• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft/Turn 10 are apparently deleting negative Forza Motorsport reviews from the Xbox PC app

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Editing the review content sounds equally bad, by the way.

No company should be able to edit the review content. Steam's method of automatically detecting and changing abusive words is extremely simple and easy and should be implemented in case a company is concerned about abusive language on their website.

Manually editing reviews is a BIG NO!
I really don't know if they do this. It was just speculation. It could be as simple as deleting the entire text and keeping the score. I don't really fault companies for removing stuff they don't want kids to see, for example.

How bout if you don't wanna answer then you be lazy and don't reply.
How about spending time reading the fucking threads instead of replying to me? :D
But ok dearie:

- Lighting issues
- Severe downgrades since announcement
- Lackluster performance
- Omission of content
- Lies told by the dev
- 6 year old models and textures in a game that was "Built from the ground up"

There's more, but youll have to read it for yourself. ;)

TL;DR : Its a shitshow

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
How about spending time reading the fucking threads instead of replying to me? :D
I've read this entire thread, yet no one is really saying what's wrong with the game. Hence I ask the question, what's wrong with the game. Since you have no interest in answering and only berating me, then we can end this "conversation" here.

I've read this entire thread, yet no one is really saying what's wrong with the game. Hence I ask the question, what's wrong with the game. Since you have no interest in answering and only berating me, then we can end this "conversation" here.
Read my edited reply ;)

Allandor

You can't leave reviews on the Xbox store unless you have bought the game.

So there is no justification of deleting reviews.
You can. You just need gamepass and can review it with as many profiles you want (only have one gamepass and could still play and review the games with my kids profiles).
I can rate it right now and have not installed it because I'm not at home and only have the s with me that has not enough space (without removing the games for my kids).

Btw, if you watch the numbers, it seems more like they have removed ratings from players who did not play the game, else the overall rating would not be less than before removing ratings (wouldn't make sense to reduce the overall score if they would actively trying to change the score)

Btw, there is even a review here that says "couldn't download the game" ...

And also, I can add a review for the premium edition not in gamepass, so I'm not sure you even need gamepass. Seems more like just an Ms account.

Last edited:

demigod

Ok then that's just fucking low. VERY low.

I always supported the Microsoft brand since the OG Xbox (im a Burger King/ Pepsi/ Sega man, so I always went with the underdog).
But I never thought they would stoop THIS low.....

This will bite them in the ass in the end. Wow.
Lol, Microsoft is a trillion dollar company thats trying to monopolize the industry, they are not the underdogs.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I usually dont cater the lazy, so see this as a "special move".
More insults. Just when I thought you might be one of the good ones. I'll try to keep this on topic.

So these flaws seem representative of things that could be fixed in later patches. Another unfinished game. Damn shame.

I blame gamepass honestly. I think having games on gamepass means highly anticipated games can release finished just enough to keep people on the hook until they improve it. I imagine Xbox feels safe with this.

Last edited:

reksveks

Does it filter by country? I checked the filter and it says all reviews, thought it would say something like "canada " cause i found it suspiciously low.
It does filter by country (you can probably change it via windows settings or via a browser like I did) and seems like the xbox pc app filters to PC reviews. 109 via the site for both pc and console.

50% of the reviews being 1 star seems ridiculous.
The 1* for indies that come on GP is my biggest annoyance because 99% it's not a review of the game but the service.

Last edited:

Sushi_Combo

Deleting reviews isn’t cool by any means. But for example when ALL of the top 5 most played games on Xbox has ratings of around 2/5 stars. Clearly there is something wrong with the rating system.

50% of the reviews being 1 star seems ridiculous.
You should only be able to post a review if you purchased and actually played the game. Is that how it works with the current system?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
You can. You just need gamepass and can review it with as many profiles you want (only have one gamepass and could still play and review the games with my kids profiles).
I can rate it right now and have not installed it because I'm not at home and only have the s with me that has not enough space (without removing the games for my kids).

Btw, if you watch the numbers, it seems more like they have removed ratings from players who did not play the game, else the overall rating would not be less than before removing ratings (wouldn't make sense to reduce the overall score if they would actively trying to change the score)

Btw, there is even a review here that says "couldn't download the game" ...

And also, I can add a review for the premium edition not in gamepass, so I'm not sure you even need gamepass. Seems more like just an Ms account.
Yes, it's the same thing in the sense that if you have paid for Game Pass, then you have also, kind of, paid for this game. You have access to the game, and you're a paying customer who can leave the review.

My point was that you cannot review bomb without paying for the game/paying for Game Pass like you could in Metacritic.

A paying Game Pass subscriber has no reason to review bomb a Game Pass game.

phil-spencer-jim-ryan.gif

Rockman33

You should only be able to post a review if you purchased and actually played the game. Is that how it works with the current system?
I know if you have gamepass you can review it. Not even sure if you have to actually play it with or without gamepass. But it’s a really broken system.

I don’t play Fortnite or COD. But they are rated 3/5 and 2/5. Are the two most popular games really that bad? Doubt it.

Allandor

Yes, it's the same thing in the sense that if you have paid for Game Pass, then you have also, kind of, paid for this game. You have access to the game, and you're a paying customer who can leave the review.

My point was that you cannot review bomb without paying for the game/paying for Game Pass like you could in Metacritic.

A paying Game Pass subscriber has no reason to review bomb a Game Pass game.
You haven't read my last part you quoted, haven't you?
I can also rate games I never played or bought just in the shop. So you only need and Ms account to review anything. (I just tested it a few seconds ago)

Last edited:
Many folks here have floated the idea, and I'm bringing it up again, that GAF should publish its own game reviews as well. Like Xbox Era, which has separate forum and review sections.

That might be a good way to talk about games, increase traffic, and increase sign-ups.
Agreed.

Could be more official, or as simple as Steam reviews.

xrnzaaas

Unfortunately there are no reliable rating sites anymore. Even Steam is known for mass deleting reviews when asked by the publishers to fight 'review bombing'.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Many folks here have floated the idea, and I'm bringing it up again, that GAF should publish its own game reviews as well. Like Xbox Era, which has separate forum and review sections.

That might be a good way to talk about games, increase traffic, and increase sign-ups.
If this is floated, I want a number of hours the reviewer played for the review (so even if the reviewer doesn't finish the game we know the hours put in and number of achievements/trophies earned out of the total if available).

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Reviews on the Xbox Marketplaces seems to be really brutal and I don't think you can write it, if you don't have the game, so that's OOF^2

It's totally INSANE to me that this game is at a 51% in both Steam reviews and Xbox\PC App reviews. I'm sure MS had internal reviews of this game months ago. What happened?

Allandor

No, that's not true. You can't review a product if you have never bought it. Read the highlighted.

qfMznPi.png
And still I can at least the games I randomly selected. (Just tried it with Risen (2023 edition)), as well as the other versions of the game not available through gamepass

Might also be a regional thing, who knows.

Or do you only look in the PC app or also on the xbox

Last edited:

Nydius

I wrote a 2 star review two days ago, certainly not low effort as it took all 500 available characters, no swearing, no mention of, shall we say, “other” racing games…

It’s completely gone today, like it never existed. There’s definitely some fuckery going on.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
It's totally INSANE to me that this game is at a 51% in both Steam reviews and Xbox\PC App reviews. I'm sure MS had internal reviews of this game months ago. What happened?
Microsoft happened.
Indeed to both of you.

It is insane. This game is maybe not as good as people wanted but it should not be this low. A few months ago we were saying that Redfall got too much pressure on it because it became a first party game. Then Starfield got exactly the same problem. And now this. Not only are the games in need of patchs and fixes, those patchs make months to come, and all of this for what? Be considered not as good as another game. Starfield to BG3 then Cyberpunk. Forza to GT7. Redfall to any shooter in the last 10 years. The fact that each time Xbox do fix the games is what is the weirdest to me. Why can't they just let it cook until it is good? It should not be that hard. I understand that with Covid they got hurt a lot more than most publishers(big buy of a lot of studios fast+policy of having a lot of contractors+ big pressure from their concurrents= a lot of shit that can go wrong) but this excuse should end soon I hope.

Last edited:

graywolf323

same thing that’s happened to everything else in the past ~10 years Phil Spencer has been in charge? I mean just look at what’s happened to Halo which why by far their most important IP

it’s really a shame that this has been allowed to happen under his watch because clearly both him and Matt Booty are NOT good at managing studios

Elysium44

Banned
I wrote a 2 star review two days ago, certainly not low effort as it took all 500 available characters, no swearing, no mention of, shall we say, “other” racing games…

It’s completely gone today, like it never existed. There’s definitely some fuckery going on.

I've found metacritic and imdb do this sort of thing as well. There is a lot of perception management going on behind the scenes in our world unfortunately, with a lot of things.

GHG

You just needed to use less characters and make it 5 stars if you want your voice to be heard.

phil-spencer.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom