• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Thread: General Questions and Discussions About Updates or Lack Thereof of PlayStation 4 Games For PlayStation 5

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Since there aren't many exclusive games for PlayStation 5 at the moment, it's safe to assume that most people who have bought the new machine will be playing titles from their collection of PlayStation 4 games on it, with the hope that the games run and perhaps even look better on the novel machine. Hence, this thread is for questions about whether or not particular PlayStation 4 games have been updated for the new console or run better on it via its Boost Mode, how well they run on it, and what games that members of the community would like to be upgraded for it if its Boost Mode doesn't benefit them.

I'd like to start things off with an inquiry about The Last of Us Part 2. It's the best looking game on PlayStation 4 (Pro), but it's rendered at only 1080p and 1440p (without checkerboard upscaling) on the basic PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation 4 Pro, respectively. Hence, I was really hoping that it would run with at least the following settings on the PlayStation 5: 1800p @ 60 frames per second and 4K @ at 30 frames per second, though I'd ideally just prefer 4K at 60 frames per second. Do you guys think that Naughty Dog will patch the game to run better on the PlayStation 5? I ask because I sampled it on my unit and it doesn't look any better and doesn't seem to run any better on my unit than it does on my PlayStation 4 Pro.

Top Bottom