• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft/Turn 10 are apparently deleting negative Forza Motorsport reviews from the Xbox PC app

Banjo64

cumsessed
You haven't read my last part you quoted, haven't you?
I can also rate games I never played or bought just in the shop. So you only need and Ms account to review anything. (I just tested it a few seconds ago)
If you’re insinuating what I think you’re insinuating, then it’s clear some are really descending in to insanity in their defence of Xbox.

If not, sorry for my comment.

Last edited:

graywolf323

I wrote a 2 star review two days ago, certainly not low effort as it took all 500 available characters, no swearing, no mention of, shall we say, “other” racing games…

It’s completely gone today, like it never existed. There’s definitely some fuckery going on.
Judging by all the non-constructive trolling, it wouldn't be surprising that those deleted "reviews" are all spam and drive-by garbage. And there's still plenty left lol.
I mean you would be an expert in drive-by garbage 🤔 but it sure doesn’t seem to me that Nydius’ review fits that

gothmog

Gold Member
So...

What happened to Forza? It was a guaranteed 9/10 but from the impressions I'm seeing there's a huge fall from grace. Anyone care to summarize?
If I had to guess they were allowed a delay but with a set deadline. They had to cut corners to get to that deadline and we're seeing the results of that corner cutting.

I hope it's that because otherwise it is other elements of Microsoft management thinking it is okay to release early MVP versions at launch.

FrankWza

Lighting issues
- Severe downgrades since announcement
- Lackluster performance
- Omission of content
- Lies told by the dev
- 6 year old models and textures in a game that was "Built from the ground up"

There's more, but youll have to read it for yourself. ;)

TL;DR : Its a shitshow
I think one key point is that a big deal was made that xbox was leaving last gen behind and focusing on current and that was going to be a big advantage over the competition. Especially when it was announced that GT7 was going to be cross-gen.

Rac3r

If I had to guess they were allowed a delay but with a set deadline. They had to cut corners to get to that deadline and we're seeing the results of that corner cutting.

I hope it's that because otherwise it is other elements of Microsoft management thinking it is okay to release early MVP versions at launch.

Either way is bad. Why the need to rush the game out and cut corners, when there's no direct competition to Forza that's releasing this holiday season? Because they're clearly prioritizing Game Pass over shipping a well made game. The deadline they set was probably unrealistic for the team, but all they care about is getting the game out so people stay subscribed.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Yes only authorized, mandated reviews that the developers themselves approve of and tell you to believe rather than your own eyes. Very 1984!
Reddit.jpg

Crayon

idk if the game was neccesarily rushed. The bar may have been kinda low. This would be far from the first game that was gaas and released in a sort of premature state. From our perspective it's all busted but from theirs it's out the door and immediatley switched to a monetized post-release support. They'll even weather the bad initial reviews. Trying to manipulate and obfuscate those reviews (at least in such a forceful manner) is not excused by that, though. Shady shit from ms reliably gets whitewashed, though. The can get caught in a lot that other companies would have more trouble living down.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
idk if the game was neccesarily rushed. The bar may have been kinda low. This would be far from the first game that was gaas and released in a sort of premature state. From our perspective it's all busted but from theirs it's out the door and immediatley switched to a monetized post-release support. They'll even weather the bad initial reviews. Trying to manipulate and obfuscate those reviews (at least in such a forceful manner) is not excused by that, though. Shady shit from ms reliably gets whitewashed, though. The can get caught in a lot that other companies would have more trouble living down.
You really think if they were manipulating reviews they would leave it with 46% 1 star reviews? Whatever these reviews were removed for they weren't for manipulating the score.

Crayon

You really think if they were manipulating reviews they would leave it with 46% 1 star reviews? Whatever these reviews were removed for they weren't for manipulating the score.

Hey maybe I'm jumping the gun and some good reason will emerge. That would be a little egg on my face, but point would stand since it's inherently about a history of bullshit.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's totally INSANE to me that this game is at a 51% in both Steam reviews and Xbox\PC App reviews. I'm sure MS had internal reviews of this game months ago. What happened?
Maybe I have different region than you, but my Xbox Marketplace (on Xbox) is showing 2.3 LMAO, worse than new The Crew

TIME OF CORRIDOR RACERS IS OVER

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Yet again they were very selective about who they gave review copies to.

This would be a “rental” title, if Blockbuster was still around and you wouldn’t even keep it long enough to get a late fee.
This part is funny to me because the game is literally e-rental slop, so not too different.

Last edited:
I never trust review platforms from the source. Maybe amazon but thats it. Always use a 3rd party and honestly GAF is the best review source for videogames on the internet.
My grandpa got this chair and he died on it. Good chair. Nice lumbar support.
Amazon review.

Last edited:

MikeM

So oddly enough my jump today from a 5600 to a 7600x brought my benchmark fps from 70 to 96. Pretty significant jump and on game the gameplay is far smoother.

Game still crashes out at the post-race summary lol

MS gotta be getting desperate now. Redfall, starfield and now forza, none of these games are hitting where MS wants reception wise. Game pass subscription growth will absolutely not hit their target.

Then get better management in. A set up that has the content do the taking rather than the executives. That would be a start.

It’s not going to work if a subscription service has influence on the product particularly those that have done well or better without such a thing in the past.

If the numbers are not growing substantially and digital/physical sales are not improving along with hardware sales to a degree that is needed, how are future games going to be budgeted?

Last edited:

skit_data

Are the reviews between the consoles and PC shared? I.e does bad reviews on the PC store show up in the console reviews? Considering the game seem to have some issues in the PC version I could see the score make kinda sense if that's indeed the case

Dorfdad

Gold Member
To be honest I don’t really care. I played some of it and it’s ok. I get that it’s a sim racer and I’m not a big fan of these but I think Forza Horizon 5 was something special.

More insults. Just when I thought you might be one of the good ones. I'll try to keep this on topic.

So these flaws seem representative of things that could be fixed in later patches. Another unfinished game. Damn shame.

I blame gamepass honestly. I think having games on gamepass means highly anticipated games can release finished just enough to keep people on the hook until they improve it. I imagine Xbox feels safe with this.
Its not an insult. Its a fact. So much for helping someone. Stupid ass snowflake.

jayj

Banned
I have to say, it's crazy how aggressive they have been when it comes to trying to stifle discontent over this game. I have definitely seen suppressed and deleted reviews, blatant shilling, and measures such as not counting or displaying how many likes a review has received.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Its not an insult. Its a fact. So much for helping someone. Stupid ass snowflake.
Is it though? We'll I'll let you know another fact. I was at work while posting my original question. I'm also up now, working. Take a look at the timestamp of when I posted this message. Trust me, I'm anything but lazy. What's more accurate is that I was optimizing my time by using resources available to me to gather seemingly mundane information that losers like you are too pompous to give common courtesy to simply answer instead trying to get your latest sideways ass remark in. Adding to this, you assume your opinion is fact...which tells me all I need to know about you. Snowflake? You're too unimportant for me to have any feeling about you. That's why I tried to keep the conversation moving....however you just couldn't let it go. Who's the real snowflake? You got triggered because I asked a question instead of perusing "4 different threads" to find my answer. Come on bro.

Last edited:

GHG

I have to say, it's crazy how aggressive they have been when it comes to trying to stifle discontent over this game. I have definitely seen suppressed and deleted reviews, blatant shilling, and measures such as not counting or displaying how many likes a review has received.

There's a civil war breaking out on the subreddit because of this.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Microsoft, the gift that keeps on giving.
They just can't help themselves, thing is, this is all self inflicted.

No need to result to such tactics if :
- You manage your sub companies/studios properly.

- You don't overhype and (try to) oversell a product.

- You don't put all your faith (and marketing) in the hands of astroturfers, shills and various other company men® trying to overhype said product X years in the making.

Apparently, it's hard stuff for MS to adhere to specific standards so here we are.

Promises, promises, promises, BS PR , overhype, shilling ad infinitum and always staying behind the competition, and yet, the immense zealotry of the vast majority of its fans that will jump to defend everything is just...not only toxic but comedic at the same time.

Last edited:

orimagdos

Banned
They are deleting posts cause the vast majority of them are copy and paste from others. There are like 149484 forza vs gt topics out there.

Most of those who post them are probably bots.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
No I mean there is no need for MS to manipulate the reviews because no-one gives a shit about them, they are full of cranks and wierdos.
There is of course a huge financial incentive for Microsoft to positively manipulate reviews.

But there is no incentive for a paying customer to negativelly manipulate reviews.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
There is of course a huge financial incentive for Microsoft to positively manipulate reviews.

But there is no incentive for a paying customer to negativelly manipulate reviews.
Not for the windows store - changing the metacritic yeah they would love to change that but the windows store I doubt that ever impacted anyone's purchase decision.
I don't think paying customers are manipulating reviews - it's just that mainly weirdos bother leaving a windows store review it's just yelling in to the wind.

Last edited:

John Wick

It's a decent game. I'm enjoying it so far. Plays well on console. Looks like we need a backlash to reverse the progression and grinding. For the average Joe it's a great game. Graphics are great and it's smooth.
Can't believe they've took 6 years. And I thought PD were slow.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It's a decent game. I'm enjoying it so far. Plays well on console. Looks like we need a backlash to reverse the progression and grinding. For the average Joe it's a great game. Graphics are great and it's smooth.
Can't believe they've took 6 years. And I thought PD were slow.
I'd never understand why these racing sequels take 5-6 years. Both Turn10 and PD are impossibly slow with these games.

jayj

Banned
There's definitely some paid shills posting 10/10's on Metacritic. I have seen loads of near-identical usernames posting near-identical "reviews," often very short, generic, and overly positive. It's so obvious it's comical.

Top Bottom