• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered | PS4 Pro VS PS5

Ok so we are seeing some consistency with PS5 game frame rates and resolutions. Not going to lie the PS5 is coming in like a PS4 Pro+ with some RT and an SSD

So its a Lot like the current pc world after all, since You feel the need to turn DLSS on to make a current gen game with RT playable.

Lmao

Maybe we should all stop with the obsession over numbers and learn more to appreciate the final results that look indeed Very good (like DEMON SOULS).

Improving assets and Geometry with super high res Textures (8k) and billions of polygons like seen in UE5 demo is the way to go instead of muh Native 4k all the way, 120fps Minecraft/Dirt like game

RoboFu

One of the green rats
:pie_thinking:

JmnCF6u.jpg

ps5 screen shot looked so bad all the cars left... :p

Last edited:

Roberts

Man, why the fuck did they have to change Peter's face? I liked that his face had a lot of character and didn't look like any of the actors who played Spider-Man. Now he looks like a bland, poor man's imitation of Tom Holland. Then again, why would I care? I loved the game, but I'm not going to play it anymore.

Md Ray

What console it was made for shouldn't heavily impact things like the Ray Count the console can provide from Hardware acceleration

Looks like there's less light sources, which could be a limitation of a new lighting model. On top of that, If they had to go back and re light scenes, It's very possibly many scenes were done haphazardly.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
And the free PS5 version of all the known 1st party cross gen, and more 3rd party crossgen games than MS.

Yep, As I remember Insomniac also confirmed it on Twitter: they won't give away the remaster to the owners of the original PS4 game, but the original PS4 game will run in PS5 BC.

So thanks to the PS5 BC and its boost mode, owners of the original PS4 game will be able to play it for free on PS5 with related boost mode benefits: higher/more stable framerate (as I remember the game was capped at 30fps), higher resolution because it had dynamic resolution on PS4 (now very likely will be always native 4K) and way shorter loading times than in PS4 (looking at tech specs there should be a bigger difference than the one we seen in Series X BC).

If a PS4 game is capped at 30fps, the boost mode will only fix framerate dips up to 30fps but the game won't be able to any faster. Insomniac has to add a performance mode to Spider-man for PS4 in order to reach 60fps on the PS5.

My guess is they won't.

Andodalf

Banned

I thought we weren't allowed to use generic "IT LOOKS WAY BETTER NOW GUYZ TRUZT ME!" as evidence?

I think It looks good, It's just that RT isn't going to be clean on anything this gen. Even the 3080 is getting maxed out and It's far beyond these consoles

yurinka

If a PS4 game is capped at 30fps, the boost mode will only fix framerate dips up to 30fps but the game won't be able to any faster. Insomniac has to add a performance mode to Spider-man for PS4 in order to reach 60fps on the PS5.

My guess is they won't.
Yes, like in Series X when a game is capped to 30fps when in boost mode, in terms of fps it will only fix the drops that in this game only had in very rare places. In this case, the game had dynamic resolution and in PS4 Pro didn't reach native 4K, so in PS5 BC with boost mode will be very likely in 4K always.

Like in Series X or in PS 4 Pro boost mode, we can also expect PS5 BC boost mode to speed up loading times, and to shorten them more than we saw in Series X because the PS5 SSD and I/O is faster. The original PS4 version had fairly short loading times, so when running this PS4 game on PS5 BC will have very fast loading times only a few seconds away from the basically non-existing loading times of the PS5 remaster.

scydrex

There are probably Fanboys out there who'd say those two screens show a generational leap.

No it's not is a 60fps maybe higher res and a couple of things a bit better... maybe the 30fps or quality mode be a more posible generational leap no? I mean this VS is the quality mode of the PS4 pro vs PS5 performance mode. Why not wait to know which photo or video is the quality or 30fps mode to decide if it's a generational leap or not?

Last edited:

Falc67

No it's not is a 60fps maybe higher res and a couple of things a bit better... maybe the 30fps or quality mode be a more posible generational leap no? I mean this VS is the quality mode of the PS4 pro vs PS5 performance mode. Why not wait to know which photo or video is the quality or 30fps mode to decide if it's a generational leap or not?

Why not show the best version of your game first, especially when people had already been complaining about purchasing a graphically updated remaster?

scydrex

Why not show the best version of your game first, especially when people had already been complaining about purchasing a graphically updated remaster?

Who knows but they said is the performance mode at 60fps. The should have release both videos 30fps and 60fps to compare.

Md Ray

I thought we weren't allowed to use generic "IT LOOKS WAY BETTER NOW GUYZ TRUZT ME!" as evidence?

I think It looks good, It's just that RT isn't going to be clean on anything this gen. Even the 3080 is getting maxed out and It's far beyond these consoles
"(We've also even improved the fidelity a bit since these were taken.)"

p3WjscrP_o.png

That's... one of the devs of this game, not some random "GUYZ TRUZT ME" guy on twitter.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
"(We've also even improved the fidelity a bit since these were taken.)"

p3WjscrP_o.png

That's... one of the devs of this game, not some random "GUYZ TRUZT ME" guy on twitter.

But when 343 says something is going to be improved, everyone says its a lie? I'm just trying to keep consistent with what the sony side of GAF was preaching

Last edited:

Md Ray

But when 343 says something is going to be improved, every says its a lie? I'm just trying to keep consistent with what the sony side of GAF was preaching
Not my problem. And never said anything like that as Halo is something I couldn't care less about. Also, you're going off-topic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom