• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 2 Remake and Fire Emblem 4 Remake to be announced o nthe next Nintendo Direct

I call bullshit on at least half of that. Some good guesses for sure, but they're not doing an EPD-produced 3D Mario and brand new DKC in the same year. Both would be for the new console presumably, and that's a lot of platformers. And what team at Nintendo would make DKC, it's never been made there internally before. And the 3D Mario team can't make two big games at once.

The rest are easy guesses. I've been hopeful for Oracle remakes from Grezzo too, but they've been making mobile games lately. It's just guess work. Don't get your hopes up.

And if they're doing a Metroid Prime 2 rerelease, it won't be the same level of work done on it as Prime Remastered. It would be more like what they did with Pikmin 1 & 2 last summer.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I HIGHLY interested in FE 4 remake!

I also hope they announce Monolith Soft’s next project.

Last edited:

Phase

Can we just remake everything from 1990-2010 and get it over with? I'll never be excited for a remake. I just wait for them to start working on something new when they're done with them.

Astral Dog

I call bullshit on at least half of that. Some good guesses for sure, but they're not doing an EPD-produced 3D Mario and brand new DKC in the same year. Both would be for the new console presumably, and that's a lot of platformers. And what team at Nintendo would make DKC, it's never been made there internally before. And the 3D Mario team can't make two big games at once.

The rest are easy guesses. I've been hopeful for Oracle remakes from Grezzo too, but they've been making mobile games lately. It's just guess work. Don't get your hopes up.

And if they're doing a Metroid Prime 2 rerelease, it won't be the same level of work done on it as Prime Remastered. It would be more like what they did with Pikmin 1 & 2 last summer.
That would be sending the message that Metroid Prime 2 and 3 aren't the same quality as Metroid Prime 1, wich is bullshit imho

trust Nintendo they will know what to do with those games, a high quality remaster has higher chances of selling if the audience is interested

Last edited:

Shut0wen

About time with fire emblem, games been completed since sunner 2022, everyone should be hyped since its written by those that three houses and awakening

Punished Miku

Gold Member
All of it makes sense, these are likely the last Switch 1 only games.

They have a new game coming in March, plus the Donkey Kong, Detective and Good Feel games would all be new.
And it's a Fire Emblem that was never localized, and Zelda games that are 23 years old.

Metroid I'm on the fence about.

Last edited:

Drell

Can we just remake everything from 1990-2010 and get it over with? I'll never be excited for a remake. I just wait for them to start working on something new when they're done with them.
At least a remake is an honest way to tell people you're redoing a game. Can't say the same for CoD and Fifa/Maden being released each year.

That would be sending the message that Metroid Prime 2 and 3 aren't the same quality as Metroid Prime 1, wich is bullshit imho

trust Nintendo they will know what to do with those games, a high quality remaster has higher chances of selling if the audience is interested
It's not that Nintendo doesn't want them to get the full-on Remastered treatment, it's an issue of time & resources. Prime 4 is by all accounts very near being shown and therefore released. And Prime 1 is far more fondly remembered and sellable as a product for $40 than 2 or 3 are. So the timing probably just doesn't line up for Prime 2 and 3 to each get the full Remastered treatment and be in development for years and tinkered with. Prime Remastered was partially worked on by Retro as a way for them to relearn/ learn how to make a Metroid game. Since most of Retro as it currently is have never worked on anything other than Donkey Kong sidescrollers. The Prime staff mostly left 10+ years ago.

It would make probably more sense for them to do the full-on Remastered treatment on 2 and 3 on the next console, once Prime 4 is out. To help fill in the release gaps while other teams work on games, since games take so long to develop nowadays. Give Metroid fans on the new system something to play while we wait for Dread 2.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Nintendo can sit on games for 1-2 years, who knows. The DKC game was rumored for a long time, maybe it's already finished?

Also the 3D mario team hasn't really done anything since Bowser's Story and that was a very short experience.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's not that Nintendo doesn't want them to get the full-on Remastered treatment, it's an issue of time & resources. Prime 4 is by all accounts very near being shown and therefore released. And Prime 1 is far more fondly remembered and sellable as a product for $40 than 2 or 3 are. So the timing probably just doesn't line up for Prime 2 and 3 to each get the full Remastered treatment and be in development for years and tinkered with. Prime Remastered was partially worked on by Retro as a way for them to relearn/ learn how to make a Metroid game. Since most of Retro as it currently is have never worked on anything other than Donkey Kong sidescrollers. The Prime staff mostly left 10+ years ago.

It would make probably more sense for them to do the full-on Remastered treatment on 2 and 3 on the next console, once Prime 4 is out. To help fill in the release gaps while other teams work on games, since games take so long to develop nowadays. Give Metroid fans on the new system something to play while we wait for Dread 2.
I think they'd be smart to just port them for very cheap. The whole trilogy was $20 on Wii U. I don't know if people want to buy 3 $40 Metroids, and a $60 Prime 4.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Fire Emblem 4 better be completely intact if they remake it. And if they remake it make it amazing like Shadows of Valentia.

I really only see Donkey Kong and Zelda being the only interesting things.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
At least a remake is an honest way to tell people you're redoing a game. Can't say the same for CoD and Fifa/Maden being released each year.
Also some games never made it outside of Japan, remake is good way rest of the world get the chance to play them.

Last edited:
I think they'd be smart to just port them for very cheap. The whole trilogy was $20 on Wii U. I don't know if people want to buy 3 $40 Metroids, and a $60 Prime 4.
Well, it was $60 when it launched on Wii. They also did the work of making the first two run in 16:9 and adding the motion controls. When Wii U was severely unperforming, Nintendo sort of just pooped out some really quick Wii ports onto Wii U at a ridiculously low price.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
FE4 is the one with Sigurd? Might buy that. He was one of Japan's most requested characters in the Smash Bros Brawl Dojo days.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
November 2024 marks 20 years since Metroid Prime 2’s original release.
It would be such an obvious choice to republish/remaster it.

Gambit2483

Wait ,wait, wait...Prime 2 "Remake"??

I highly doubt that. Probably more of a Remaster. I expect touched up textures and resolution and that's about it (maybe enhanced lighting)

Chittagong

Gold Member
  • Fire Emblem 4 remake releasing in May - Buy
  • Donkey Kong Country is getting a new game for its 30th anniversary - Instant buy
  • Metroid Prime 2 Remastered - Maybe
  • Grezzo Remake of the Zelda Oracle Games - Buy
  • That Good Feel game is getting localized - I don't know what this is
  • Famicom Detective Club returns as Nintendo Detective Club. Five high school girls must solve vicious crimes that they are personally involved with. - Buy
4 purchases already. This is how Nintendo rolls every year.

Insane lineup indeed. I simply don't have the time for Metroid remakes but even they are bangers. New Detective Club is incredible, as are Grezzo Oracles.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Normally I would agree, but it's possible they want to roll out the big guns for the new system. When the Switch came out, we got a new Zelda, a new 3D Mario, and a new Xenoblade in the first 9 months

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I see no reason why Metroid Prime 2 wouldn't get the same treatment as the first game. And frankly, it deserves another bite at the apple. It's a much darker, gloomier, and tougher game than the first, but it's damn good in its own way. I've liked it better every time I've played through it.

tr1p1ex

Nintendo wouldn't hype a Metroid Prime 4 and then lazyly port 2 and 3 , they aren't full Remakes either so its doable we will see
They haven't exactly hyped MP4. They had the words "Metroid Prime 4" on a screen 7 years ago.

But yes they will give the MP1 ~remaster treatment to MP2 at least irit (if rumor is true.)

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Prime 2 is the best Prime game, fight me

No one should be fighting over the truth pal:

Nodding Yes GIF

SpiceRacz

• Donkey Kong Country is getting a new game for its 30th anniversary
Really hope Retro is working on it. I don't know likely that is though since they're probably deep into development on Metroid Prime 4.

Mr Hyde

Prime 2 in the same quality as Prime remastered would be awesome. Kick ass game. I hope Nintendo redo Corruption too so we get the full trilogy in time for 4.

Hudo

61HwKnlkItL.jpg

4chan user who correctly leaked the cowgirl and ninja segments in Princess Peach: Showtime has other leaks for the upcoming february Nintendo Direct​

Source:

The supposed new games are:

• Fire Emblem 4 remake releasing in May
  • Donkey Kong Country is getting a new game for its 30th anniversary
  • Metroid Prime 2 Remastered
  • Grezzo Remake of the Zelda Oracle Games
  • That Good Feel game is getting localized
  • Famicom Detective Club returns as Nintendo Detective Club. Five high school girls must solve vicious crimes that they are personally involved with.
I genuinely trust that 4chan user more than Schreier, Nate and all the other "insiders" LARPing on Twitter combined.

Last edited:
Normally I would agree, but it's possible they want to roll out the big guns for the new system. When the Switch came out, we got a new Zelda, a new 3D Mario, and a new Xenoblade in the first 9 months
Yeah, without a new Zelda this time, they'll prolly pivot to making Metroid Prime 4 the big cross-gen launch day game and then maybe 3D Mario/ new DK the holiday game. Xenoblade usually has either a port or a new game ready every 2-3 years, so there might be a port or remaster ready for the end of year 🤷‍♂️. I'd still love a port of XCX, it just needs a lot of reworking to make it work without an always available tablet map screen.

Last edited:

tr1p1ex

Yeah, without a new Zelda this time, they'll prolly pivot to making Metroid Prime 4 the big cross-gen launch day game and then maybe 3D Mario/ new DK the holiday game. Xenoblade usually has either a port or a new game ready every 2-3 years, so there might be a port or remaster ready for the end of year 🤷‍♂️. I'd still love a port of XCX, it just needs a lot of reworking to make it work without an always available tablet map screen.
Except MP isn't a big franchise. Xenoblade is not either.

Except MP isn't a big franchise. Xenoblade is not either.
They have potential to grow, though. Which is what Nintendo likes to do, and give their games room to breathe and be played by people that might not normally have played a certain series before. All their B-tier series have grown significantly on Switch and turned into much bigger sellers. Metroid Prime 4 will do very well, I don't think historical precedent from GameCube or Wii is very useful, since Prime 4 has the potential to do way better than any of the previous games in the series.

Last edited:

tr1p1ex

They have potential to grow, though. Which is what Nintendo likes to do, and give their games room to breathe and be played by people that might not normally have played a certain series before. All their B-tier series have grown significantly on Switch and turned into much bigger sellers. Metroid Prime 4 will do very well, I don't think historical precedent from GameCube or Wii is very helpful information.
EVerything has the potential to grow.

And Metroid has had the potential to grow for ~35 years. ;)

The reality is they (MP and Xeno) aren't big franchises...thus the focus of a launch won't be around those titles. (Although if Switch 2 was trojan horse VR... MP would be the right franchise for that. But I digress. )

I wouldn't even bet on MP4 coming out. ;)

Yes there is a puncher's chance they have something really good and MP is a tent pole release for the launch window and sells a massive number of units...

But that's basically like betting on winning the lottery sort to speak.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member

Metroid is not that big of a series though, especially not in Japan. I think they need to go bigger than Metroid Prime 4. I would say that Metroid Prime 4 would be the equivalent of Xenoblade in my post, in that it is a big title but clearly the least of that sort of lineup. Another post mentioned Mario Kart 9 which would be huge obviously.

Top Bottom