• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 2 Scans From GI (Plus Others)

Alucard

Banned
Looks like the Stargate found its way into the Metroid universe! Pretty cool looking though...same with Tales of Symphonia.

I'm not sure if linking to another site with scans is keeping with the TOS though.

Grubdog

Banned
WOW, Metroid Prime 2 looks incredible, i'm speechless. GOTY.
All told, we are quite impressed by the entire Echoes package. Everything in the single player game has been exponentially expanded upon. In fact, we would go as far as to say that this might be Samus' greatest adventure yet.....

The timer starts now for the wait. This November, expect Metroid Prime 2: Echoes to remind you why Nintendo was once the most powerful company in video games, and can be once again.
Whoa.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I didn't actually finish Prime (one of the games in my backlog), but having recently started Fusion on GBA, my like for the franchise is growing. I'm looking forward to Echoes a lot now, but must finish Prime first..

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
pestul said:
Now you've gone and done it ;)

What I liked even more about that is that he left it open to interpretation either way (i.e. halo better than metroid, or metroid better than halo). Everyone's happy! :p

arter_2

wow that liqued gun thing sounds awsome and i acnt wait to see how it will work in the new bigger and more lively enviroments. this game just shot up on my list to around the same place as resident evil 4.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Are the visor symbols coloured or not? It seems pretty evenly split in the screens between Prime-style two tone symbols and really bright ones. I though it might be a change between dark world and light world displays (not that it'd make much sense), but looking at the screens it seems that both are there in light world areas.

I really hope it's the two tone set up, I don't think much of the colourful displays. I miss the different hand symbols for the weapons from the first Prime too, but I suppose they might have been confusing for (retards) people.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Metroid Prime single player was a pure joy to experience at E3 (I didn't get a chance to play multi, but heard good things from those who were doing so). Reading the article shows how much more Retro have added to what was already a great game.

Simple new details like faster scanning, seeker missles, and updated graphical effects will easily differentiate this game from its predecesor.

Its a serious toss-up for me now between RE4 and MP2 for GOTY, though MP2 is currently my pick because I wasn't able to get too far in RE4 (ie. I sucked at it :p).

Really nice article about MP2. Anticipation +1000 after reading it. What bothers me is not the lack of dual analog control, but the lack of LAN for the multiplayer mode. It's not that hard to include it, is it? Other than that, GOTY material easily.

looks good, but the multiplayer still looks like shit to me... no online, no lan.. but i guess it doesnt matter, its going to play like shit in multiplayer anyways..

single player is why you buy the metroid games i suppose anyways..

Ranger X

Whatever LittleBeru. I put Metroid Prime in the FPS genre because that where's i guess it belongs. The game is not different enough to specifie a genre for it. I don't like this "name a new genre of videogame with every game that is putting a toe outside" mode. Useless shit to get people arguing in gaming boards.

Main Event yo you're not supposed to be talking with my bro right now? I just called him!! lol ---- hype for Metroid Prime 2 is here too buddy! can't wait! ;)

LuckyBrand said:
looks good, but the multiplayer still looks like shit to me... no online, no lan.. but i guess it doesnt matter, its going to play like shit in multiplayer anyways..

single player is why you buy the metroid games i suppose anyways..

Have you played it?

Wyzdom said:
Whatever LittleBeru. I put Metroid Prime in the FPS genre because that where's i guess it belongs. The game is not different enough to specifie a genre for it. I don't like this "name a new genre of videogame with every game that is putting a toe outside" mode. Useless shit to get people arguing in gaming boards.

Not quite. Once a genre name starts to imply more than the sum of its parts, you have to be more specific to get the point across. I understand the reasons for keeping things simple, but you have to admit that the term "FPS" connotes more than "a game played in the first person in which you shoot things," the same way "RPG" carries more meaning than "a game in which you play a role."

It's why, despite all the similarities, Miyamoto insists that Zelda is not an RPG. "RPG" suggests things that Zelda is not, and "FPS" suggests things that Metroid Prime is not, while leaving out many of the very important things that DEFINE Metroid Prime, because they're not included in the FPS meme. "First person adventure" isn't perfect, but it works better because it catches the eye and makes people think about what that implies is left OUT as much as what is added IN to the gameplay.

GDGF

Soothsayer
The Faceless Master said:
ya know, since i'm a guy, i just can't relate to FEMALE space type people in full body armor...

:lol I hope that's a reference to the GTA:SA thread.

Anyway, looking freaking fantastic. Multiplay was tops too, judging from all E3 reports. The best Metroid ever, eh? That's saying something. That's saying something big. I can't wait to play.

Someone else say it's the GOTY. Not enough people said it in the first 15 replies to some blurry scans.

That Black game looks interesting.

I hadn't noticed before this, but it looks like MP2 has realistic shadows now. The original didn't, although I honestly never even paid attention until I played it again a month ago heh. Glad they made that change. The game looks amazing.

Bluemercury said:
Have you played it?

hahaha, you ask me if I played it, yet you dont ask anyone else because they are all glowing praise..

me saying the single player looked good, but the multiplayer looked bad, hurts your feelings or something?

i am talking about what i have seen from the videos/pictures, just like most everyone in this thread, except for the few that have actually played it. and the single player looks to be good just like the first game.. the multiplayer looks like a tacky add on, and not something i am intersted in.. i dont plan to have people over to play split screen multiplayer metroid prime 2, anyways.. i play my multiplayer on xbox live as none of myfriends really play videogames.

pestul

CrimsonSkies said:
Someone else say it's the GOTY. Not enough people said it in the first 15 replies to some blurry scans.

I think they're reading the scans too. I certainly don't get a GOTY vibe from the pics alone.

Kon Tiki

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
ya know, since i'm a guy, i just can't relate to FEMALE space type people in full body armor...

rachel80.txt

Ya too bad samus is not covered in jizzum.

GDGF

Soothsayer
CrimsonSkies said:

I'll say it's GOTY. It certainly has the potential. I've seen it running on my TV several times BTW and it looks wonderful. (G4TTV is good for something, you know)

Ranger X

Whatever what Nintendo said my dear Kobun, i name a game in a different genre when i feel the gameplay differs enough to do it. A FPS in my mind is a game played in first person and the gameplay focus on the shooting (duh). Metroid Prime can apply to this definition. Metroid Prime is a bit more of adventuring because of the envirronement and the way they are linked in one big kinda level. But it's not enough to get the game another genre name IMO. In an adventure there's a focus on exploring and also a plot that is more develloped than action games (while not being as develloped as RPGs). In this way we could call the likes of Half-Life series a FPA...

As for Zelda, i always called it "action-rpg" and it did create that genre anyway. The main point in differencing and action-rpg from a traditionnal RPG is the main gameplay like for example the battling that is completely real time in the action-rpg. There's also less plot in action-rpgs. Action-RPG i call also the Diablo type of games. (that are called "hack and slash" too)

--- and no need to answer. This question is closed, that's my opinion and it's ain't going to change. I also don't care what you think about that Kobun, just wanted to express my opinion and that's all. Good day.

CrimsonSkies said:

Oh god. Just take a look at all those Halo 2 thread and shut up.

And BTW : MP2 = GOTY.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
LuckyBrand said:
hahaha, you ask me if I played it, yet you dont ask anyone else because they are all glowing praise..

Or maybe because some of those people have indeed played it and the others are basing it on the practically unanimous good impressions of those who played it at E3?

Nah, couldn't be that.

Top Bottom