• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog’s New IP is called Eyes of Polaris [Fake]

Draugoth

Gold Member
Apparently, Naughty Dog New IP is a sci-fi called Eye of Polaris

Screenshot_20230930-155820.jpg

Edit:

Seems it's debunked:

Nice try...

Gotta love reverse image search, I'm part bloodhound

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I understand you looked into who is this guy tweeting and how is this worth any attention?

Factions2? Lol.

If it's ND.. Gonna have some quality in it for sure. Looking forward to seeing what they got cooking up. Especially hope that Factions 2 is fully fleshed out.

Majormaxxx

Meh. Fool me once, ND.

BTW the name is really cool.

Reminds me of the French graphic novels (BD) Aldebaran by Lèo.

Also a nice play on the name SHOULDER OF ORION.

IYKYK

Last edited:
Dope title if true.

I'm down. But I was hoping for something more midevil fantasy from them rather than sci fi.

TBH, I am really not sure how capable ND is these days at a new IP. It's been a long time, and many studio directors have left

mortal

Gold Member
Hope to see something official sooner than later, if true.

I don't hate the TLOU IP, but I rather not see Naughty Dog spend an entire console generation on mostly TLOU projects.
I'm just eager to see them tackle a radically different setting, with a fresh cast of characters.
Hate them or love them, you just know it'll be a fairly impressive technical showcase for the PS5.

mystech

Please be single player and not riddled with micro transactions. My trust in big AAA titles has gotten pretty low this generation.

The pedigree of this studio skyrockets this to anticipated.

A proper sci-fi game by these folks? Come on now. This will be huge.

Naughty Dog has grown to 888 employees on LinkedIn from last year's 725. I. plan on making a sequel topic to my thread from last year at the end of next month.

Growing 163 people in a single year is significant when you consider that number alone made a game like Ghost of Tsushima.

I could see Naughty Dog at 2,000 strong by the end of the generation and Insomniac could be 1,000.

I could see Naughty Dog taking on projects the size of Cyberpunk.

I could see the following from them: A massive 3rd person multiplayer game in Factions, a massive sci-fi game in the scope of Cyberpunk, and a massive game in Last of Us 3, all the while consulting on another studio taking a shot at rebooting/continuing Uncharted.

But back to the topic... We already know the Witcher 4 is Polaris so that's probably where this person thought of this fake rumor.

near

Gold Member
Gets an announcement in 2024, released date scheduled for 2025, then delayed until 2026.

DrFigs

Naughty Dog has grown to 888 employees on LinkedIn from last year's 725. I. plan on making a sequel topic to my thread from last year at the end of next month.

Growing 163 people in a single year is significant when you consider that number alone made a game like Ghost of Tsushima.

I could see Naughty Dog at 2,000 strong by the end of the generation and Insomniac could be 1,000.

I could see Naughty Dog taking on projects the size of Cyberpunk.

I could see the following from them: A massive 3rd person multiplayer game in Factions, a massive sci-fi game in the scope of Cyberpunk, and a massive game in Last of Us 3, all the while consulting on another studio taking a shot at rebooting/continuing Uncharted.

But back to the topic... We already know the Witcher 4 is Polaris so that's probably where this person thought of this fake rumor.
the art looks like ai to me. i don't think naughty dog is calling the multiplayer games factions 2 (but i'm not sure). and yeah it's not like surprising they might be working on a sci-fi game. tlou2 is filled with references to space, including the savage starlight collectibles. obviously fake imo. and i didnt even know about the witcher 4 thing

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Does the leaker have any history? Or is this a random Twitter account farming for clicks?

Whatever NDs new IP is, it's years away, let's be honest. There is no way anyone will have anything more than a project codename, this far in advance, it's complete bullshit.

the art looks like ai to me. i don't think naughty dog is calling the multiplayer games factions 2 (but i'm not sure). and yeah it's not like surprising they might be working on a sci-fi game. tlou2 is filled with references to space, including the savage starlight collectibles. obviously fake imo. and i didnt even know about the witcher 4 thing

I doubt they call it Factions 2 given that Factions wasn't stand alone or a hit.

They'll probably just call it LOU Online for better brand recognition.

Hestar69

whatever it is I'm sure it'll be good I Haven't played a ND game I hated. Love their games now give me UC5 and TLOU3 with that new ip!

Aenima

Whatever it is, it has my atention. I'll start getting hyped, or not, after i actually see some gameplay.

And they better bring new playable character for TLOU3.

Top Bottom