• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metroid Prime Could Be Announced Soon, Leaker Claims

Draugoth

Gold Member
metroid-prime-e1672493908772.png

https://insider-gaming.com/new-metroid-prime-announcement/

Recently, it was revealed that a cryptic message was sent to a moderator of the GamingLeaksAndRumors subreddit, issued by a prominent Nintendo leaker. This message said, quite simply, ‘do you think everyone is primed and ready?’

In the past, this leaker, ‘Fun_Way_6592’, has written out similar messages before the announcements for Wario Ware, Skyward Sword, and Splatoon 3, all of which were ultimately revealed following the initial ‘leak’.

With this cryptic message, Fun_Way_6592 could be teasing the announcement of a new Metroid Prime game, which could either take the form of Metroid Prime 4 or perhaps a remake of an older Metroid Prime title.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I wanna believe. But a big part of me is thinking no way they won't save it for E3.

yurinka

Metroid Prime 4 was already announced in the E3 of 2017. Considering it was rebooted, I think they may show it next year or in 2024.

Nintendo also released Switch ports of many WiiU, 3DS or even Wii games and Metroid Dread was the best selling Metroid game ever, so I think it would be likely to see them asking someone to port/remaster/remake the Metroid Prime trilogy to release it a few months before the the Metroid Prime 4 release.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Weird, I was just going to start a thread a couple days ago asking if people thought a Metroid Prime Remaster Collection was possible since I was kind of in the mood to replay those games. Would be excited if they announce that.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I loved the Prime games but a new Donkey Kong Country from Retro would be a better fit for the Switch hardware.

Why not? They already released Metroid Prime Trilogy once.
That was a different Nintendo. A Nintendo that updated GameCube games with Wii pointer controls for half the price.

And before anyone says " super Mario 3d collection" to me. That was a limited time release and not a whole lot of effort went into them to be honest. Not a lot needed to be done in that case.

A lot more work would need to go into updating the prime controls for a modern audience, not to mention updating the visuals etc.

The best case scenario would be like the Bayonetta 1 and 2switch port situation where they would offer you a deal to buy 2 games in one go for a reduction but they will be sold separately I would bet.

I also think the reason we haven't gotten this collection yet is probably largely due to them trying to sort out this very issue with pricing.

TexMex

Metroid Prime, Wind Waker on Switch and Bloodborne remake/remaster have the most constant “leaks.” It happens every few months and it’s always hot air. Full believe it when I see it mode.

Robb

Gold Member
‘Metroid Prime Collection’ and ‘Switch Pro’ has to be the most common rumors for Switch since its release. Feels like these pop up about every 4 months.

ADiTAR

Banned
I've been playing Metroid Prime Trilogy HD since 2017 when it was rumored and released, is he talking about Metroid Prime 4? Because I think that one is vaporware at this point.

Shifty1897

So I believe it will get announced in January... But not sure it's going to happen this week or next week because it's so close to the holidays. This is the kind of announcement that goes in a Nintendo Direct.

Prove me wrong Nintendo, announce it today.

Synless

I have seen this rumor so many times over the past six years. I would not give the time of day to any leaker who gets it right because it’s said at least once a quarter, eventually someone will get it right.

Last edited:
Sure. As soon as Okami 2 is also announced too. We'll see about that.

edit: Was in a shit mood earlier so sorry about the snarkiness. Bring on the Metroid Prime! :]

Last edited:

Trilobit

Metroid Prime 4 was already announced in the E3 of 2017. Considering it was rebooted, I think they may show it next year or in 2024.

I really applaud that Nintendo decided to give MP4 to Retro instead. We could have had a lackluster version maybe even a year ago, but now instead we have something good to look forward to.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

Banned
I really applaud that Nintendo decided to give MP4 to Retro instead. We could have had a lackluster version maybe even a year ago, but now instead we have something good to look forward to.
Most of the people who made the original Prime games are gone. Retro hasn't released a new game in more than 8 years. I worry.

I think they are a good developer, and Prime 1 is my all time fave, but I'm keeping my expectations in check. I also thought Dread was kinda meh, since it didn't really innovate or surprised me and considering the producer is prob the same person, I will lower my expectations even more.

cireza

Banned
Most of the people who made the original Prime games are gone. Retro hasn't released a new game in more than 8 years. I worry.

I think they are a good developer, and Prime 1 is my all time fave, but I'm keeping my expectations in check. I also thought Dread was kinda meh, since it didn't really innovate or surprised me and considering the producer is prob the same person, I will lower my expectations even more.
The new game will barely look any better than the original Prime, and it won't run at 60fps, mark my words. That Switch magic.

JimmyF

Well that doesn't mean much, the people that left Retro made Recore a game so terrible in every regard. Let's hope the real talent is still active at Retro.

RAIDEN1

Metroid Prime 4 is on track to be taking as long as the last 2d Metroid game that came out recently....Dread if I'm not mistaken?

Salmon

So it was MP1: PS3 edition?
Or "I'm so young I only care about recent games and pretend I have played all the classics". You know the game is over 20 years old right? It's also a REMASTER, not a remake ffs! Stupid comments deserves stupid answers!

Last edited:

E-Cat

Or "I'm so young I only care about recent games and pretend I have played all the classics". You know the game is over 20 years old right? It's also a REMASTER, not a remake ffs! Stupid comments deserves stupid answers!
It wasn’t meant to be a negative comment, I think it’s a pretty accurate descriptor. MP1 upgraded to around PS3 spec

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It wasn’t meant to be a negative comment, I think it’s a pretty accurate descriptor. MP1 upgraded to around PS3 spec
Yes it was .. why even then? 😵‍💫

But seeing as it’s an upres with upres textures of a game cube game I guess it could be a compliment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom