• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft/Turn 10 are apparently deleting negative Forza Motorsport reviews from the Xbox PC app

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
According to Reddit users in the r/forza subreddit, Microsoft/Turn 10 are deleting Forza Motorsport reviews. Other users in that thread seem to be confirming this.

fbCryWl.jpg

It'd be a good idea to keep an eye on this.

As of now, October 11, 3 AM PST, the reviews on Xbox store for the Premium and Standard editions are as follows, respectively:

xnmam76.jpg
Ar3cxre.jpg

If others can track the number of reviews on the PC app, that'd be great. I can put that score in the OP and then we can match every now and then and confirm if the number of review scores go down again.

UPDATE -- Yes, Microsoft is deleting reviews. The Standard Edition on the Xbox Store had 847 total reviews (as can be seen above). Now it has only 602 total reviews.

8Mwsz6q.jpg

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Par for the course, no negativity or feedback allowed at xbox.
Yup, you can clearly see it around the internet aswell, specially in REEE. We even have GAF ”users” who really want to shutdown any negative feedback no matter how mellow they are. Disgusting behaviour. That’s why they will always wave that victim card like lill bitches 🤣

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
but phil spencer said about ratings..........................

“My least favorite part of what I said is that quality games are crucial to Xbox strategy. So it’s not about the fact that Starfield scores 11 out of 10, is not our goal – although I acknowledge that this may sound ridiculous. I don’t know if I’ll take the reviews into account to evaluate its quality, but making the best Starfield possible is absolutely our goal. I want to make the best games possible,” said Phil Spencer.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I never trust review platforms from the source. Maybe amazon but thats it. Always use a 3rd party and honestly GAF is the best review source for videogames on the internet.
Many folks here have floated the idea, and I'm bringing it up again, that GAF should publish its own game reviews as well. Like Xbox Era, which has separate forum and review sections.

That might be a good way to talk about games, increase traffic, and increase sign-ups.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I never trust review platforms from the source. Maybe amazon but thats it. Always use a 3rd party and honestly GAF is the best review source for videogames on the internet.
I said the same about Steam and some people talked me out of it. But who knows?
As for this thread, if true, and if it is the first case this gen for Xbox to do so...
They must have received huge pressure to feel the need to do it. We are not talking about fakes rewiews. But deleting real ones!
After TLOU and Horizon metacritic problems happened, Sony took action and since then metacritic changed when you can put a rewiew. If Xbox did the same here for their site and come clean about it I could maybe understand. But if not this is really low of them to do this...
Edit: for Steam it was about the best sellers list, not the reviews. Just in case.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I am not following the game cause it doesn't interest me but how is it an 85 meta with 50% 1 star ratings on the app? Can anyone rate it even if they don't sub to Game Pass?

Flutta

Banned
but phil spencer said about ratings..........................

“My least favorite part of what I said is that quality games are crucial to Xbox strategy. So it’s not about the fact that Starfield scores 11 out of 10, is not our goal – although I acknowledge that this may sound ridiculous. I don’t know if I’ll take the reviews into account to evaluate its quality, but making the best Starfield possible is absolutely our goal. I want to make the best games possible,” said Phil Spencer.
Lmao this liar man. If that was the case he would’ve let Starfield cook for another year or two. Dude forced Todd to ship an unfinished product because they didn’t have any big games released for 2 years.

Last edited:

Markio128

Yeah, Amazon is good because you can at least see if the reviewer has purchased the product. I’m not sure if that’s the same with Xbox app, but it would make sense to only allow reviews from those who can be verified as owners of the game.

GHG

I am not following the game cause it doesn't interest me but how is it an 85 meta with 50% 1 star ratings on the app? Can anyone rate it even if they don't sub to Game Pass?

Yet again they were very selective about who they gave review copies to.

Due to the bugs, performance issues and general structure of the career mode the official Forza forum, the steam forum and the subreddit are bedlam right now.

The only saving graces for the game seem to be the newly introduced online system and the improvements they've made to the car physics.

I don't know what they were thinking in releasing the game in this state along with having a career structure/grind that wouldn't look out of place in a F2P mobile game.

It's easy to say they needed more time, but they already had 6 years so there's nothing to say that more time would have solved anything.

Last edited:

DJ12

6/10 is pretty much what this game deserves. The good news is that driving on a controller feels like 10/10.
If you give 10/10 for it being unrealistic then year.

You have to try very hard to slide a car.

Maybe the casual mode is beneath me and the simulation mode is what I'm after. I'll try it later.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I thought the problems were mostly on PC. What's wrong with the Xbox version? I've heard the career mode progression is like a mobile game but that can easily be fixed.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
If you give 10/10 for it being unrealistic then year.

You have to try very hard to slide a car.

Maybe the casual mode is beneath me and the simulation mode is what I'm after. I'll try it later.

Disable all assists, set steering to simulation, reduce deadzone and you’ll be sliding all you want. There’s no such thing as realistic driving on a controller. It just feels amazing, that’s it.

zephiross

Disable all assists, set steering to simulation, reduce deadzone and you’ll be sliding all you want. There’s no such thing as realistic driving on a controller. It just feels amazing, that’s it.
Meh it's good for sure but it's understeer galore, even with a porsche (RWD, Mid engine so quite oversteer prone realistically), haven't tried with my DD pro yet but it's forza, you're not meant to play it with a wheel lol

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
No surprise that any hardware maker would do this.

Even Epic cherry picks select user reviews
To post on their site.

Steam and GoG are the only trustworthy sources besides some Youtubers.

Thirty7ven

Banned

Regarding the Meta, I listened to Defining Duke’s opinion on the game and the meta the other day and they basically admitted that despite playing little of the game they had no qualms saying it was a great game. They shrugged criticism off and excused themselves as being “normies” and maybe not seeing the things the more hardcore racing fans look for.

What I’me trying to say is that when it comes to racing games, sports games, a lot of the people reviewing them won’t even care that much about the genre and will hand out scores based on perceived quality. They actually don’t know if it’s a good game, but it seems like it’s doing what people expect out of a racing game, so here’s a 9/10.

Top Bottom