• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft no longer offers a $1 Game Pass trial

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Is there a way to automate Microsoft rewards? I'm reading some eye opening stuff in here. Lol. I need to use it more.

splattered

Is there a way to automate Microsoft rewards? I'm reading some eye opening stuff in here. Lol. I need to use it more.

I guess i'd like to know this as well... i used it for forever doing the daily searches and stuff but bing homepage changed the layout so all the news articles are no longer laid out horizontally along the bottom of the screen making it easy to click through them... so i've sorta fallen off the bing rewards routine. I still go back and do the quizzes and surveys but nothing like i used to.

Topher

Gold Member

I guess i'd like to know this as well... i used it for forever doing the daily searches and stuff but bing homepage changed the layout so all the news articles are no longer laid out horizontally along the bottom of the screen making it easy to click through them... so i've sorta fallen off the bing rewards routine. I still go back and do the quizzes and surveys but nothing like i used to.

Not sure if you two saw this earlier. This is an easy way to knock all the bing searches:

Someone else here (can't remember) gave me this tip.

Save a bunch bing links in Edge collection. Once a day, click on that collection.

jUFFg10.png

Click the three dots and then "Open all in new window". No more spamming the alphabet. Saves a lot of time and easy points.

splattered

Someone else here (can't remember) gave me this tip.

Save a bunch bing links in Edge collection. Once a day, click on that collection.

jUFFg10.png

Click the three dots and then "Open all in new window". No more spamming the alphabet. Saves a lot of time and easy points.

What browser are you using for this? It says Edge? I don't even see a collections section anywhere haha i'll have to search it i guess... thank you for posting though.

When i open a new tab that is set to www.bing.com as my homepage it opens up a new tab with the articles very large in the middle of the screen i have to scroll down to see them all. If i manually type in www.bing.com it takes me to the classic layout i am used to that has the news stories laid out horizontally at the bottom. Not sure what is going on or how to change this in settings?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just to clarify, is the MS adjustment to GP promos this? The dirt cheap promos are totally dead???

- No more $1 sign up promo deal
- No more subbing to Gold and then topping up to GPU for $1 (first time doing GP)
- No more subbing to Gold and then topping up to GPU for 1 month fee (renewing GP)

XOMTOR

Can you please tell me what/where fitness videos, and edge gaming feed bonus points are from? also the Xbox mobile app streak ? is it the game pass app or the regular Xbox one ?
The fitness videos can be found here

The gaming feed bonus appears every day when you open a new browser tab and check the gaming "feed". You'll see this:

0JOpxvp.png

All you need to do is click on it.

The mobile app streak is a daily bonus just for launching the Xbox app (not gamepass) on your phone.

Goddamit i need a way to automate this lol

You can automate some of it, (the PC searches and the MSN Shopping game for example), but most of it just requires clicking on stuff. The activities on Xbox do require some interaction but the points awarded are higher as well.

Last edited:

Osthyvel

Ok, so its about time, i bought my series x for 2 years ago, with 2 years of GP, in a month my sub will end. So how do i do this; first let it end. Then buy 3 years of gold (were do i buy it cheapest?) then redeem those, then buy 1 month gpu and then i will get a question if i want to convert the gold to gpu?

Is that correct?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ok, so its about time, i bought my series x for 2 years ago, with 2 years of GP, in a month my sub will end. So how do i do this; first let it end. Then buy 3 years of gold (were do i buy it cheapest?) then redeem those, then buy 1 month gpu and then i will get a question if i want to convert the gold to gpu?

Is that correct?

Yes.

Cheapest you can buy is on CDKeys via Turkey region, a little free VPN-ing will save you a lot of money.

I wrote this a year ago but this should still be valid (minus the 1 : 1 conversion part, now you'll get a 3 : 2 conversion ratio)

1. Purchase [cdkeys.com] 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (Turkey - Email Delivery).
2. Create [windscribe.com] Free Account on Windscribe VPN and Download App or Chrome Extension [windscribe.com].
3. Connect to Turkey on Windscribe VPN or using your own VPN service/app.
4. Redeem [microsoft.com] your Xbox Live Gold code(s) without agreeing to recurring billing.
You can stack up to three years of Xbox Live Gold.
5. Disconnect VPN.
6. Join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate [xbox.com] by purchasing your first month for $1 ($14.99 if you joined Game Pass before for $1).

Don't enable auto renewal when asked.

Last edited:

Osthyvel

Yes.

Cheapest you can buy is on CDKeys via Turkey region, a little free VPN-ing will save you a lot of money.

I wrote this a year ago but this should still be valid (minus the 1 : 1 conversion part, now you'll get a 3 : 2 conversion ratio)

1. Purchase [cdkeys.com] 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (Turkey - Email Delivery).
2. Create [windscribe.com] Free Account on Windscribe VPN and Download App or Chrome Extension [windscribe.com].
3. Connect to Turkey on Windscribe VPN or using your own VPN service/app.
4. Redeem [microsoft.com] your Xbox Live Gold code(s) without agreeing to recurring billing.
You can stack up to three years of Xbox Live Gold.
5. Disconnect VPN.
6. Join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate [xbox.com] by purchasing your first month for $1 ($14.99 if you joined Game Pass before for $1).

Don't enable auto renewal when asked.

Thanks, so i could buy those 3 years now, or should i wait, sub runs out first week in october, i was thinking if i should by 3x12 years turkey gold right away, or is the price almost the same there?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Thanks, so i could buy those 3 months now, or should i wait, sub runs out first week in october, i was thinking if i should by 3x12 years turkey gold right away, is is the price almost the same there?
The thing is, they're going to stop Gold and convert it into Game Pass Core on the 14th of September, I am not sure how that is going to effect these millions of keys that are already in the wild.

I don't think they're just going to make all those keys null and void but wait a few days, we might hear more about what happens to Gold when GP Core goes live.

Osthyvel

The thing is, they're going to stop Gold and convert it into Game Pass Core on the 14th of September, I am not sure how that is going to effect these millions of keys that are already in the wild.

I don't think they're just going to make all those keys null and void but wait a few days, we might hear more about what happens to Gold when GP Core goes live.

Ok, damn, so it might be that i wont will be able to get a good price on Gamepass then?

Osthyvel

My feeling is that they'll make it so that if you use Gold cards, you get the Game Pass Core equivalent time.

Ok, i wait and see then, wont pay full price for gp. It will be fun to see how this thing affect ms, i dont think it will help them in the long run...

Osthyvel

Well, we have to wait and see, when some of you know how to get gpu a little cheaper, please let us know 😊

Last edited:
Top Bottom