• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s new Starfield Xbox controller and headset are available now

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Uhh... this controller is already sold out on Microsoft's site:

52968191237_3fbdcd31df_c.jpg

I feel like this thing is going to be super hard to find.

Still available at Best Buy. If you want one, I'd suggest ordering it sooner rather than later.

It's sold out everywhere in Australia, maybe not EB Games but that's in store only. The fuck.

I am not surprised. Folks have been gushing about it over social media and I had a feeling this is gonna become a hot collectors item.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
Ngl that controller is so, so, so fucking good looking. Especially the translucent triggers.

I'm probably picking it up as soon as I can.

Xbox's controller color ways and options just bring shame to Sony's, especially this gen.

poodaddy

Dude I fuckin really want this controller, but I don't wanna spend that right now.....I wish I had something to sell that was worth right at a hundred bucks.

Banned
b

how do ms rewards work

you use Bing, buy games on xbox, or use the Xbox rewards app to do "quests"

this rewards you points.
5000 points get you roughly 5€/$ in Windows/Xbox Store credit

you can easily farm about 200 points a day if you want to, takes maybe 3min.

adamsapple

b

how do ms rewards work

This is the best place to start:

Tl;DR

- You do daily activities and small tasks that take from 5, 8 minutes.
- You earn points for doing those which you can use to redeem MS / Xbox gift cards, Amazon cards etc.
- Don't expect to get enough points to redeem 100 dolalrs worth of codes in a month or so, but ideally you will get enough to pay off your monthly game pass ultimate and have a spare $10, 15 to spend or stockpile.

you can easily farm about 200 points a day if you want to, takes maybe 3min.

200.gif

Doing the web things and Xbox / Game Pass daily tasks, you should be able to get between 700 and 800 daily, more if you do the weekly/monthly ones.

Last edited:

Banned
Doing the web things and Xbox / Game Pass daily tasks, you should be able to get between 700 and 800 daily, more if you do the weekly/monthly ones.

yeah but if you go the lazy route and only do the Bing stuf it's more like 200, and the bing stuff is something you can do on your phone while taking a shit 🤣

adamsapple

Controller is included in the constellation edition no?

No.

It includes that swanky watch.

Constellation version Includes:
- Starfield base game
- Shattered Space Story Expansion (upon release)
- Up to 5 days early access
- Constellation Skin Pack
- Access to Starfield Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack
- Steelbook Display Case
- Constellation Patch
- Credit Stick with Laser-Etched Game Code
- Starfield Chronomark Watch & Case

Last edited:

Dolomite

No.

It includes that swanky watch.

Constellation version Includes:
- Starfield base game
- Shattered Space Story Expansion (upon release)
- Up to 5 days early access
- Constellation Skin Pack
- Access to Starfield Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack
- Steelbook Display Case
- Constellation Patch
- Credit Stick with Laser-Etched Game Code
- Starfield Chronomark Watch & Case
Well that blows...I mean I'll probably still get it for collector's value but at $250 it should come with the controller or headset

Very nice. I can wait until September since I barely use my Series X enough right now to justify a purchase. I want both the controller and headset.

Last edited:
Looks nice, too bad the controllers have been shit since the xbox one. The 360 controllers were sturdy, the new ones breakdown so easily.

Mine have held up pretty well. No issues with my standard Xbox One (gen 3?) controllers. I had the bumper issue with my Elite S2, which required me to take it apart and fix it.

Meanwhile I had two 360 controllers that drifted after a while.

cireza

My controller is on the way. It will look great next to my 20th anniversary controller. I will be able to swap every day lol.

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

Mine have held up pretty well. No issues with my standard Xbox One (gen 3?) controllers. I had the bumper issue with my Elite S2, which required me to take it apart and fix it.

Meanwhile I had two 360 controllers that drifted after a while.
Maybe I'm unlucky, but every new gen xbox controller I have either drifts (modern controllers in general) or the usb port breaks. Why the fuck is it still micro usb?

I just wish they worked better for me. I really like the ergonomics of xbox controllers.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Gotta tell you, I'm tempted to pick one up, despite the fact that I only ever use an Elite Controller.

Managed to talk myself out of it as I still have a sealed Master Chief Elite on the shelf.

reinking

Gold Member
I ordered both. I got confirmation of shipping for the controller but not the headset. I hope they both arrive today.

Mr Hyde

Headset looks very good and comfortable. I wonder if it works with PS5. Thinking about trading the 3D pulse for this one.

Hambone

Gotta tell you, I'm tempted to pick one up, despite the fact that I only ever use an Elite Controller.

My first thought too, as I use a Elite 2 for my Series X, however, my Elite 1 that I have been using with my PC, is on it's last leg, so I ordered the Starfield controller as a suitable replacement. . :messenger_beaming:

Have you guys ever bought a white controller and seen discoloring? I am strongly interested in buying his guy. It's beautiful.

Got mine today, and I actually don't like it as much as I thought I would.

Also hilariously I saw that somebody got theirs but the triggers weren't transparent lol

SegaManAU

Gold Member
My controller just arrived, headset coming tomorrow! Loving the look.

I skipped the constellation edition though....didn't really interest me. Not paying $500 for that lol

Kacho

Have you guys ever bought a white controller and seen discoloring? I am strongly interested in buying his guy. It's beautiful.
I have two robot white Xbox One controllers and they haven’t discolored after multiple years of use. Xbox controllers are extremely well made.

Top Bottom