• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered | PS4 Pro VS PS5

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood

Draw distance has improved on PS5
Some shadows in the distance not present on PS5
Somewhat greyer on remaster
Peter's model has changed on PS5 (does face shading look worse than PS4?)
Some textures have been improved
60fps Framerate on PS5
Raytraced reflections (not on performance mode)
Piss filter appears to have been removed

More TBC

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Think I like the baked in Lighting in the cut scenes better but in the world when playing the ray tracing looks much better.

Reindeer

Wouldn’t surprise me. Seems like that would be a trade off.

Gotta wait for the ps5 pro for both:messenger_sunglasses:
Just 4-5 years then, lol. I don't think Sony will release patches for Pro for the games that come out way before it, they didn't for titles this gen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tazzu

I hope they enable 60 fps on the PS4 version. I really have no interest in playing the whole game just to get to the DLC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You know, I'm something of a scientist myself

9GXbSV7.png

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Draw distance has improved on PS5
Some shadows in the distance not present on PS5
Somewhat greyer on remaster
Peter's model has changed on PS5 (does face shading look worse than PS4?)
Some textures have been improved
60fps Framerate on PS5
Raytraced reflections (not on performance mode)
Piss filter appears to have been removed

More TBC

I never realized that the OG game had a piss filter lol

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think we’re really rapidly getting to the point where, especially here, some improvements are so minuscule that you’ll never catch them in a YouTube video with rapid cuts.

You can see in the screens though, that some things have been improved. I think that’s the kind of stuff you catch unconsciously, and it results in a better overall presentation for you.

I do agree that for something marketed as a remaster, though, it’s a little hard to spot the differences, outside of something like ray-tracing or 60 FPS.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Interesting that some things look worse.

but the coolest thing to me is that they used lower detail lod models for the RT reflections. I never even thought about doing that! It makes total sense.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Interesting that some things look worse.

but the coolest thing to me is that they used lower detail lod models for the RT reflections. I never even thought about doing that! It makes total sense.

I know nothing of how RT works for reflections. I just assumed the Rays bouncing between puddles or whatever they reflect make their own reflections.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I know nothing of how RT works for reflections. I just assumed the Rays bouncing between puddles or whatever they reflect make their own reflections.

well you have to think that puddle and 3D objects Are just numbers in a complex calculation. What you see is the final product not the source data.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that seems like an horrible port, they should just offer a 60fps patch on the existing game in the PS4 pro mode of the game... it would be less embarrassing than trying to re-sell this game as a "next-gen" remake, especially when the competition gives that kind of stuff away (MS gives patched Gears 5 to existing Gears 5 owners... think what you will of the game, at least if you like it you have the 'enhanced' version).

Concern

Besides Peter everything looks the same. So beside rt and 60 there's nothing else to distinguish the difference. Will there be no boost mode on ps5 for the ps4 version to make people buy the remaster?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
well you have to think that puddle and 3D objects Are just numbers in a complex calculation. What you see the final product not the source data.

I kind of understand and kind of don’t. I’ll search it online to get a better understanding.

Top Bottom