• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies of P releases on September 19 | Summer Game Fest

Draugoth

Gold Member

A mysterious voice beckons, but will you answer its call for help? Find new allies, face gruesome foes, and begin to discover the secrets hidden within the fallen city of Krat in the new demo for Lies of P from NEOWIZ, available for download now! Lies of P will be available on September 19, 2023, worldwide on PS4 and PS5.​

FyH90hsaQAE2JV6

FyH90_YaIAAdAcS

Lies of P release date is September 19. (Japanese retailers generally only list products when the release date is fixed.)

New trailer coming today at Summer Game Fest. I will update the thread when it goes live

PS5: https://amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0C74H7WHQ/… PS4: https://amazon.co.jp/dp/B0C74GQFMV/

Xbox Series X/S/One - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BXB841V3/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Game Pass: Day One - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/lies-of-p

FyHVm1aXsAE9wLC
FyHVm1aXsBMRkIf

81QjZ964nzL._SL1500_.jpg

- What is "Lies of P"? ・・・A dark fantasy action game based on the familiar Pinocchio from fairy tales.
This work reconstructs Carlo Collodi's masterpiece with a cruel concept. The main character, Pinocchio, embarks on an adventure in search of Grandpa Geppetto. The stage of the adventure is "Crat", a town with the motif of the Belle Epoque era. It was ruled by madness and murderous dolls. Pinocchio must survive using a variety of weapons and a switchable legion arm with special abilities. He is also waiting for encounters with characters other than enemies. Lie and guide Pinocchio to fulfill his dream of becoming a human.
Let him use a highly flexible weapon creation system that combines blades and handles. By switching prosthetic hands with various abilities, it corresponds to every play style.As he explores the city of Krat, he is faced with a situation where he must choose between lying and telling the truth. Be careful with your decisions. The ending of the story changes greatly depending on the player's choice.
Face terrifying dolls and monstrous foes as you navigate through the ruined city to become human.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
nice. Good date, should be able to squeeze it in between Starfield and crazy packed October

Mr Hyde

The cover on Xbox is much better than the Playstation version. Strange it got two separate covers. Maybe it's reversible? Anyway, fuck it, playing this on Game Pass when it released. Looks really cool and I need that Bloodborne fix. The concept with Pinocchio is intriguing too and feels like a fresh take on a classic story.

K2D

Banned
I hope I'm wrong about this game, from what I've seen thus far.

Desperate for anything Bloodborne-soulslike.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
%89 downloaded, I will try it after the show ends. The trailer looks really good, hopefully it will be a great game.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It's OK I guess. I regret choosing the path of the rapier-wielding bastard, the greatsword seems better after all. I wonder if the entire game is played with the same weapon? Are we getting those "souls" for weapons or stats, or both?

BTW, It's really weird to see the message 'lie' popping up everywhere. "Now lying" instead of Now Loading? "Lie or Die" instead of You Died? :sick:Yeah we know what Pinocchio does best.

iorek21

Played a bit of the demo.

Feels it's coming 7 years too late. The story and level design will make it or break it, because you've seen this combat countless times now.

Will buy it on sale or something.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Alright, played the demo, it's actually, pretty decent, tho as you play you can feel the indie, low budgety vibes of it, the architecture and level design isnt that great, but its ok. It does have one huge thing which I hate, and that is auto-follow camera, which moves the camera automatically behind ur back when u move or whatever and for me, thats kind of annoying. If they dont add an option to disable it, might not bite on it. Gives me nausea when games automatically control my camera for some reason. It's not as bad as some other bad souls-likes I played but still meh. Will see.

Stuart360

Demo was quite nice actually. Its also very well optimized using 40-50% gpu usage at max settings at 1080p/60. on my 1080ti with arouind 3.5gb vram usage. Probably could do 1620p or even 4k with FSR.
It compiles shaders before you start, but it only takes about a minute literally. Had only 2 single frame stutters in the whole demo.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Playing through this right now and I am not sure if I have ever seen a more blatant rip off. It's fun but man is the inspiration obvious.
I think that's the whole point honestly. Bloodborne fans have been clamoring for a remaster, a remake, a sequel, anything. So, this surely fill that void. Hopefully.
This is absolutely filling the Bloodborne void until From decides to make another one.
Call it a blatant ripoff all you want to..this is very well done.
Exactly! I'm really curious about checking it out.

Pedro Motta

Amazing game, loved the demo. Day one for me for sure. It's a rip off, but it's a classy and respectful one. Good jobs devs. Oh and the performance and visuals are top notch.

Ansphn

Have to give respect when it's due. This is like the first Korean or China Hero game with a release date and demo on consoles. I seen so many with trailers and concept videos. But why does a game that look this is good Day 1 on Gamepass? That's what makes me iffy.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having a problem leveling up like you can't level up at all?
Haven't had thay problem

I really like the game! The boss that the end was great. But, as a souls vet I gotta say MAN I hate the dogde roll in this game. It's like a single back step and hard to roll from hits. Maybe it's just me or I need more stamina

Aion002

Great perfomance on the ps5.

But the combat feels off to me, it's basically a copy of Bloodborne, but something is weird on it... Maybe the evasion iframes or the hit reactions. It doesn't feel good to play.

Also, swinging the sword on enemies feels floaty.

Which is a pity, since the art style and the setting are interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom