• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies of P Demo Surpasses a Million Downloads in Three Days

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
lies-of-p-demo-1536x864.jpg

Having unleashed the demo across all platforms last week, NEOWIZ has now announced that Lies of P’s demo surpassed a million downloads in only three days post-launch. The demo gives players access to the game’s first two chapters months ahead of its September 19 release date.

At the Summer Game Fest showcase on June 8, NEOWIZ unveiled a public demo for its upcoming Victorian Soulslike Lies of P, available across PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. That demo has enjoyed significant success despite being released so close to the celebrated Final Fantasy 16 demo, and was downloaded over a million times in total just three days after being launched.

Kagero

I was pleasantly surprised. It's like a Bloodborne lite. I like to call it........ Baby born. Wait that sounds wrong.

• LOL
Reactions: Dis

SeraphJan

i've been saying this cunt was designed to appeal to women, glad to finally get a confirm
this plus any given male k-pop star is exactly the lies of P protagonist
I don't see anything wrong with K-pop star
I don't know about the "not gay" part, because that 100% looks like a lesbian.
What? I assume you thought girls only like muscular men with chest hair which is far from true, just like how guys can prefer different archetype of female characters, the reverse is true. Like in the new RE Remakes, both Leon and Carlos are consider hot by many of us yet they represent different archetype

Last edited:
Bloodborne thirst is so real that some will even settle for a woefully inadequate clone... I was interested when this game was first revealed, impressed by the successive trailers. The demo didn't nail the most important thing though: the actual movement/feel of combat, it feels completely "off" for lack of a better word. Still keeping my eye on it but the demo didn't convince me it's a day 1, quite the opposite really. I'm someone who champions new IP and smaller devs, would love for it to be genuinely great...

Ansphn

PlayStation needs to co-operative with them to make an original Souls-likes. Then pick them up if they make a Bloodborne calibur game. Don't mess up twice, Sony like when you let FROM walk out that door. This NEOWIZ has potential.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Good for them. The game has come a long ways from its original showing and that silly place holder voice acting clips that came out.

hyperbertha

I don't see anything wrong with K-pop star

What? I assume you thought girls only like muscular men with chest hair which is far from true, just like how guys can prefer different archetype of female characters, the reverse is true. Like in the new RE Remakes, both Leon and Carlos are consider hot by many of us yet they represent different archetype
Do you only consider effeminate men hot?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Crazy big demo but I don’t like it.
Feels weightless and a shameless clone without original ideas.
But mean things aside, Amazing we get some good games finally

Last edited:

[Sigma]

I downloaded it. Messed around with the HDR and was unsatisfied by it as it seemed to be broken. Moved on and ran around for a minute, killed a few enemies and then deleted the demo off my PS5.

Last edited:
That Bloodborne thirst is real. Demo was OK, reminded me of Steel Rising. Both games have a Victorian vibe with cool concepts. Both look good graphically, Lies of P in particular. Both kinda fail at the core aspect of the game, the combat.

cormack12

Gold Member
I haven't played this, but read a lot of impressions. It sounds like one of those Souls likes that gets scrutinised and certain elements get picked apart that FROM are given passes on. I might download the demo, but a bit concerned it might be like the Alone in the Dark one.

StueyDuck

I always wait on dark souls clones to see how they fully turn out.

It shouldn't be an impossible formula to replicate But so far there's only been very few titles that have been fairly alright at it.

TrueLegend

The demo alone shits on Dark Souls III from a great height and is technically competent unlike Bloodborne and most FromSoftware releases. Can't wait for September.
What the f......I played this on PC Max and it looks inferior to DSIII at 4K. DSIII is a phenomenal PC experience. The team behind this game is small and it is good but it does lack originality. This team will need a decade to even come close to creating a game that can shit on DSIII. What an asshat take.

Dark Souls III is shit on console without whatever mods you have on PC to fix even a portion of its garbage design and implementation. Beat that turd twice (DLC included) hoping to find something done right. Did not find a single redeeming quality.

Beat Lies of P demo on a Series S and the jump in quality is like night and day.

Last edited:

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Dark Souls III is shit on console without whatever mods you have on PC to fix even a portion of its garbage design and implementation. Beat that turd twice (DLC included) hoping to find something done right. Did not find a single redeeming quality.

Beat Lies of P demo on a Series S and the jump in quality is like night and day.
You beat a game twice just to find something done right? 🙄

DaGwaphics

The game looks interesting so far.

PS: The guy on the cover is so hot:messenger_heart: (not gay, I'm woman)

header.jpg

The lead character in that shot is quite androgynous, are you sure you don't have some tendencies... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Seriously though, good for them, hopefully it helps them snag some sales.

Last edited:
You beat a game twice just to find something done right? 🙄
Yes, once with a slow, experimental exploration-oriented approach and another abusing core mechanics, weapons, items, summons, and Fextralife to plan optimal runs through areas. Dull experience both times unlike other entries in the series.

Last edited:

Darak

I had a negative first impression of the demo, but I insisted and ended up liking it a lot. It looks like a shameless copy on the surface, but it has enough identity of its own. The weapon crafting mechanic is fun and the combat works pretty well once you get used to it. It also looks good, performance is excellent, and the experience was essentially bug free for me.

Man, I enjoy playing games. That sounds downright masochistic.
Many games are better the second time through for me. The first time is struggling to understand the challenges and tools the game throws at me, while the second time is doing everything that was fun the first time and learning the intricacies of what breaks the game wide open.

So from what I can gather, this is a non from soulsborne game that isn't shit? Cool! That's an absolute rarity. Haven't played the demo because I have not the free time to do so.

Top Bottom