• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake isn't a PlayStation exclusive

ThisIsMyDog

0x0.jpg

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I hope it's coming to PlayStation. That's all I want, to know it exists and the franchise isn't dead. Fuck permanent exclusives.

Remake the Metal Gear Solid games I to IV (including Ground Zeroes) and build from the ground up the first two Metal Gears.

Mr.Phoenix

That's great and ultimately irrelevant.

But does this mean it's a full multiplatform game or just PS and PC?

My only concern is that the more I heard it the more it sounds like its some third-party studio remaking the game. As opposed to one of sonys studios. I would worry about the quality of the remake if that were the case. But keeping my fingers crossed that whoever is working on it does it justice.

Mephisto40

But the Metal Gear Solid remake will be...

I can't say i've even heard anything about a snake eater remake? the only thing people have been talking about is a Metal Gear Solid remake, which is going to be the first PS game

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Yeah i mean in this day and age its very uncommon for third party PS5 exclusives, they are usually PS5/PC or multiplatform.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone notice in the article that the developer is Virtuous, the absolutely awful studio who did the PS4/X1 era Arkham Collection (20FPS, anyone?) and the newer Outer Wilds: Spacefarers edition (also a technical disaster)?

I think that’s more of a news story than what systems this game is coming to.

Last edited:

reksveks

Anyone notice in the article that the developer is Virtuous, the absolutely awful studio who did the 360/PS3 era Arkham Collection (20FPS, anyone?) and the newer Outer Wilds: Spacefarers edition (also a technical disaster)?

I think that’s more of a news story than what systems this game is coming to.
That's been known/rumoured for a while though.

GrayChild

There's always confusion when it comes to differentiating the terms "exclusive" vs. "console exclusive".

I'd bet on this taking the Silent Hill 2 route, and being PS5/PC only for the first 12 months, then coming to Xbox.

DelireMan7

Don't care about exclusivity.

If the remake is real, I just want an official announcement (Be it MGS1 or 3). And hope it's a real remake (like REmake 2 and not Demon's Souls).

SHA

Someone understands common sense, it's not rocket science and you don't need smart people to come to this conclusion.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
It was only on PS2 when it originally came out.

Yes... but its not exclusive since a long time ... so dosent change my statement.

I only support exclusivity if the favored company is helping with the developing of the game and otherwise would not be made.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Anyone notice in the article that the developer is Virtuous, the absolutely awful studio who did the PS4/X1 era Arkham Collection (20FPS, anyone?) and the newer Outer Wilds: Spacefarers edition (also a technical disaster)?

Makes it even funnier if Sony paid them for timed console exclusivity.

Top Bottom