• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Call of Duty and other popular AB games will continue to be released on PlayStation and Nintendo platforms beyond current agreements

ANIMAL1975

boom smile GIF

itsnotme

Unlike Bethesda games COD is a micro transaction monster keeping it on as many platforms as possible is probably the fastest way of getting your money back (and we know Microsoft wants their games everywhere on as many platforms as possible). I think Microsoft knows they’re not going to sway that many people to switch platforms to the point where it’s efficient to keep it Xbox only.

Last edited:

Elios83

Fear of regulators is real. Their legal team probably thought it was a good faith move to give concessions before they're asked to.

And btw these acquisitions should be done in this way, same for Sony and Bungie. As a way to grow and make more popular games and not to try to monopolize the market.

Last edited:

gow3isben

Boom.

So asides from Overwatch Playstation has really lost absolutely nothing from this deal right? Because shit like WoW and Candy Crush or whatever were still never for playstation.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Great news! I'm sure it will all be on gamepass day one to entice people but will still be on all platforms for the next 5 years at least.

The Alien

Banned
I wouldn't put weight into anything said prior to the deal closing. These words can mean a number of things...and I'll hate the back and forth speculation over the next few months.

Once the deal is finalized actual and specific info is what people should be listening to.

.Pennywise

Banned
I like how biassed all the industry is towards Japanese companies and against Ms in particular.

When Xbox almost disappeared last gen thanks to Mattrick almost single handledly killed the brand and Sony reign the entire gen nobody bats an eye.

MS become competetivie and suddenly everyone and their mothers seem to care about competence and monopolies and what not.

Yet we didn't saw so much fuzz when Sony money hatted all big third party titles for some times exclusive shit (just a refresher, Starfield would come out only on PlaySation at launch) and only on PS DLCs and such.

Sony dominated so hard that they took away with making games $70 (€80) at launch a thing.

But you know, the problem is MS and now everyone needs to lose their minds because having a $15/month subscription with a plethora of games AAA, AA and indies alike is obviously bad for the consumer and paying $70 for each game upfront is healthy.

kyliethicc

Guess Satya was concerned about regulation after all

Well it does say regulation in the headline lol, so perhaps.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Of course the faithful will spend the next months and then years saying that MS is just playing and they don't really mean what we think they mean. They want ammo to convert people, this doesn't help.

Last edited:
I feel like they keep saying this every week. Sounds to me that both Sony and MS want their games available to everyone.
This speech sounds quite similar to Sony's post-Bungie acquisition as well.

It's great to see tbh. MS wouldn't say no to the fact that most COD fans are on Playstation. Pretending all COD fanbase from PS would migrate to Xbox if it was suddently exclusive was tone def.

Well it does say regulation in the headline lol, so perhaps.

Oh I didn't see that lmao

Well there you go

Nvzman

I said all the laughing reactions would look pretty silly once this plays out.
Activision is on a whole different level than Bethesda, MS knows this and there's no way they'd limit CoD to just Xbox, it would actually be worse for them financially. This is 100% a Minecraft situation and I said that since day 1.

Ozriel

M$FT
Yeah I don’t believe anything these corporate spin doctors say. They are all filthy liars.

This is a straightforward press release. Babbling about 'corporate spin doctors' at this point is kinda weird.

If I’m Jimbo, I put a 10 year contract in front of phil tomorrow. You know he’s going back on this as soon as the deal closes. Phil’s Phear of the FTC is real

Why in the world would either Activision or MS sign to extend any contract? :messenger_grinning:
I'm sure Sony saying Destiny will keep being multiplatform was key.

Not just Destiny. All Bungie's output for the near to mid term.

Top Bottom