• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lil Nas X's video "Holiday" ft. PS5

Breakage

Sony used to make memorable adverts for the PS1 and PS2.
Now we get the latest PlayStation in a dumb rapper's tacky music video.

Trimesh

Banned
Judging by these replies I bet nearly all of you had “everything but rap and country” on your MySpace profiles.

I never had Myspace, and there was some early hip-hop I actually liked. Pretty much everything in that category produced in the last 20 years seems to be absolute garbage though. The instant example emphatically not excluded.

Blond

Banned
Yes, if you don't like shitty pop rap you must be one of them.
If only I was woke enough to enjoy bottom of the barrel low effort garbage for teenage retards.

Jesus what does being “woke” have to do with any of this? Also good on you that you’ve learned that music made and marketed for teenagers doesn’t have the same appeal for adults. Just like the music you loved, no matter if you want to admit it, had a marketing team behind it to get you to like it.

Valonquar

CreepyMealyBlackmamba-max-1mb.gif

Am I out of touch. No kids today like shit rapper ft shittier rapper.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Didnt care for the music but also like the Gladiator in that video, just recently grabbed a 2021 80th anniversary edition in the same Firecracker red, mods to start in spring including some 40s under it.

t78DAsh.jpg

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Gurantee her iPad has better music than this.

Granted, it might be the monster mash, bit that's how low the bar is.
idk, its not an amazing song imo but its harmless. It's not worth getting mad over it.
many people are way to nostalgic over past music. yeah, there was a lot great stuff.. and a lot of this:

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Whose mad? I think the song sucks. Is that not allowed?
that's fine, I just don't get how many are so into trashing songs they dislike. shouldn't you rather focus on the stuff you do like or even creating something on your own?

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Nas' choice in beats aren't nearly as good as they used to be, but he can still pick em. You picked one of the most annoying songs off the album acting like they're all shit.
Last time I listened to Nas was with Adam & Eve and that had a great beat. Is he really that bad at picking beats these days?

Last time I listened to Nas was with Adam & Eve and that had a great beat. Is he really that bad at picking beats these days?

Yeah I think he's been mediocre at picking beats for the past several albums. They all have some amazing tracks like Adam & Eve, but there's a lack of consistency, there are loads of shit beats. Maybe it's just me, but I think the same for most rappers these days, even Jay-Z's last couple albums have a lot of meh beats and he used to be a notoriously amazing beat picker. Eminem hasn't been able to pick beats in so long, I can't even listen to most of his music anymore which is a shame because lyrically he's still amazing but the beats are so damn boring. Busta used to be an great beat picker, not anymore...Eh, I could go on but I won't, lol.

brap

Banned
Nas' choice in beats aren't nearly as good as they used to be, but he can still pick em. You picked one of the most annoying songs off the album acting like they're all shit.
I didn't act like they were all shit though. Just picked a random shitty one as an example.

Ian Henry

Sounds as bad as most of the beats he raps over.
Hold up! I know yo ass ain't said that Nasty Nas is a horrible beat picker. He has rapped on some of the best beats in Hip Hop history. "Nas Is Like", "Made You Look", "I Gave You Power", "2nd Childhood", etc to name a few. Put respect on one of the GOATs.

brap

Banned
Hold up! I know yo ass ain't said that Nasty Nas is a horrible beat picker. He has rapped on some of the best beats in Hip Hop history. "Nas Is Like", "Made You Look", "I Gave You Power", "2nd Childhood", etc to name a few. Put respect on one of the GOATs.
I mean his first 2 albums are classics but jeez he raps over some straight trash that nobody else would

Tschumi

I always remember how the guys in The OC were playing Ninja Gaiden on an xBox one time. I remember nothing else about that show apart from the guy from Mr Deeds and the girl getting into trouble..

Edit: is this the artist formerly known as Nas or.. his kid or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Henry

I mean his first 2 albums are classics but jeez he raps over some straight trash that nobody else would
He's got a lot of good albums after those two. Stillmatic, I Am, God's Son, Unititled, Life Is Good, and most recently King's Disease are good to great albums that really show that he can make sonically pleasing and avant garde music.

However, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has them. Respect your opinion tho.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

I always remember how the guys in The OC were playing Ninja Gaiden on an xBox one time. I remember nothing else about that show apart from the guy from Mr Deeds and the girl getting into trouble..

Edit: is this the artist formerly known as Nas or.. his kid or something?
no relation to the legend known as Nas

Top Bottom