• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Many future ZeniMax titles will be shipped on PlayStation and Nintendo Consoles

graywolf323

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Mr Hyde

I wonder how much damage Redfall did to the Xbox brand and Bethesda/Zenimax in general? The fallout was almost as severe as Cyberpunk 2077. At least it seemed that way on the internet.

00_Zer0

Well, we know Indiana Jones would be by default due to Disney.
A little OT, but where is this game? Machine games still doing it? I will get it on PC if it's a good game... just going to skip the upcoming trash movie and enjoy the first 3 movies, and hopefully this game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A little OT, but where is this game? Machine games still doing it? I will get it on PC if it's a good game... just going to skip the upcoming trash movie and enjoy the first 3 movies, and hopefully this game.
I'm just shocked they did not show anything with the movie being out. Something Sony seems to do flawlessly with timing in the entertainment sectors. Down to the Kraven movie coming out the same month that Spider-Man 2 is, just after the Spiderverse massive success.

Last edited:
Why wouldn’t they release other games elsewhere? Microsoft are after the money and they know they’ll make a shit ton of sales from Sony and Nintendo platforms.

The only two hard guarantees I can think of when it comes to this is Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Online.

Otherwise they would have to spend money on the resources to develop a migration system for both, so it’s easier for them not to do so.

Hopefully from this news we can get Skyrim VR in PSVR2.

I've long held the belief that Starfield will eventually come to other platforms once all the DLC is out and the hype subsided. The all but obvious "Game of The Year Edition" will come out and be treated like shovelware (think Skyrim) for other platforms so Microsoft can pick up remaining bags of cash. I can't wait until 2030 when I can finally play this on my Samsung refrigerator.

The real question is how will Fallout 5/Elder Scrolls be treated since they're existing franchises on other platforms that gamers have loved for years. This hasn't been seen yet since we got Redfall and Starfield first (New IP) but to me this is the real test for Microsoft.

Yeah, like Fallout 4 on PS5 or Quake II Remastered on Switch.

AKA re-releases of older legacy games. This says nothing about new installments of big franchises, and we already know games like TES VI are not coming to PlayStation as per Phil's own statements, even if that violates the conditions they gave to regulators in determining which games would be made console-exclusive to Xbox.

I've long held the belief that Starfield will eventually come to other platforms once all the DLC is out and the hype subsided. The all but obvious "Game of The Year Edition" will come out and be treated like shovelware (think Skyrim) for other platforms so Microsoft can pick up remaining bags of cash. I can't wait until 2030 when I can finally play this on my Samsung refrigerator.

The real question is how will Fallout 5/Elder Scrolls be treated since they're existing franchises on other platforms that gamers have loved for years. This hasn't been seen yet since we got Redfall and Starfield first (New IP) but to me this is the real test for Microsoft.

You might be right about Starfield, but that still doesn't mean it wasn't made at least a timed console exclusive. An exclusive is still an exclusive, technically speaking.

As for TES VI, we already got our answer: Xbox console exclusive. I'm expecting similar for Fallout 5, maybe even the next DOOM game as well. I'm not saying any of this is wrong; these are Microsoft's IP now and they can do what they want with them. And I don't even hold them cancelling the PS5 version of RedFall against them since that's a game that would've fit the criteria of being made exclusive.

But the hilarity comes in when that same logic's applied to a Starfield, or TES VI, as those technically meet the criteria MS gave to regulators like the EC in cases a Zenimax game would stay multiplatform. Though, since regulators like the EC don't even have an issue with large foreclosure of Zenimax IP on consoles (assuming they don't, since they feel similar about ABK), I guess in the end they give MS a "get out of jail free" card anyhow.

Last edited:

Vognerful

Microsoft to Regulators:

iXGCqDY.jpg

Microsoft to Public:

cqTcpoH.jpg
I mean, both statements could be true if you shift the limit of your time frame. Wasn't ps5 selling good but had stock problems at that time? I remember there was a post about this exact article and he was ridiculed back then.

Top Bottom