• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Spider Man 2 Review Embargo lifts on October 16 at 10:00 AM EDT.

Predict Spider Man 2 Scores

• MetaCritic/OpenCritic 60 - 70

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • MetaCritic/OpenCritic 70 - 80

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • MetaCritic/OpenCritic 80 - 90

Votes: 67 47.9%
  • MetaCritic/OpenCritic 90 - 95

Votes: 61 43.6%
  • MetaCritic/OpenCritic 95 - 100

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Markio128

I reckon MC will be around 86-88. I’d love to see it hit 90+ though. It looks like Insomniac have improved many aspects of the gameplay and it’ll depend on how it all comes together, and how good the story is. One thing you can guarantee is that it’ll be fun as fuck and I can’t wait.

Eotheod

I reckon MC will be around 86-88. I’d love to see it hit 90+ though. It looks like Insomniac have improved many aspects of the gameplay and it’ll depend on how it all comes together, and how good the story is. One thing you can guarantee is that it’ll be fun as fuck and I can’t wait.
I'm thinking the same scoring-wise. It has much of the same blood as Miles, with a slightly nicer coat over it. Switching spoogemans will be interesting for the first few times but then settle into story beat needs.

Last edited:

Markio128

I'm thinking the same scoring-wise. It has much of the same blood as Miles, with a slightly nicer coat over it. Switching spoogemans will be interesting for the first few times but then settle into story beat needs.
I reckon it’ll be the web wings, better swing mechanics and more varied combat that’ll be the biggest changes to gameplay. It’ll depend on how fun these elements are compared to the original, more so than being able to switch characters.

Nonehxc

Elder Legend Elder Legend MANIFEST YOURSELF, I INVOKE THEE

B6nBeHQ.gif

Also please stahp releasing much game, game companies. I can only fit so much life between all this game 🥲

Certinty

The first game and Miles Morales were both in the high 80s and it seems this improves on everything from those. Apparently the biggest issue which was the poor side content has been totally revamped too.

I can see 90+ for this.

DeepSpace5D

The first Spider-Man settled on an 87.

I think this sequel will impress with its improvements, 89 final score when all reviews come in. Possibly a couple points higher with its initial score.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Don’t think Insomniac have it in them to break the 90+ barrier with Spiderman.

It’s by nature going to be a very casual game, and they have already said it will be about the same length as the first, and unfortunately they are keeping bull shit stuff in it like the spider robot.

Unless they come up with an extremely emotional story and memorable boss fights, I would be surprised if it scored any higher than the first.

Ozzie666

Colt Eastwood has already released his review 1/10.

Seriously though, looking forward to the game, don't care what the score ends up being. I expect it's going to be good and satisfy most fans, more of the same, but bigger and better. I would also expect it's major bug free and complete. In this day and age, that's a massive win. FFX16, Jedi and Spider-Man has been a fun year for some block busters.

Elios83

I think it will score like the previous games in the 86-89 range.
It will clearly be a better game but people will also expect something better.
To break the 90 barrier it must have really memorable setpieces and boss fights, much more variety in the side contents/activities and great story.
If they can do it props to them, it would be a great recognition moment for the studio but they don't really need it, the game will be great anyway and will sell like hot cakes.

StereoVsn

Yeah, it should hit high 80s to low 90s. All reports seem it’s Spider-Man but better from combat to traversal to quest design to boss battles. I don’t see how it scores lower.

Hoping for major improvements personally.

StereoVsn

Colt Eastwood has already released his review 1/10.

Seriously though, looking forward to the game, don't care what the score ends up being. I expect it's going to be good and satisfy most fans, more of the same, but bigger and better. I would also expect it's major bug free and complete. In this day and age, that's a massive win. FFX16, Jedi and Spider-Man has been a fun year for some block busters.
Did you just put bug-free and Jedi together!? It’s still buggy as hell on PC at least.

Last edited:
Yeah, it should hit high 80s to low 90s. All reports seem it’s Spider-Man but better from combat to traversal to quest design to boss battles. I don’t see how it scores lower.

Hoping for major improvements personally.

I mean all they need to do is deliver high-quality segments and avoid some of the segments and gameplay elements that were really quite boring in the first game.

Collecting backpacks, chasing pigeons, collecting air samples, Mary Jane...

I mean all they need to do is deliver high-quality segments and avoid some of the segments and gameplay elements that were really quite boring in the first game.

Collecting backpacks, chasing pigeons, collecting air samples, Mary Jane...
I disagree with collecting things. It's the only game I've ever played where collecting shit was enjoyable because of the web slinging. Mary Jane gameplay and random side activities need a major shakeup tho

I’m eagerly waiting for reviews on this (not scores because it’s Sony first party, but the details) - if it does something different, I’ll be in. If it’s mostly the same and I have to spend hours walking on beams in warehouse roofs again, I’ll wait for the first big sale…

I enjoyed the first one but couldn’t be bothered to play Miles for more than ten minutes (yet).

I disagree with collecting things. It's the only game I've ever played where collecting shit was enjoyable because of the web slinging. Mary Jane gameplay and random side activities need a major shakeup tho
Agreed, I enjoyed the collecting. And the science missions everyone else seemed to hate. Reminded me of Crackdown.

graywolf323

seems to me from everything we’ve seen so far that Insomniac has improved on the original, I think it’ll likely score between 88-92 so I voted for 90-95 more because I’m optimistic (also Spider-Man is my favorite superhero)

seems to me from everything we’ve seen so far that Insomniac has improved on the original, I think it’ll likely score between 88-92 so I voted for 90-95 more because I’m optimistic (also Spider-Man is my favorite superhero)

That they had an entire media day allowing the press to play for 2-3 hours, they released review code 3 weeks before release, AND have an embargo basically a business week before release, screams of confidence.

So a friend said he already got the platinum on this game so not sure if people want to know how long it took him or not so guess will spoiler it

27 hours
Did your buddy say anything about the games visuals? I know there's been mixed reception but I'm sure it'll be a looker on 42' 4K TV.

Top Bottom