• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Universo Nintendo: "Metroid Prime 4 is in a very advance state of development, Nintendo is currently carrying quality tests,

The only time I've ever enjoyed April Fool's in the videogame realm was back in the good 'ol days when EGM had their monthly magazine. The April issue had a page on how to unlock Sonic & Tales in Smash Bros Melee, and it was extremely convincing. So many people spent hours trying to unlock them with the information in the mag and it didn't work. :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

Back when internet videos were basically nonexistent and no smartphones. Honestly it was better.

Last edited:

Tams

It's insane how Retro has literally been MIA in a full decade and only released remasters since then, yet people on enthusiastic forums never point that out, unlike with some other studios.
DKCTF is still my favorite game ever, so take that as you will.

Hol Up GIF

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Ahahaha okay, I actually kind of liked that one. What a stupid joke 😂

Astral Dog

My guess is they will precisely NOT do cross platform for Switch 2, Wii had the motion controls, Switch had the portability, but if Switch 2 is just "the Switch but with better graphics" then having a cross platform game will hurt it, it'll be an exclusive showcase that's needed for the "wow" factor to convince people to upgrade.

My guess is Prime 4 probably started life as a Switch game but has long been for Switch 2, very likely will be a launch game.

Was it though? I feel like the game was an early victim of people's bizarre shifts in attitudes over "muh women in video games"

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? I can't speak for everyone, but my problem with Samus in Other M has little to do with her gender and far more to do with how wildly divergent it is from her portrayal in every previous game she was in. Nothing in those games would remotely suggest that Samus would ever cower in fear of an enemy, or that she would be so emotionally dependent on the approval of another person, but the writers of Other M apparently thought otherwise.
Im not a fan of Samus Other M portrayal ,but i watched a very interesting video about how the NOA localization process butchered her characterization in key areas
I think it was this one

Anyways the infamous Ridley scene was to link that moment to Samus early days as told in the manga, something that most players won't even know about since it was not released outside Japan , and seems to clash with the other games(i guess Sakamoto simply wanted Ridley to appear like the evil psycho that he is supposed to be in Samus mind, rather than a random boss monster ,and the shock that he was still 'alive' in the bottle ship but it backfired with the fans)

Top Bottom