• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioware: New Mass Effect Is In Pre-Production

"As we look toward the future, BioWare is focused on being a leader in developing immersive, emotionally charged, single-player games, with teams primarily in Austin and Edmonton. This means a renewed focus on our two key franchises: Dragon Age™ and Mass Effect™. For Dragon Age, we continue to build, polish, and tune an exceptional experience we know our fans will love. We can’t wait to share more on this soon. For Mass Effect, we continue pre-production with a core team of veteran storytellers who are bringing the deep franchise history forward in a spectacular new way."

https://blog.bioware.com/2023/06/27/bright-future-for-swtor/

The announcement trailer for this new Mass Effect was posted two and half years ago so great to get at least an update of some sorts.

5,247,020 views 11 Dec 2020
Get a sneak peek at the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. A veteran team at BioWare is in the early stages of what is on the horizon for the Mass Effect franchise, and we are excited to show you where we’ll be heading next!

mdkirby

Jeeez....Gaming is in such a weird space between bonkers levels of secrecy and NDA's, and then at the same time announcing and making trailers for games that are years away from even being started.

The ending to 3 was complete shit, Andromeda was shit, Anthem flopped, Dragon Age Dreadwolf has been in developmeent hell since 2015, and now you're telling me the new Mass Effect is still in pre-production?

What Are You Doing Wtf GIF by Masterchef

Tick Tock Bioware... Tick Tock.

This is probably going to be a next gen game, along side with TES VI, Witcher 4, and possibly Perfect Dark (depends on how development goes).

Tsaki

Well they definitely don't have recent successes to ride the hype so the ball is in their court to prove that they have anything resembling the quality of the older games. Hopefully Dragon Age is the start of that.

Gorgon

Dragon Age, meh. When will developers realise that what we nowadays call fantasy literature didn't start with Tolkien and the later 80s derivative shiff-shaff? When are we going to finally give some love to classic Sword & Sorcery? Time to drop the cute elfs n dwarfs crap mashed with Game of Thrones as if that was the best shit ever. Hasn't this shit been done to death already? How much more off-the-shelves, creatively dead fantasy crap do we need?

/rant

As for Mass Effect: I'll believe Bioware can pull out a good ME game again when I see it.

Hudo

Jesus Christ, still in preprod? wasnt this announced in like 2020 or even late 2019 ? I actually hate Dragon Age so much for this :)) get that shit out already
Yeah, it has been announced or at least teased for quite a while and has been in "pre production" since then. But I guess that BioWare are furiously trying to get the next Dragon Age out, which has been in dev hell.

Hudo

Dragon Age, meh. When will developers realise that what we nowadays call fantasy literature didn't start with Tolkien and the later 80s derivative shiff-shaff? When are we going to finally give some love to classic Sword & Sorcery? Time to drop the cute elfs n dwarfs crap mashed with Game of Thrones as if that was the best shit ever. Hasn't this shit been done to death already? How much more off-the-shelves, creatively dead fantasy crap do we need?

/rant

As for Mass Effect: I'll believe Bioware can pull out a good ME game again when I see it.
I'd fucking love a bonafide new Dark Sun game. But it will never come to fruition since even WotC are "scared" of touching the IP because muh slavery and racism.

5a2fa2ce1155f0b03617cg4dyd.jpg

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
A verteran team of storytellers?

And it's probably going to involve lots of rainbow flags and missing 10 year olds.

"Introducing the Zem, a new nomadic species from The Far Left reaches of their last safe space in the universe. Your face will get tired from the mind-melting visuals inherent to the Zem's native habitat. An impressive and forward thinking race, the Zem have long ago evolved away from a sex-based biology and thrive as an extant species of gender less philosophers, making exponential leaps in their goal of taking back power from their oppressive separatist faction, the Siswytes,"

Edder1

What? EA are publishing it. Microsoft did publish the first Mass Effect, though. But then BioWare was bought by EA and EA got the rights.
It's a joke. Recently we had Microsoft have many projects stuck in pre-production after being announced years ago.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Earth’s military has grown and Shepard wants to show the universe how strong it is, neighboring species will have abilities that humans don’t and also show their strength.

Top Bottom