• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Live 07 trailer

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
<3

Rockets.

DMczaf said:
See how unrealistic NBA Live is? T-Mac driving into the paint :lol :(

Amen.

Well, he DID drive past Walker..something even I could do. But I have a feeling the AI defense is still going to suck this year.

pheeniks said:
Amen.

Well, he DID drive past Walker..something even I could do. But I have a feeling the AI defense is still going to suck this year.

A five year old could drive past Walker, and probably cross him up too.

Zep

Banned
Just to let you know...This is a video from E3, I still have it on my computer. This one is just HD(i think).

DMczaf

http://www.talkxbox.com/preview1077.html

The dynasty mode also has a player rotation screen that I now prefer over the regular depth chart. You can determine a particular percentage of how much playing time each player participates for the five positions. If you want to put Shaq into the point guard for a few minutes when you simulate your games, you are able to do so. Of course, you’ll be able to play over several decades to have your players retire with your team (sadly no Hall of Fame feature was found). Also a big feature that is being stressed is the team chemistry. This isn’t the usual the more wins the better type chemistry; it includes factors such as: happiness in player talent, market, contentment in play time, and much more. The dynasty is shaping up to be one of the better ones to be released within a sports title.

Visually, NBA Live 2007 is centering on taking away the dark contrasts and shadows. With this in effect, it looks more sleek and bright. They clearly didn’t want a moody game anymore. The lead art designer mentioned that skin quality was a major priority for the team. They wanted the players to sweat and look as if they have just came out of the shower at the end of the game. Unfortunately, right after tip-off, the players were drenched with sweat, so the perspiration came a little early in this build. They will of course fix this in due time, but it’s definitely interesting to see how much sweat the players will progressively have throughout the game. The coaches on the sidelines are animated and resemble their real life counterparts.

Also included in the visual department this year is over 200-300 pass animations, 50-75 Signature free throw animations, and names under the players' feet have been removed. With the players' names being removed, a new HUD is introduced. The HUD is in the bottom corners for the gamers to recognize which player they are in control of. For all the complaints last year of the free-form camera being removed, NBA Live 2007 brings it back for those who want to see every intricate detail of the game.

As for the gameplay, the team has thrown out the '94 system and introduced all new computer A.I. They took their time with building up this engine and want to keep adding new features with the upcoming years. New to this year’s version is the Superstar Types. There are five different superstar types and three levels of which they could be. The five offensive types showcased were ‘High Flyer’, ‘Playmaker’, ‘Post’, ‘Scorer’, and ‘3PT’. The only two of them should need a clarifying. ‘Playmaker’ is a superstar type that is known for passing. ‘Scorer’ is for players who shoot the pretty jump shots over a rising defender. The different levels could be compared to a level 2 ‘High Flyer’ Ricky Davis to a level 3 ‘High Flyer’ in Lebron James.

Top Bottom