• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield New Trailer Revealed + Starfield Direct | Xbox Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

Bethesda gives us a new look at Starfield's story and gameplay. Take to the galaxy to find artifacts and unravel the mysteries of the universe as you traverse the stars. Starfield will arrive on September 6, 2023 for Xbox and PC.​

FyXAwqRakAE5Pca

FyXAxVVaIAAGfJq

FyXQmsOWIAMY3HE

B0TyrjM.jpg

FyXP2F_aAAAapCB

Xbox Wireless Controller – Starfield Limited Edition up for preorder at MS Store ($79.99) bit.ly/43SfKtd

Headset $124.99
bit.ly/3J6QcA

FyXAPo3aUAAIw8S
FyXANYgaAAAVcPD

FyXAJ2oaAAMrwZJ
FyXAUFVakAAcrvj

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Asking since it got lost in the live thread, they havent confirmed 30 or 60fps on console have they? If its 30 i might just break my xbox

I don't care what people may think about this game now that it's exclusive, but man I can't fucking wait for this game, as far as I'm concerned BGS never misses (even if you consider 76 a miss that was their B team). This looks like I'm going to lose several hundred hours in it, and I expect the showcase after will confirm that even more

Schmendrick

Looks much better than the last showing. The delay seems to pay off somewhat.
However...a few nice vista shots and maybe 10 secs of actual gameplay...yeah, color me sceptical.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Dude, this is insane. It kinda feels like Todd Howard sat down one day and thought to himself "hey, I wonder what kind of a game would perfectly line up with Drizzlehell's interests not only about video games but also his hobbies and interests in general..." and then he went on and made Starfield.

Seriously, this looks like the game that I've been waiting for my whole life. I'm counting the days until I will be able to finally get my greasy hands on it and immerse myself in the game.

Please don't fuck this up Todd...

mortal

Gold Member
Love how in-depth the character creator goes, although my biggest issue with immersive sim RPGs is the lack of actual roleplaying.
I can take hours finely tuning this detailed character model, complete with optional background info, skill trees, and such, but then get inevitably pigeonholed into the roles only the game wants me to play.
Often resulting in being forced to make decisions, I don't believe my character would've made, given the opportunity.

Would love to see a real push to open up the opportunities to role-play for further immersion and unique playthroughs.
With the setting being space, would love to have the storytelling freedom to match a playground of a galactic scale.

Ansphn

Starfield looks good. Finally an Xbox exclusive banger (that they had to buy). I might play this on PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom