• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic Pengel & Graffiti Kingdom

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
So I'm on the fence on these two games. It seems like Graffiti Kingdom is essentially Magic Pengel 2... yet M. Pengel was mostly an RPG, right? And G. Kingdom seems to be a very undercooked action/platformer? What gives?

Anyone have these games? What do you think?

Once you can get your hands on Graffiti Kingdom I personally think pengel is rendered obsolete so I won't bother even talking about it. So, Graffiti kingdom is a mildly entertaining platformer. The real fun is in the drawing of new characters. Also the multiplayer kicks a lot of ass. I love battling my creatures against my friends. If you can get other people into this game and are creative then I recommend it, if not then avoid.

I don't have Graffiti Kingdom, but your description of Pengel was accurate. VERY light RPG (think the town in Mega Man Legends-- but with less to do) and Pokemon-style battling.

Ooo! Call on me!

Calling Pengel an RPG is being VERY generous with that term. The game is short and the story pathetic. HOWEVER, the ability to create anything and animate it was enough to keep me addicted well beyond the traditional end of the game. Having the Incredible Hulk, Darth Vader and a couple of chihuahuas take on the world was pure 100% fun.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Magic Pengel sounds a whole lot more interesting at this point. How does the combat work in Graffiti Kingdom?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Mejilan said:
Magic Pengel sounds a whole lot more interesting at this point. How does the combat work in Graffiti Kingdom?

Like a bad action RPG. Graffiti Kingdom basically expands the only worthwhile part of Magic Pengel (character construction) and still saddles it with a pos "game". So I guess you have to judge how worthwhile it is to you to spend some time with a neat character builder since once the novelty of seeing them on the screen wears off there's nothing worthwhile here.

bitwise

Banned
still havent opened my graffiti kingdom and its been several weeks

im just torn, cause i know i'll get one nights play out of it before I never touch it again. I wish they would have made a half decent game to go along with the awesome sounding character creation system.

Top Bottom