• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Call of Duty and other popular AB games will continue to be released on PlayStation and Nintendo platforms beyond current agreements

They are not. Or every company in the world would be sued, because of blog statements.

Lmao yes they are. Companies aren't sued because of blog statements because they have lawyers who help them navigate the legal landscape. Like they're doing here

Come the fuck on. This is textbook stuff now

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Starfield is a game, that can be sold separately without gamepass. Office tools needs subscription, or 1 time fee a year. Different business.
You’re really struggling with this. MS games would be ONLY accessible through GP on PS. You wouldn’t be able to access it without the subscription. This isn’t rocket science.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
And Sony is paying money for timed exclusives, which are coming to other console. In the process, these games are blocked from other consoles for 1 year.

Ff7r was from square, not Sony. Paid money to not be on Xbox and pc. Deathloop was from zenimax. Sony paid money for that game, to not be on Xbox. Ghost wire tokyo was made by zenimax. Sony blocked the xbox access for 1 year.

When a platform limits access to games like these, you will have to buy the entire publisher, to make sure those games are coming to your console. Or else, your console won't be attractive.

Sony is doing all these moves to make Playstation consoles attractive. MS needs to do the same move, or bigger to make xbox attractive.

Games take time. Phil took over xbox, when it was a sinking ship. He started negotiating with zenimax in 2018. After that, he bought Obsidian, and ninja theory.

Hell blade 1 was released in 2017. The outer worlds was released in 2019. They couldn't have made games very fast.

This entire studios buy out should have happened during x360. But Don Mattrick fucked it up.
lol come on man. !But But he started it! is an excuse my kids use when they get in trouble. Doesnt matter if Sony was paying for timed exclusives. So was MS. What the hell do you think Titanfall was before Phil went out an bought out the entire lifetime exclusivity? We had Vince Zempalla himself saying the PS4 version would be out soon and Boom, Phil went and locked it up out of spite. Then he got Tomb Raider. Who do you think started the whole trend of timed exclusivity for map packs?

That is just business. Timed exclusives have been around forever. You have to ask yourself why Phil had $3.5 billion to spend on fucking Minecraft instead of making sure Sony doesnt outbid them for FF7. That is around the time the game was announced. You have to ask just why did Phil let Ghostwire and Deathloop become PS exclusives? Did MS not have a few million to keep it multiplatform? Deathloop probably cost Sony $50 million max. It's no FF7 $100 million exclusive.

So why is it that Phil who is making $150 million a month from Gamepass alone back in 2020 couldnt match Sony's offer? MS literally makes $40 billion in profits every year. They should never be getting outbid for these shitty exclusives.

I was an xbox one owner on Day one. Bought an x1x just a few months after launch. And MS after the first year pretty much phoned in the entire generation. Great start with Ryse, Titanfall, Forza and Sunset. Abysmal after that. 1-2 games a year and then skipping entire years is not it. He had 7 years to prepare for next gen and launched with no exclusives. Took forza and Halo 1 year to come out and they were cross gen. And now he's had to spend $78 billion to get more content. Content that was already coming to xbox.

Don Matrick launched with a gorgeous looking Forza, Dead Rising 3 with massive crowds, incredible looking Ryse, a genre defining game in Titanfall and a memorable Sunset Overdrive. He also had Coalition games making a new IP, Lionhead making Fable, and signed Platinum to make a new IP. The man might have been responsible for tv and kinect, but he brought the next gen games too. Something Phil didnt after 7 years as head of Xbox. By the time, Starfield comes out, we wouldve gone two years without a next gen only exclusive on xbox.

It's great that Satya is bailing him out with $80 billion, but you shouldnt need $80 billion to make some next gen games.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
You’re really struggling with this. MS games would be ONLY accessible through GP on PS. You wouldn’t be able to access it without the subscription. This isn’t rocket science.
How is hard is it for you to understand this. MS games are sold separately. They don't belong to gamepass.

Gamepass uses them as a package, but those are sold separately. Steam doesn't use gamepass for xbox games. Same for windows store and Xbox store.

Swift_Star

Banned
How is hard is it for you to understand this. MS games are sold separately. They don't belong to gamepass.

Gamepass uses them as a package, but those are sold separately. Steam doesn't use gamepass for xbox games. Same for windows store and Xbox store.

🤣 I honestly give up. You can’t really understand the concept of a game being available only through subscription (only on PS, that would be agreement, duh). You’re struggling with simple concepts. It’s pointless to keep taking further.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Its either full package or no package at all. MS isnt stupid to put their 1st party games, without a return.

What you are demanding is crazy stuff. Only an idiot business owner will agree to your demand.

Well, I will agree with you, but then again, I'd think twice not calling Microsoft stupid when they release Minecraft, Minecraft dungeons, and maybe es and fallout on other platforms.

That is idiot business ownership right there.
64zo5t.jpg

kingfey

Banned
lol come on man. !But But he started it! is an excuse my kids use when they get in trouble. Doesnt matter if Sony was paying for timed exclusives. So was MS. What the hell do you think Titanfall was before Phil went out an bought out the entire lifetime exclusivity? We had Vince Zempalla himself saying the PS4 version would be out soon and Boom, Phil went and locked it up out of spite. Then he got Tomb Raider. Who do you think started the whole trend of timed exclusivity for map packs?
You asked for games, and I told you why they bought a publisher. You clearly demonstrating that here. Timed exclusive is the big reason, why they bought a publisher, instead of small developer.

That is just business. Timed exclusives have been around forever. You have to ask yourself why Phil had $3.5 billion to spend on fucking Minecraft instead of making sure Sony doesnt outbid them for FF7. That is around the time the game was announced. You have to ask just why did Phil let Ghostwire and Deathloop become PS exclusives? Did MS not have a few million to keep it multiplatform? Deathloop probably cost Sony $50 million max. It's no FF7 $100 million exclusive.
Timed exclusive acts as enticing offer for your console. Why do you Sony is doing all these timed exclusives? Because their 1st party games can't cover the entire year. They only had 2 games last year. Without timed exclusive, Sony can't make their console enticing to gamers. Because their 1st party can't pump out games nonstop.

So why is it that Phil who is making $150 million a month from Gamepass alone back in 2020 couldnt match Sony's offer? MS literally makes $40 billion in profits every year. They should never be getting outbid for these shitty exclusives.
You are talking to xbox one. Same thing as how devs didn't like the ps3. Money doesn't give you timed exclusives, especially square games. Last time MS did that, they got inferior game from them.

You need leverage. Sony has ps4, while MS doesn't have those numbers.

Unless you want MS to spend $500m on timed exclusive like ff7r.

I was an xbox one owner on Day one. Bought an x1x just a few months after launch. And MS after the first year pretty much phoned in the entire generation. Great start with Ryse, Titanfall, Forza and Sunset. Abysmal after that. 1-2 games a year and then skipping entire years is not it. He had 7 years to prepare for next gen and launched with no exclusives. Took forza and Halo 1 year to come out and they were cross gen. And now he's had to spend $78 billion to get more content. Content that was already coming to xbox
You dont games without devs. Devs makes you games. Small devs don't give you alot of games.

If MS focuses on other games, their studio's would be like bethesda. Look at bethesda. Skyrim 2011. F04 2014. Starfield 2022. ES6 2025. FO5 ????.

Also MS needed full rebuild. Acquisition talk takes 1-2 year. Bethesda Acquisition talk was from 2018. And they got bought in 2020.

They had to have road map, and fix the xbox one console. They made xbox one S, then xbox one x.

Even if Phil bought studios in 2014, it will take them until 2018-2019 to see a game. Since games take time to make. Add that, with acquisition talk, and your games is slated in 2020-2021.

Things don't grow from a tree.

Don Matrick launched with a gorgeous looking Forza, Dead Rising 3 with massive crowds, incredible looking Ryse, a genre defining game in Titanfall and a memorable Sunset Overdrive. He also had Coalition games making a new IP, Lionhead making Fable, and signed Platinum to make a new IP. The man might have been responsible for tv and kinect, but he brought the next gen games too. Something Phil didnt after 7 years as head of Xbox. By the time, Starfield comes out, we wouldve gone two years without a next gen only exclusive on xbox.
He neglected 1st party studios, and drove the xbox to the ground during xbox one. He never even invested on 1st party studios.
What stupid CEO does have 5 studios making games for his console? Even Nintendo had more studios, than his stupid ass shit.

Phil took xbox from 5 devs, to 31 devs now. That is what CEO does. He lays the foundation for the future. Not just the current one.

Xbox can now pump out 5 games a year, without timed exclusives easily after this.

It's great that Satya is bailing him out with $80 billion, but you shouldnt need $80 billion to make some next gen games.
You need money to invest in. How do you think Playstation does business? Do you think they get these equipments from fairytale land?

Every department of Sony helps the Playstation gaming division. They even got spiderman and wolverine, because of Sony. SIE wouldn't have that much success during ps4 era, without Sony other division's.

Xbox is doing the same. Unlike Sony, MS doesn't have the resources Sony does. So they need to spend money.

kingfey

Banned
🤣 I honestly give up. You can’t really understand the concept of a game being available only through subscription (only on PS, that would be agreement, duh). You’re struggling with simple concepts. It’s pointless to keep taking further.
This is why it's hard to argue with kids.

Here is in ABC format.

Starfield is a game, you can buy it and own it. Gamepass, is just a market, from xbox, which borrows starfield.

Office is store, that has office products. You need to buy the full package. But that package has 1 year license. After that, you need to rebuy it again.

Now, do you understand it?

You gave the answer already.

MS would not get in trouble here, because that is a blog.

No, MS aren't going to get into trouble because they have good lawyers. If they were as shit as you think they are though they absolutely would. Public statements once again can be used against companies. This is common sense

I'll ask you again. What are you expecting me to use and why?

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Well, I will agree with you, but then again, I'd think twice not calling Microsoft stupid when they release Minecraft, Minecraft dungeons, and maybe es and fallout on other platforms.

That is idiot business ownership right there.
64zo5t.jpg
Gaas makes sense. More money from mtx. SP doesn't make sense. Since they don't have mtx.

Minecraft on other hand, is pokemon. More money from merchandising.

kingfey

Banned
No, MS aren't going to get into trouble because they have good lawyers. If they were as shit as you think they are though they absolutely would. Public statements once again can be used against companies. This is common sense

I'll ask you again. What are you expecting me to use and why?
If they change their mind, they can't be sued, because it's a blog.

I would advise you to wait for the actual hearings. You will good sense, of what they will do.

kingfey

Banned
Holy shit this is a stupid statement

Why do you think even Twitter posts go through lawyers?
Meh. I tried telling this in easy ways. And you even provided some good points, which I linked it to you.

Twitter posts are just cancel culture tools. If you want to use that argument, go for it.

I would have to stop this debate now.

Meh. I tried telling this in easy ways. And you even provided some good points, which I linked it to you.

Twitter posts are just cancel culture tools. If you want to use that argument, go for it.

I would have to stop this debate now.

I'll say this with as much respect as possible, but your lack of understanding on how life works is a bit comical. Weren't you taught that your social media life follows you? What you say on Facebook can hinder your ability to get a job etc.

The same thing applies to business's. Lina Khan is looking at this blog post and it will factor into her decision

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I'll say this with as much respect as possible, but your lack of understanding on how life works is a bit comical. Weren't you taught that your social media life follows you? What you say on Facebook can hinder your ability to get a job etc.

The same thing applies to business's. Lina Khan is looking at this blog post and it will factor into her decision
It will. Considering the nice shit she has to go through first, before the line COD on Playstation.

There is reason made that point less noticeable, compared to other highlighted points.

If they were serious, you would have highlighted points about that.

Like I said to you, we will see the outcome during the hearing. That is what MS would do.

It will. Considering the nice shit she has to go through first, before the line COD on Playstation.

There is reason made that point less noticeable, compared to other highlighted points.

If they were serious, you would have highlighted points about that.

Like I said to you, we will see the outcome during the hearing. That is what MS would do.

Whether some points are highlighted more than others doesn't change the fact the points are there for regulators to see and as such is information MS wants to use to influence their decision.

Here. Just watch the video by a lawyer who understands this stuff. It'll help you get a better understanding

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You asked for games, and I told you why they bought a publisher. You clearly demonstrating that here. Timed exclusive is the big reason, why they bought a publisher, instead of small developer.

Timed exclusive acts as enticing offer for your console. Why do you Sony is doing all these timed exclusives? Because their 1st party games can't cover the entire year. They only had 2 games last year. Without timed exclusive, Sony can't make their console enticing to gamers. Because their 1st party can't pump out games nonstop.

You are talking to xbox one. Same thing as how devs didn't like the ps3. Money doesn't give you timed exclusives, especially square games. Last time MS did that, they got inferior game from them.

You need leverage. Sony has ps4, while MS doesn't have those numbers.

Unless you want MS to spend $500m on timed exclusive like ff7r.

You dont games without devs. Devs makes you games. Small devs don't give you alot of games.

If MS focuses on other games, their studio's would be like bethesda. Look at bethesda. Skyrim 2011. F04 2014. Starfield 2022. ES6 2025. FO5 ????.

Also MS needed full rebuild. Acquisition talk takes 1-2 year. Bethesda Acquisition talk was from 2018. And they got bought in 2020.

They had to have road map, and fix the xbox one console. They made xbox one S, then xbox one x.

Even if Phil bought studios in 2014, it will take them until 2018-2019 to see a game. Since games take time to make. Add that, with acquisition talk, and your games is slated in 2020-2021.

Things don't grow from a tree.

He neglected 1st party studios, and drove the xbox to the ground during xbox one. He never even invested on 1st party studios.
What stupid CEO does have 5 studios making games for his console? Even Nintendo had more studios, than his stupid ass shit.

Phil took xbox from 5 devs, to 31 devs now. That is what CEO does. He lays the foundation for the future. Not just the current one.

Xbox can now pump out 5 games a year, without timed exclusives easily after this.

You need money to invest in. How do you think Playstation does business? Do you think they get these equipments from fairytale land?

Every department of Sony helps the Playstation gaming division. They even got spiderman and wolverine, because of Sony. SIE wouldn't have that much success during ps4 era, without Sony other division's.

Xbox is doing the same. Unlike Sony, MS doesn't have the resources Sony does. So they need to spend money.
eh. Sony lost FF13 and GTA4 exclusivity, $2 billion a year on PS3 and still managed to invest in dozens of smaller studios and continued to make games. Everyone thinks PS had a rough first year but this is what it looked like.

Resistance
Motorstorm
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Folklore
Ratchet
Uncharted

They then had their incredible next few years that everyone remembers. MGS4, LBP, KZ2, Uncharted 2, GOW3, Infamous, TLOU. it didnt take them an entire gen to churn out games.

If Phil bought NT, PG and Obsidian in 2018, thats plenty of time to get next gen games out by 2021. 3 years. Cancel Bleeding. No one wanted to play that trash and start work on Hellblade 2 right away. Get them another team and go on a hiring spree if they say 3 years isnt enough. 100 devs a year is $10 million. Pennies compared to the $80 billion they just spent.

PG was working on a cross gen Horizon that didnt get revealed until 2021. Why??? It's not like you are swimming in exclusives. They shouldve been working on a next gen only forza or next gen only Fable for a release in 2022.

Same goes for Obsidian. Delay outer wilds until 2020 and release it as a next gen only game with next gen visuals. There is plenty they couldve done. Halo had to be downgraded. The moment you hear that, you make it next gen only.

If you have four big AAA next gen exclusives coming out in 2021 and 2022, you dont need to go buy Starfield and COD. Those games were always coming to Xbox.

Can’t wait for all the tweets to Biden and the FTC when this deal closes and people start calling Microsoft liars cause they can’t read or didn’t get their port begging wishes granted.

Menzies

Banned
eh. Sony lost FF13 and GTA4 exclusivity, $2 billion a year on PS3 and still managed to invest in dozens of smaller studios and continued to make games. Everyone thinks PS had a rough first year but this is what it looked like.

Resistance
Motorstorm
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Folklore
Ratchet
Uncharted

They then had their incredible next few years that everyone remembers. MGS4, LBP, KZ2, Uncharted 2, GOW3, Infamous, TLOU. it didnt take them an entire gen to churn out games.

If Phil bought NT, PG and Obsidian in 2018, thats plenty of time to get next gen games out by 2021. 3 years. Cancel Bleeding. No one wanted to play that trash and start work on Hellblade 2 right away. Get them another team and go on a hiring spree if they say 3 years isnt enough. 100 devs a year is $10 million. Pennies compared to the $80 billion they just spent.

PG was working on a cross gen Horizon that didnt get revealed until 2021. Why??? It's not like you are swimming in exclusives. They shouldve been working on a next gen only forza or next gen only Fable for a release in 2022.

Same goes for Obsidian. Delay outer wilds until 2020 and release it as a next gen only game with next gen visuals. There is plenty they couldve done. Halo had to be downgraded. The moment you hear that, you make it next gen only.

If you have four big AAA next gen exclusives coming out in 2021 and 2022, you dont need to go buy Starfield and COD. Those games were always coming to Xbox.
I don't know why you keep bringing up Sony here. As if there's some virtuous code of conduct in business they trailblazed that is the only model 'acceptable'. Microsoft is way behind and by purchasing publishers they increase competition. These businesses don't care what you put forward as moral and noble.

Sony isn't on trial here. Yes, they have had great success, they had the full backing of their parent company who recognised the industry and committed more than just dipping a toe in the water.

I don't think many of these new studio's would have jumped to come on board with cancelled projects and restrictions on creative freedoms. Let them have their side-teams and side-projects for their sanity and motivation. Not everyone loves being a cog in the AAA machine all the time, non-stop.

Leyasu

Banned
And why should I answer a question that you already had the answer before you posted anyway? Since it was my question to you first to prove what source of revenue they lost by putting Office in Mac. If they don't lose any revenue then how can it be equivalent to going third party in gaming?

Its just make believe now. Do these people ever try to think what they post before typing "I am sure", "This is the future", "Its their vision" etc. So,
  • They lose all access to most of their existing subscribers through the platform through which Game Pass gets content from the store front by going third party and taking away all the reasons for people to use their platform.
  • They will then try to launch Game Pass in their former competing platform without access to third party content or the revenue streams. The new platform can pull the plug anytime if they decide Game Pass is decreasing their own potential store sell or taking away people who could subscribe to their own future game subscription service.
Why would more people subscribe to a service that provides less? Just because more people have access does not mean they will subscribe to a service without most of the content. Microsoft's gaming division generates more revenue than any third party publisher apart from Tencent. You still have not provided a single reason as to why your fanfic makes sense, and how they will generate that revenue through Game Pass in another platform with only first party content without any control of the revenue source and said platform can pull the plug anytime. How would that Game Pass be sustainable and have the same value?
Responding to him is trying to debate with someone who was abducted by aliens and lobotomised. It ain’t happening

kingfey

Banned
Whether some points are highlighted more than others doesn't change the fact the points are there for regulators to see and as such is information MS wants to use to influence their decision.

Here. Just watch the video by a lawyer who understands this stuff. It'll help you get a better understanding

So its the same thing I told you.

MS would put the game there. But they will request something in return. Like 15% cut for those games. Or other stuff.

And If Sony refuses it, they will use the excuse of "Sony refused it", and not allow the game there, until those requests are met.

So its the same thing I told you.

MS would put the game there. But they will request something in return. Like 15% cut for those games. Or other stuff.

And If Sony refuses it, they will use the excuse of "Sony refused it", and not allow the game there, until those requests are met.

Where on earth did you come to that conclusion from the video?

You've never said anything about cuts before either. You've just pulled that out now

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
This is why it's hard to argue with kids.

Here is in ABC format.

Starfield is a game, you can buy it and own it. Gamepass, is just a market, from xbox, which borrows starfield.

Office is store, that has office products. You need to buy the full package. But that package has 1 year license. After that, you need to rebuy it again.

Now, do you understand it?
You’re still struggling to understand this simple thing:
For MS games to be available on PS systems, it would be through the subscription. You’d not be able to play the game without it. You would NOT be able to buy Starfield on PS, you could only play it by subscribing to GP. That’s what I’m saying it’ll happen. That will be the business model. It’s NOT hard to understand that. It’s a very simple concept. Now try to wrap your head around this and stop being dense. Don’t bother replying if you’re unable to understand this extremely simple business model.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned

Resistance
Motorstorm
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Folklore
Ratchet
Uncharted

You are forgetting 2nd party studios, which made those games. Insomniac, which made ratchet, and ninja theory who made Heavenly Sword. Without those studios, Sony wouldn't have made those games.

That is what you need to understand. Xbox had 5 studios. They didn't bother investing in other studios, or using 2nd party studios.

That is why xbox one was bare laid console. Not enough studios to make exclusive games.

How long do you think games take? Why is guerilla games releasing HFW right now, instead of 2020 ps5 launch window? Why is Insomniac taking too long for spiderman 2? Where is the tlou3/factions?

You know why, because games take time. You don't rush them out the window, like call of duty.

Big projects takes time. AAA have 4-5 year cycle.

PG was working on a cross gen Horizon that didnt get revealed until 2021. Why??? It's not like you are swimming in exclusives. They shouldve been working on a next gen only forza or next gen only Fable for a release in 2022
And look how that game turned out. Do you want cyberpunk2077 type of game?

Hell, look at halo infinite in 2020 reveal. That was the end project, before the 1 year delay. Rushed games turn to shit, and now you wasted 5 years of development for a shit game. You can ask EA and dice about battlefield 2042.

Outer wilds is take 2 published game. MS has no business on that game, other than owning the IP.

Right. Its not like FF7R was coming to xbox. Deathloop and ghost wire tokyo were coming to xbox.

Hell, there were rumors how Sony was trying on making that game timed exclusive.

Imagine a bethesda game, exclusive on Playstation, when the 1st bethesda console game started on xbox? That is the level that would have happened, if MS didnt buy bethesda.

You need to understand that MS wants to build its platform. Sony had 1 gen ahead start. Xbox didnt. Xbox one, was their ps3 gen. And xseries gen is their ps4 gen. It will take time, before they reach the ps5 quality developers.

kingfey

Banned
You’re still struggling to understand this simple thing:
For MS games to be available on PS systems, it would be through the subscription. You’d not be able to play the game without it. You would NOT be able to buy Starfield on PS, you could only play it by subscribing to GP. That’s what I’m saying it’ll happen. That will be the business model. It’s NOT hard to understand that. It’s a very simple concept. Now try to wrap your head around this and stop being dense. Don’t bother replying if you’re unable to understand this extremely simple business model.
You clearly don't understand yourself at all.

You have to put games on a store first. Allow gamers to buy it. Then put it on gamepass. That is xbox model. That is gamepass model. It gives nongamepass owners, the option to buy it.

What you are suggesting is dumb shit, that is literally impossible for business. It's either you advocating cloud streaming for Playstation users, or you either blocking Sony from getting any revenue from those games.

MS would never in your entire life, allow Playstation to have Xbox games, without anything in return. It's that simple.

And since you don't want 3rd party gamepass games on Playstation, there is the easy way. Let Sony put their 1st party games on gamepass. And MS would put their games on Playstation. This way, Xbox users can have Playstation games, Playstation users can have Xbox games.

kingfey

Banned
Where on earth did you come to that conclusion from the video?

You've never said anything about cuts before either. You've just pulled that out now
Did you watch the end of the YouTube? How do you link something, without watching the full video?

He said it at the end of the video. MS would want something in return.

Did you watch the end of the YouTube? How do you link something, without watching the full video?

He said it at the end of the video. MS would want something in return.

No. You didn't listen to what he said. He said he would have anticipated that they would use the same language Phil used in his tweet where he said "desire" which would have opened the doors for that type of negotiation. But that's not the language they used in the blog.

Also right-click on the video and you can select copy video URL at select time

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
You really think it makes no difference what statements corporations make on blogs, social media, etc? You think the SEC doesn't care "because it's a blog"?
They care about it, IF they deemed it necessary.
Things like false advertisements, updates, or any changes the companies going through.

This is steps MS would take, upon the upcoming mergers. It won't take affect, until the change they addressed, start happening.

What IF MS deal gets stopped? Is MS liable for that blog?

COD is still open for interpretation. I can't make judgment on that one, until the hearing starts. Because that can change the outcome of that game.

kingfey

Banned
What the hell are you talking about? Not only do they do this already with Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons, they JUST said they'll do the same with Call of Duty.

Why is that making you lose sleep? Everyone still gets crappy Call of Duty.
Did you hear his statements? Or did you just wake up now, and start screaming?

The guy wants all xbox exclusive games on Playstation. Like MS would let that happen.

kingfey

Banned
No. You didn't listen to what he said. He said he would have anticipated that they would use the same language Phil used in his tweet where he said "desire" which would have opened the doors for that type of negotiation. But that's not the language they used in the blog.

Also right-click on the video and you can select copy video URL at select time
Its not about. The end of the video.

MS would ask for cut. Like charging less money for them.

Topher

Gold Member
They care about it, IF they deemed it necessary.
Things like false advertisements, updates, or any changes the companies going through.

This is steps MS would take, upon the upcoming mergers. It won't take affect, until the change they addressed, start happening.

What IF MS deal gets stopped? Is MS liable for that blog?

COD is still open for interpretation. I can't make judgment on that one, until the hearing starts. Because that can change the outcome of that game.

Ten years ago the SEC considered taking action against Netflix for bragging about how many hours subscribers watched in a Facebook post. If something as trivial as that draws the glare of the SEC then you can bet comments made about a massive acquisition such as this will be scrutinized. Microsoft committed to following the Minecraft example. They need to hold to that.

I love how none of us play CoD but there’s 30 pages of responses to this thread :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hopefully they’ll one day make a game as good as MW 1&2 and then I might be able to find it within myself to give a single fuck about Activision.

I said it before, if MS buying AB means we get more of the pre-Activision Blizzard that I love then I'm all for it. No, I don't care about COD, but it is an important franchise.

Ten years ago the SEC considered taking action against Netflix for bragging about how many hours subscribers watched in a Facebook post. If something as trivial as that draws the glare of the SEC then you can bet comments made about a massive acquisition such as this will be scrutinized. Microsoft committed to following the Minecraft example. They need to hold to that.

I said it before, if MS buying AB means we get more of the pre-Activision Blizzard that I love then I'm all for it. No, I don't care about COD, but it is an important franchise.

I'll invite the green rats over for a tea party if Phil gives me back the prototype

Man I really loved that game

Did you hear his statements? Or did you just wake up now, and start screaming?

The guy wants all xbox exclusive games on Playstation. Like MS would let that happen.
No, not ALL MS exclusives will be on PlayStation, just like not ALL PS games will be on PC, despite people wanting to believe so.

They'll be done on a case by case basis. Games like Minecraft and Call of Duty will continue to be on as many platforms as possible. Games like Starcraft or single-player games will remain exclusive.

kingfey

Banned
They will have to ask that, during the hearing.

While I like the FTC, it's clearly dying now, due to low funding they see getting. And these big companies keep buying out those people in power.

Its matter of time, before one of their puppet sets down on that office.

Disney was the start. That thing shouldn't have been approved at all no matter. And now, they are removing their marvel shows from Netflix, and no one can stop them. You know, the same thing we arguing about MS COD. Disney is doing that now. And FTC is not stopping them.

Swift_Star

Banned
You clearly don't understand yourself at all.

You have to put games on a store first. Allow gamers to buy it. Then put it on gamepass. That is xbox model. That is gamepass model. It gives nongamepass owners, the option to buy it.

What you are suggesting is dumb shit, that is literally impossible for business. It's either you advocating cloud streaming for Playstation users, or you either blocking Sony from getting any revenue from those games.

MS would never in your entire life, allow Playstation to have Xbox games, without anything in return. It's that simple.

And since you don't want 3rd party gamepass games on Playstation, there is the easy way. Let Sony put their 1st party games on gamepass. And MS would put their games on Playstation. This way, Xbox users can have Playstation games, Playstation users can have Xbox games.
I give up. You can’t understand what I’m saying. It’s like talking to a wall.

Top Bottom