• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft are going to announce The Acquisition of SEGA next Wednesday (Believe!)

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Because.... I would like to announce that I have acquired Sega.

I have finally sold off Ewing oil and decided to use my billions to get into gaming.
Oh, then congratulation, must be hard for Irish in Japan. You must be good businessman. What are your plans, tho? You know, you certainly would not leave us hanging, right?

Stuart360

Because.... I would like to announce that I have acquired Sega.

I have finally sold off Ewing oil and decided to use my billions to get into gaming.
critique-dallas-episode-131-ewing-inferno-1.jpg

Bryank75

Banned
Oh, then congratulation, must be hard for Irish in Japan. You must be good businessman. What are your plans, tho? You know, you certainly would not leave us hanging, right?
I'm going to bring all the staff out for drinks, for a few days anyway. Then I'll sell the company off again...after I put everything on expenses.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
It’s to soon to give up hope...

maybe it’s after the show is done...

Dam I feel like Sony Neo Gaf trying to convince them selves Elder scrolls 6 will still be on ps5....

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It’s to soon to give up hope...

maybe it’s after the show is done...

Dam I feel like Sony Neo Gaf trying to convince them selves Elder scrolls 6 will still be on ps5....
TES6 will be available on PC/Xbox Blitz in 2031.

PSlayer

MS had plenty of opportunities to buy mid-size japanese studios in the past. God even fucking Capcom was struggling with money back in 2013 and a year later MS bought mojang for 4 billion dolars.

I do think it would good for them to have japanese studios but they don't seem to care or think it's a justifiable purchase.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
MS had plenty of opportunities to buy mid-size japanese studios in the past. God even fucking Capcom was struggling with money back in 2013 and a year later MS bought mojang for 4 billion dolars.

I do think it would good for them to have japanese studios but they don't seem to care or think it's a justifiable purchase.

They have a Japanese studio now, Tango Gameworks.

supernova8

Banned

Jeez imagine being a Japanese developer working for Microsoft doing exclusives. Make your game for a predominantly Japanese audience and then watch as a grand total of 4 people buy an Xbox and your game's sales are shit.

Rob_27

Yeah but why dont Sega do that anyway?. As a big fan of their arcade games, it sucks how they just dont seem bothered themselves.
Imo they could easliy sell arcade perfect ports of their sprite arcade games at $5 a pop, and up to $10 for arcade perfect ports of Daytona 2, Scud Race, etc.

I'll have some of that!

PSlayer

Jeez imagine being a Japanese developer working for Microsoft doing exclusives. Make your game for a predominantly Japanese audience and then watch as a grand total of 4 people buy an Xbox and your game's sales are shit.

I agree with you that at first they would be burning money as far as japan/asia goes but they have to start with something

Ceadeus

It would be awesome. They helped Sega bringing PSO2 in NA and always been there for them. I can think of Shenmue 2 atm. Jet grind radio and the Sega Racing.

Imagine a Sega Channel dedicated for Sega game exclusives on Xbox. That is the closest we could see a Dreamcast 2.

lock2k

Banned
I never believed the Microsoft buying Sega rumor.

Then again they did say there won’t be any new acquisition news at the show but didn't say anything about after the show.

Well, they did try in the past, but it didn't go through. So it wasn't a rumor, it was something that could have happened but didn't. So not entirely a rumor. Just something that didn't happen.

ps: Funny to read this article and spot speculation about "Xbox 720". Time flies. damn. lol

Last edited:
Can't trust these Official Twitter posts, everything is 90s WWE now!
They are going to reveal that it was Vince all along!

Last edited:

howitis3

they won't be buying sega. because the Japanese don't buy consoles anymore. even the ps4 doesn't sale great there. why bother investing in Japanese focused games when they all play on switch.

Top Bottom