conspiracy theory was more of a straw that broke the camel's back type situation rather than it being for that specific post.

And I don't give a shit what a side a fanboy is on, they should all get banned as far as I'm concerned. At least the hardcore ones that do nothing but shit up every thread they enter.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
So you didn't see him taking the stuff to several threads after his got locked?
I like Bo but that seemed like a mental episode. If you didn't see it as something quite out of the ordinary I am not sure what to tell you.
Not that I'm aware of, but it's possible I missed that

Bo had a history of console, so his latest conspiracy theory was more of a straw that broke the camel's back.

And I don't give a shit what a side a fanboy is on, they should all get banned as far as I'm concerned. At least the hardcore ones that do nothing but shit up every thread they enter.
Yeah, everyone and their mother know his opinions on Sony, I get that. Yet no one can point out any reasoning besides "he had history".

I get that some users don't make the mods life any easier. But I think the screenshots are kinda proof on the pudding and not "conspiracy theory" territory. If it was another user making the thread, would it be considered console warring? Legit question.

If that's the case, wouldn't we be "tightening the grip a bit too far" like that other place?

And since good behavior should be praised, thanks for taking the time to write instead of the "single meme reply". I really appreciate it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah, everyone and their mother know his opinions on Sony, I get that. Yet no one can point out any reasoning besides "he had history".

I get that some users don't make the mods life any easier. But I think the screenshots are kinda proof on the pudding and not "conspiracy theory" territory. If it was another user making the thread, would it be considered console warring? Legit question.

If that's the case, wouldn't we be "tightening the grip a bit too far" like that other place?

And since good behavior should be praised, thanks for taking the time to write instead of the "single meme reply". I really appreciate it.
Come on Chief, let's cut the whole feigning ignorance thing. We all know you're only defending his honour because he happens to be on the "same side as you" when it comes to fighting the good fight.

Dumb shit like this only further proves that theory correct. You're just another console warrior, and you're in shambles because one of your ilk is taking a very short vacation.

Are we done, or do you want to keep wasting my time on this particular matter?

Faithless83

Banned
Come on Chief, let's cut the whole feigning ignorance thing. We all know you're only defending his honour because he happens to be on the "same side as you" when it comes to fighting the good fight.

Dumb shit like this only further proves that theory correct. You're just another console warrior, and you're in shambles because one of your ilk is taking a very short vacation.

Are we done, or do you want to keep wasting my time on this particular matter?
See, you are still failing to answer the question. Much like the "alt account" thing, you are focusing on what you believe is right. My post was a light joke compared to this. Don't go flat earth on me, I still have hopes for you!

As you already pointed out, it's only a week, I'm questioning the reason behind it besides "he had history". That's all.

Call me whatever you like. I'm a collector, but I don't hide behind the "I have it all", since like everyone here, I also have my preferences. I consider myself more of a "free agent" though. I was on Sega, Nintendo and even MS prior to my current preference. I go where the games I like take me, the machine is just means to an end.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
See, you are still failing to answer the question. Much like the "alt account" thing, you are focusing on what you believe is right. My post was a light joke compared to this. Don't go flat earth on me, I still have hopes for you!

As you already pointed out, it's only a week, I'm questioning the reason behind it besides "he had history". That's all.

Call me whatever you like. I'm a collector, but I don't hide behind the "I have it all", since like everyone here, I also have my preferences. I consider myself more of a "free agent" though. I was on Sega, Nintendo and even MS prior to my current preference. I go where the games I like take me, the machine is just means to an end.

Calling an outlet a liar about pixel counting and hiding behind a game while trying to post evidence of images that they (Bo) didn't even pixel count but instead saying "use your eyes" is not a well thought out argument. Then trying to elongate your argument by posting in different threads because yours got shut down is not the way to go about it. NeoGaf isn't your personal platform to complain about what you dont like.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yes, he was, but Evilore has a good heart and are willing to give 2'nd chances :D.

I liked Bo, because he was nice to people including me, but even I can admit he went too far yesterday. He was arguing in really bad faith and anyone can see his only motive was to shit on DF. His evidence was very questionable, yet he called DF liars and went rouge. When mods closed his thread he ignored their decision and immediately continued his disussion in "next gen thread". He got thread ban in next gen thread when he started to spam it, but he ignored his warning again and continued across multiple other threads. Like I have said before, he is very lucky mods didn't banned permanently, and I bet the only reason mods are doing him favors is because they must like him.

Why I say his evidence was questionable? If he wanted to compare performance mode picture quality to 4K then he should use screenshots from the first trailer as a point of reference (especially when even DF has confirmed it was running at real 4K). But no, warrior within him told him to chose xbox game (he wanted to start console war). Halo infinite is the worst point of reference you can ask, because game is overusing VRS. What's worse he focused on the red color pixelcounts totally ignoring chroma bleeding. Other people later on showed their pixel counts from the other ares (not read colors areas) and pixels were much smaller like you would expect from 4K game. If Bo_hazem wanted to make a really fair comparison, he would pixelcount games running with similar resolution, like Uncharted 4 (because it's 1440p upscaled to 4K too, therefore Demons Souls performance mode pixels should look the same if game is indeed running at 1440p as DF suggest).

Bo_hazem meltdown was really surprisng to me. He probably thought 10TF can move mountains while in reality 10TF is only enough for 1440p 60fps in crurrent gen games if you push details very high, and here's a proof:

Rise Of The Tomb Raider is old current gen game, but even this game can barely keep 60fps on 5700XT GPU (9-10TF RDNA). Demons souls looks mich better than tomb raider, so people should consider it a great result (even considering PS5 GPU will be a little bit faster than 5700XT). Why Bo_hazem had to shit on DF so much? DF said game looks spectacular, they have praised graphics in this game, but he focused only on 1440p pixel count :p.

I remember when DF pixel count was wrong in "Redout". Developers have immediately responded and corrected DF. I'm sure if DF pixel count in Demons Souls remake would be wrong, then Bluepoint would respond quickly as well. I wonder what will Bo_hazem do when other experts (VGtech, or NXgamer) will confirm 1440p in DS remake performance mode?

Problem with Bo isn’t he’s a Sony fan.

It’s that he can go on forever trying to prove his point.

The guy tries to prove DF is crap with these zoomed in 800% pics in one thread, people probably lost interest and then to justify his view makes a new thread based on the same shit he just posted in another thread!?!?!?

he’s one of those guys that has to be his way.

there can be a banana on a table and you can say it’s yellow. He’ll say it’s not yellow, it’s canary. You say nah it’s yellow, close enough. Then he’ll upload some photoshop Pantone colour wheel and say it’s closer to colour 1742B which is tropical canary, so he wins.

One of those guys.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I have to say that I'm very amazed at how much better and impartial the moderation has been getting.
Two large events which I notice are being filtered very well are the impending November elections and caustic posters that will try to bring havoc during or after election day.
The other are the Fall/Winter console launches and the weeding out and adjusting of members who want to make GAF their war ground before, during, and after the launches. The list grows daily.

Anyway, I saw this ban last night. After the guy insults GAF, he goes on posting like as if it's no biggie. It reminds me of when a child says a bad word and the parent says, "what did you just say?" The child answers back by changing the subject. Child still gets punished by parents. The guys AV has Reset colors coincidentally, too.

SyJvZJt.jpg

CgnRjPC.jpg

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I never understood the spam accounts....Are they bots signing up, going to random threads and posting stuff with links to buy products or something?
Or maybe some people used VPN or SOCKS proxy to hide that they are alts and bots auto banned them. There is no escape for those trying to make alts.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
Damn Bryank75 Bryank75 got banned???? He's my favorite Sony fanboy. What happened??? He's usually polite, reasonable and enjoyable to discuss games with even though we have very different tastes. At least it's only for a few days.

As an Xbot can I lobby for the return of a Sony pony??
Bryank75 Bryank75 ban was really weird, I blame Karen!
Even though I believe he meant a mother who doesn't know anything about games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom