• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: New Poster and Teaser Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
Rnf5q6L.jpg

As part of their N7 Day celebrations, Bioware has released a new teaser trailer for their next Mass Effect game. Unfortunately, the trailer does not show us much. All it shows us is a female character in N7 clothing walking and drawing her weapon. The trailer drops no new information for the game, and it doesn’t tell us when to expect more information about Bioware’s next Mass Effect game.

EA and Bioware officially confirmed that they were working on a new Mass Effect game in late 2020. This teaser showcased a ship travelling to an unknown ice planet and an Asari picking up some N7 armour. This trailer also showcased very little about the game.

I don't know. I think the poster looks cool. As does the character. I never played Andromeda. I don't. Maybe now is the right time for me for some new Mass Effect. They got my attention.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Based on the website, it seems like it will be a direct continuation of ME3:
"So what about galaxies? And the different endings!? What about our Asari scientist who replaced the Shadow Broker? And what happened to S... anyway, you get the idea.
Of course, we have the answers to all these questions, but you're going to have to wait to find out. And in the purest tradition of our #N7Day teasers, they won't be easy to find."

Full teaser:

Last edited:

Zannegan

So, we're Destiny now, only with extremely stiff walking animations.

And yet, for all my cynicism, I'm wait-and-see interested. Here's hoping they pull off a comeback. ME1 was amazing back in the day.

Hero_Select

I wish they would let go of the N7 thing. That's specifically Earth military. This whole galaxy to explore and this person (Liara?) is wearing Earth Military Fashion Week clothes.
Probably because the person wearing it is human.

It can't be Liara because the helmets Asari wear are designed with their hair tentacles in mind.

Idk.. The N7 logo is very sleek and iconic to Mass Effect so I like seeing it.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Are we going to get another game where all the important roles are pretty much female?
Andromeda, on Insane was trash, and super easy. Devoid of life on most planets and very repetitive. Tons of game breaking bugs at launch.
Shit writing, nonexistent Soundtrack; which was one of the original Trilogy's strong points.
It's going to be difficult for them to create a game that gets me to drop money on it, after the shit tier that was Andromeda.

Cashon

Banned
Probably because the person wearing it is human.

It can't be Liara because the helmets Asari wear are designed with their hair tentacles in mind.

Idk.. The N7 logo is very sleek and iconic to Mass Effect so I like seeing it.
When I first played the first game, either in late 2007 or early 2008, I remember getting pretty excited when Shepard becomes a Spectre. It felt so much more meaningful than being an N7 soldier. It felt like the games universe was opening up to so much more possibility.

Then 2 and 3 just doubled-down on humanity and Earth politics. It was pretty disappointing for me.

I still contend that the Spectre symbol would be a better iconic logo for the series.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I know they had to do or show something, but it's a pointless and needless teaser - the first one was more than enough. I don't expect this game to be out until 2027 and even then BioWare have to prove themselves in a lot of areas after DAI, Anthem, Andromeda + early DA4 alpha footage just doesn't inspire any confidence or hope.

Kindela

Banned
The original trilogy was once in a lifetime thing, whatever they do now is going to be considerably worse. It might sell more, but no way in hell will they be as passionate and as ambitious as they were in 2005. Times have changed too much.

It needs a good hook and daring af.
On top of my head, have this new N7 scrub be on the investigation to find out what happened to Shepard and crew. Then when we find him/her midgame, do a reverse Raiden and let us play as Shep again with the scrub being part of the crew. Dont be afraid of turning fan fav into villains or antiheroes. Maybe Have ED be what Cortana failed to be.

Hero_Select

When I first played the first game, either in late 2007 or early 2008, I remember getting pretty excited when Shepard becomes a Spectre. It felt so much more meaningful than being an N7 soldier. It felt like the games universe was opening up to so much more possibility.

Then 2 and 3 just doubled-down on humanity and Earth politics. It was pretty disappointing for me.

I still contend that the Spectre symbol would be a better iconic logo for the series.
That's fair. They messed up the whole Spectre status thing in 2 I feel like where it's incredibly inconsequential to the story where as in 1 you could flaunt your status at NPCs

Top Bottom