• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Universo Nintendo: "Metroid Prime 4 is in a very advance state of development, Nintendo is currently carrying quality tests,

Draugoth

Gold Member
Metroid-Prime-4-20Jan2024.jpg

"A recent research carried out by Youtuber SuperMetalDave64, developer Retro Studios may be in the final phase of developing the game."

"The first point made by the YouTuber in his video points out that Nintendo was carrying out quality tests to find errors and problems in demo versions of Metroid Prime 4 around 10 months ago thanks to the resume of Edwin Atwell – a contracted employee who also worked testing the quality of games from the Call of Duty franchise through the Jira Software application (used for testing and providing game feedback)."

"Another highlight is the discovery of a partnership between Retro Studios and Next-Gen Dreams 3D, a co-developer for Hire Studio whose main focus is innovations in high-quality technical art, tools and content pipelines. The company's specialty, however, is creating creative and more elaborate debut trailers for the games of the companies it hires."
"Next-Gen Dreams 3D has an extensive portfolio of partnerships that includes companies such as Take-Two Interactive, THQ Nordic, Xbox Game Studios, Arkane, among others and more recently, Retro Studios."

"These two points combined are a strong indication that Retro Studios / Nintendo are in the final stages of production on Metroid Prime 4, which should be reintroduced to the public with a release date very soon."

Source

Jesb

This may bring me back to a Nintendo console again. Metroid Prime series has been really missed. I haven’t owned a Nintendo console since the Wii. This would be huge if it’s a launch title.

nial

Gold Member
It's insane how Retro has literally been MIA in a full decade and only released remasters since then, yet people on enthusiastic forums never point that out, unlike with some other studios.
DKCTF is still my favorite game ever, so take that as you will.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I mean, after almost 7 years in development + reboot, yeah, I'm not surprised.

Let's see if they announce Switch 2 this week.

I'm in this very moment playing Metroid Prime Remastered. Never played the series before!

So far, I'm really enjoying it!

Hell yeah! Glad you're having a good time. It's a game that, aside from controls and graphics, wasn't changed since 2002. It's held up unbelievably well, and it makes me really excited if Nintendo will be able to release remasters of the other two. Not as good as 1, but worth releasing to make some cash off MP4 hype at the very least.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
It's insane how Retro has literally been MIA in a full decade and only released remasters since then, yet people on enthusiastic forums never point that out, unlike with some other studios.
What needs to be pointed out exactly? It seems like they had some failed pitches to Nintendo.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Really looking forward to it.
Though at this point I hope it's a Switch 2 title as I don't see how it can look much better than MP1 Remastered on the original Switch.

darrylgorn

Nintendo has a habit of making Zelda a system bridging game.

I have a feeling they'll be doing it this time with Metroid Prime.

What better way to show off a new system's power than an fps style game that directly compares to its earlier version with higher resolution and framerate.

Bank on it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I've been wondering what the hell they did between DKCTF and MP4 for years.

Kssio_Aug

Hell yeah! Glad you're having a good time. It's a game that, aside from controls and graphics, wasn't changed since 2002. It's held up unbelievably well, and it makes me really excited if Nintendo will be able to release remasters of the other two. Not as good as 1, but worth releasing to make some cash off MP4 hype at the very least.
I actually think the controls work pretty well in this remastered version. No clue how it played on Game Cube though... Long ago I tried playing it on Wii, but I could never stomach the motion controls, so I was really glad when I saw they released it again on Switch.

It's definitely a wonderful game which feel like it hasn't aged much. Great, timeless gameplay.
Agreed! I'm quite impressed with it, specially considering how old it is.

Last edited:

mystech

I would really prefer this be on Switch 2. Metroid Prime remaster looked great for a switch game but after this long ass wait, I’d much rather Prime 4 be a graphical showcase for the new system. Let’s see what Retro can do when aging hardware isn’t holding them back.

nial

Gold Member
What needs to be pointed out exactly? It seems like they had some failed pitches to Nintendo.
I've been wondering what the hell they did between DKCTF and MP4 for years.
Looks like poor management, yeah.

I actually think the controls work pretty well in this remastered version. No clue how it played on Game Cube though... Long ago I tried playing it on Wii, but I could never stomach the motion controls, so I was really glad when I saw they released it again on Switch.

The remastered controls are the best. Gamecube version played fine with the lock-on and single analog stick though, the game was designed around it. I have the trilogy but the motion controls everyone praises just did not work well for me. I actually never bothered with MP3 for that reason, I am hoping dual analog and re-release makes that game more playable.

Hohenheim

Yes!! This must be a launch title for the new Nintendo this year. I hope Nintendo spits out remasters for 2 and 3 in the meantime. Makes a lot of sense.
If they only update the controls so that they play the same as Metroid 1 Remastered, thats fine.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
By this point I really hope this game is a launch title for the next Switch. It would give the new hardware a kickass single player game and it deserves to utilize the new hardware of the device.
I think this is why the game was delayed a bit further and Metroid Prime Remastered is something that they used to get used to / push the new tools and updated engine with as well as to buy time for the new title.

It makes me sad the Remaster was not for Switch 2 a bit, some locations may have not gotten any particle effects downgrade (snowfall for one is noticeably paired down compared to the GameCube version).

Robb

Gold Member
Makes sense to me, they wouldn’t have launched the Metroid Prime Remaster last year unless they had confidence the next game was well under way.

It has been in development for the Switch for about 5 years now though, so anyone expecting this to show what the “Switch 2” can do will likely be disappointed, no matter if it’s cross-gen or not.

I can’t wait to see it though!

Last edited:

Hudo

By this point I really hope this game is a launch title for the next Switch. It would give the new hardware a kickass single player game and it deserves to utilize the new hardware of the device.
I think it will be cross-gen. Where you'll have a higher resolution, 60fps and whatnot for the Switch 2 version.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I think it will be cross-gen. Where you'll have a higher resolution, 60fps and whatnot for the Switch 2 version.
Possibly, but if Switch 2 is the upgrade we expect it to be, this will hold MP4 back as the performance gap is gynormous. To be fair, they will have had enough time to almost develop two titles.

nordique

I still cannot fathom why Nintendo went with Bandai Namco first for Metroid Prime 4.
I could be wrong but I vaguely recall retro was busy with something else at the time/supporting other development at Nintendo either as a support studio or something else but then things just weren’t working out so they restarted development - gave it back to Retro (where it belongs)

Last edited:

Kabelly

This is going to be cross-gen. It's been in development with the Switch in mind from the start even after the reboot. They announced it for Switch. It will be on Switch. They're not gonna cancel it now. If they released BOTW for Wii U still; I don't see any scenario where they cancel the Switch version.

Switch 2 is not even a real thing right now.

Last edited:

Hudo

I could be wrong but I vaguely recall retro was busy with something else at the time/supporting other development at Nintendo either as a support studio or something else but then things just weren’t working out so they restarted development - gave it back to Retro (where it belongs)
Ah, I hadn't considered that Retro were busy with other stuff. Yeah, it makes sense. Now that I think about it, I guess it also was a factor that Nintendo and Bandai Namco cooperated on development on previous titles as well. One of the more famous ones being Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Hugare

Hopefuly it will be cross gen

I dont see them dropping the Switch after announcing the game for it. And it could be a showcase for the Switch 2.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

I'm fine with Crossgen. The extra power can be used for a massive resolution bump in pixels and textures. They can also improve the lighting and shadows as well.

Hudo

I look forward for the 1000 page thread crying about the first person perspective in this when it's revealed.
I assume this happened when Metroid Prime 1 was revealed back then? Was the outrage on the same level as the infamous Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360 reveal, where GAF's Japanese cultural expert showed up?

Synless

Been waiting for this one a very long time.

Have there been any rumors on Prime 2/3 coming for HD remaster/remakes?

Top Bottom