• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft no longer offers a $1 Game Pass trial

.Pennywise

Banned
Update 2: Xbox Live GOLD to Game Pass Ultimate conversion STILL WORKS.

Update: done for good

“We have stopped our previous introductory offer for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC Game Pass and are evaluating different marketing promotions for new members in the future,” says Kari Perez, head of global communications at Xbox, in a statement to The Verge.

Original post:

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
They have funds to recover plus don't want people playing Diablo IV for a $1

Super Freak Flirting GIF by Rick James

Lillie

Can't you still just do the Gold to GPU + one time one month GPU fee which is still way cheaper. The $1 was only if you've never had game pass before on that account

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
What are you talking about? The vast majority of Game Pass subs are from $1 trials, who keep on getting the $1 trial every month for some reason. In fact, it's quite possible nobody in the entire world has ever paid more than $1 for a Game Pass sub
You kid, but almost everyone I know used the $1 gold conversion trick.

My brother in law even managed to use regional pricing + VPN to get 3 yrs for dirt cheap.

Lol.

SonyGAFers literally made fun of Microsoft that they are so desperate to increase Game Pass subs numbers that they are offering subscription for 1$

and when Microsoft closes 1$ promo it is somehow also a bad thing?

I don't know if you noticed, but this is not price increase :p

Yeah they literally had this promo for what, like 3-4 years now? Eventually it was going to end. And yeah you need to learn, whenever Xbox makes a decision, it's always the wrong one, and Sony's always the right one, even if they're the same decision

Mr Hyde

Used this for PC Gamepass a couple of times. Played HiFi Rush and Pentiment like this, but it's not the end of the world. If 10 bucks a month is still on the table it's pretty okay, since I mostly use the service as a "demo" to see if I want to buy the game later down the road. If it gets more expensive then I don't think it's gonna be worth it. Obviously Gamepass is gonna see a lot of changes after the Acti Blizz deal is done.

feynoob

Banned
What are you talking about? The vast majority of Game Pass subs are from $1 trials, who keep on getting the $1 trial every month for some reason. In fact, it's quite possible nobody in the entire world has ever paid more than $1 for a Game Pass sub
I guess I am wasting my money.
Why the hell I am not learning these tricks.

You kid, but almost everyone I know used the $1 gold conversion trick.

My brother in law even managed to use regional pricing + VPN to get 3 yrs for dirt cheap.
well yeah a lot of people used it at the beginning, but a lot of those people converted to full subs after the trial was over and have been paying full price since. I would certainly be paying full price if I didn't use the 3 year trick plus Microsoft Rewards/Ambassador being so easy to do. However the vast majority of people subscribing to any service are paying full price, only the type of people on this forum are the ones constantly looking for all the loopholes and hacks to pay less, most people don't view it as worth the effort, especially for only $10-15 per month

paulyboy81

Neo Member
I converted a Gold sub to Game Pass Ultimate yesterday, for those asking if that is still possible.

Stopping the 1$ trial is not the same as pulling the conversion method, you just have to pay a month to a convert it now, or grab a 7 day code off somewhere like Gamivo, Eneba, etc, etc.

When they stop the conversation trick, THAT will be the real kick in the balls.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Ah crap. Oh well I'm subbed to 2025.

Did the $1 deal for 3 years, then followed it up doing the 1 month deal for 3 years.

6 years of GP for about $20.
How? That went? In my case, it was significantly more expensive. Still cheaper than normal, but not nearly as cheap.

Top Bottom