• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nacon Games Showcase announced for February 29

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I only see the logo and the word Nacon and my confidence drops to 5% of the company, with so many little gems and deals they make, they are scary.

tusharngf

giphy.gif

test drive baby

Dazraell

Looking forward to learn more about Greedfall II. Loved the first game. Not really a big fan of Nacon as a company though. The whole drama they had with Frogwares was concerning, to say the least

Hudo

Looking forward to learn more about Greedfall II. Loved the first game. Not really a big fan of Nacon as a company though. The whole drama they had with Frogwares was concerning, to say the least
True. But I still take Nacon over Embracer any day.

I quite enjoyed The Sinking City, warts and all, and there were plenty of warts.

I tried real hard to like Greedfall, but it just didn’t click and I bailed at around the ten hour point.

Dazraell

I never heard of this before. Damn.
You can read more about it here, this happened a few years ago. Not really sure how things have ended but whole thing was bizarre, to say the least. Frogwares is now sole owner of Sinking City IP so I guess they won the dispute

I want to get more specifics for Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown, but if it is online only I am skipping it. Don't want the filthy PC launcher either. 🤮 Maybe Series S will let me bypass that shite.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Watch GreedFall 2 finally surpassing BioWare's stuff.
Looking at the trailer it will come first in Early Access. I hope they're taking Larian's approach with giving it time and looking for feedback which will help them expanding the game, but man, at a same time it's quite concerning as games from Spiders always launched as complete. My worry is that the game needs more time in the oven and Nacon just decided to slap early access brand on it and move on

Hudo

Not a high bar to pass nowadays, unfortunately.
Yeah... true.

Looking at the trailer it will come first in Early Access. I hope they're taking Larian's approach with giving it time and looking for feedback which will help them expanding the game, but man, at a same time it's quite concerning as games from Spiders always launched as complete. My worry is that the game needs more time in the oven and Nacon just decided to slap early access brand on it and move on
I mean, I wish Spiders all the best. They deserve a hit, imho. Personally, I've never been really interested in any game they've made so far (GreedFall 2 included) but I think if they keep at it, they could really do some cool-ass shit down the line. Like Larian.

Dazraell

I mean, I wish Spiders all the best. They deserve a hit, imho. Personally, I've never been really interested in any game they've made so far (GreedFall 2 included) but I think if they keep at it, they could really do some cool-ass shit down the line. Like Larian.
I really love what they're doing, so I'm crossing my fingers for their success. GreedFall 1 was a fun game, even with its flaws (small variety of environments and rushed ending being the most notable offenders). Either way, the news about Early Access feel a bit fishy to me. But let's just hope their goal is to launch earlier in order to improve the game based on feedback, not to launch a complete disaster and have an "it's just early access y'all" excuse

GymWolf

Watch GreedFall 2 finally surpassing BioWare's stuff.
Yeah not if enemy variety, combat and budget\reused assets remain the same as the first one.

I'm usually not bothered by low budget games, but in the case of greedfall it was super evident in too many key aspects.

Last edited:

Hudo

Yeah not if enemy variety, combat and budget\reused assets remain the same as the first one.

I'm usually not bothered by low budget games, but in the case of greedfall it was super evident in too many key aspects.
This is how Spiders' games seem to me. Tremendous ambition stifled by budget of like 2.50€.

Top Bottom