• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Career and progression in Forza Motorsport is confirmed to be online-only

kikii

I’m not trying to be mean but how is this even a thing? I can understand a cap on your phone data. In what 3rd world country this kind of practice is still in place?
ive seen million posts on this forum ppl complaining their data usage even in NA, i live in Fin so i dont have that problem =) but i feel sorry for those who has to struggle with it, such as downloading cod cold war or so ^^

Three

The world largely consists of 3rd world countries. And most 3rd world countries have data caps.
Some countries aren't considered third world but still have data caps e.g. somewhere I've gone before: Turkey.

I don't think this is going to be eating up data though. It just sucks if you've run out of data from before, or if servers go down for whatever reason and you can't play the single player because of it. The reason Forza done it is probably due to a microtransactions store and a shared garage and to also prevent save game editing/cheating.

Last edited:

Three

I’ve seen some docs from 3rd world countries and people there still play PlayStation 2. So yeah.
When you say docs do you mean documentary or data? Even in third world countries you get those who play these new consoles. The range just tends to shift and broaden at the poorer side. so the wealthy people of those countries are more like the middle class of better off nations and the poor are much poorer.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
When you say docs do you mean documentary or data? Even in third world countries you get those who play these new consoles. The range just tends to shift and broaden at the poorer side. so the wealthy people of those countries are more like the middle class of better off nations and the poor are much poorer.

Yes, documentaries, sorry. To me a third world country is something like Haiti where people literally eat dirt cakes to survive.

Three

Yes, documentaries, sorry. To me a third world country is something like Haiti where people literally eat dirt cakes to survive.
Documentaries tend to not show the boring stuff and concentrate on awareness so they often wouldn't show the limited amount of wealthy people living like you or I in third world countries.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Documentaries tend to not show the boring stuff and concentrate on awareness so they often wouldn't show the limited amount of wealthy people living like you or I in third world countries.

They also showed gated mansions of the wealthy in Port au Prince. I’m sure people who live in those are fine with or without data cap. 💯

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I’d love to know what makes a 3rd world country in your opinion.
In my opinion, it's mostly about infrastructure, resources, and opportunities.

I live in a third-world country and belong to a middle-class family. I've never eaten a dirt cake, and I game on my PS5. Most of the people I know also game on a PS5 or PS4 (pro). I don't know anyone who still games on a PS2 or PS3. Many people also have high-end gaming PCs.

So in terms of individual success, people have done quite well considering the resources and opportunities they have.

On the other hand, the infrastructure still sucks. I likely have the highest/best internet package in my area (I know because the company has me on the 'the most important' customers list and calls me every now and then to see if everything is working fine), and yet my download speeds are 3.6 MB/s peak. I also have to deal with data caps.

So things are bad that are mostly out of my control and at a macro/government level that individuals have to deal with.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
In my opinion, it's mostly about infrastructure, resources, and opportunities.

I live in a third-world country and belong to a middle-class family. I've never eaten a dirt cake, and I game on my PS5. Most of the people I know also game on a PS5 or PS4 (pro). I don't know anyone who still games on a PS2 or PS3. Many people also have high-end gaming PCs.

So in terms of individual success, people have done quite well considering the resources and opportunities they have.

On the other hand, the infrastructure still sucks. I likely have the highest/best internet package in my area (I know because the company has me on the 'the most important' customers list and calls me every now and then to see if everything is working fine), and yet my download speeds are 3.6 MB/s peak. I also have to deal with data caps.

So things are bad that are mostly out of my control and at a macro/government level that individuals have to deal with.

Do you live in Haiti? Because if your country is a a 3rd world one, than a place like Haiti could be considered an 8th world country.

salva

My logitech wheel, stick and pedals and internet (lol) is ready.
Sick of seeing these arguments... It'll still be a complaint on this forum in the year 3023.

Do I agree with it? No. Should SP be 100% offline? Yes. Do these companies care about what we think and gonna change? No.
Move on...

UnNamed

Banned
I imagine that when you live in a 3rd world country not being able to play always online game on the newest gaming console is the least of your problems.
Also note that immigrants who escape from wars and poverty, the first thing they ask is a mobile connection before asking for food, since communication and services are considered more important.
So even poor people have internet now.

Kusarigama

I don't understand this obsession with requiring internet connectivity for single player portions of games and blocking progress. Even Mortal Kombat 11 has this. And by the extension even newer Mortal Kombat 1 will have it. For Diablo 4, it was understanble as they have a live service game. But even then, the single player campaign should have had offline play.

On one hand we are having devs giving more options to tweak how to play games and on the other we have this nonsense.

Three

I don't understand this obsession with requiring internet connectivity for single player portions of games and blocking progress. Even Mortal Kombat 11 has this. And by the extension even newer Mortal Kombat 1 will have it. For Diablo 4, it was understanble as they have a live service game. But even then, the single player campaign should have had offline play.

On one hand we are having devs giving more options to tweak how to play games and on the other we have this nonsense.
It's mostly driven by mtx and cloud. So they store what you've bought in the cloud along with your progress.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Comcast is one of the largest ISPs in the US and they still have data caps.
It's another example of corruption and failed/neutered regulation to allow them to be as big as they are strong-arming telecom/internet markets.

Thankfully I have not had them in well over 10 years, but I weep for some of my South FL peeps.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Fuck no. Maybe in like 50 years when the internet is stable as electricity, but in the short run is a big fucking no

mrcroket

I won't buy the game then, and play it through gamepass. I mean what is the point of buying a game that you "rent" anyway? (when the server closes, the game die) It's a stupid way of loses sales. E.g. I have gamepass but I bought starfield because I want to HAVE the game.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Fuck no. Maybe in like 50 years when the internet is stable as electricity, but in the short run is a big fucking no
Third-world countries:

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Top Bottom