• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC first trailer, details

Rootbeer

Banned
Great game but the load times on wii u really hurt my enjoyment. I could see myself rebuying it for switch. Should make for a really good portable experience.

On that note, reminds me that when it comes to lego games I no longer have to choose between a full port and a handheld version of future lego games... i can just get the switch version and have it both ways.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Wonderful 101 is owned by Nintendo.

And Nintendo has the distribution rights to Bayonetta. What I meant with those games was "not internally developed by Nintendo".

Be as it may, those are two exclusive games on the Wii U. And two great games to boot.

lol wait so what does that make the Wii U?

Dead!

Ooh I remember helping do the art work for the OT when it came out originally haha.

I'll probs pick this up for a decent price this time. The load times put me off ever buying the WiiU version so if they're much improved I'll probs bite.

Plum

Loading times and poor performance stopped me from finishing this on Wii U. I'll definitely double dip on Switch if they fix those two issues.

Generations are pretty meaningless now, consistency has flown out the window.

People say this as if it wasn't always a complete crap shoot of hardware with different power levels, lifespans, and add ons/iterations released all often years apart most generations.

I think people are just complacent after last gen only had 3 systems released and replaced relatively close to each other. Alls I see is that 8th gen has been an exciting return to the more excitingly unpredictable hardware releases we saw all the way up to 6th gen.

noomi

Nice, not a big fan of lego games, but hears many good things about this one. Will be picking it up, looks fun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How did the funding arrangement go for this? Wasn't it exclusive to the Wii U because Nintendo paid for part of the development, or maybe the publishing costs? I can't remember how it went down.

I'm curious because I'm wondering if they get a cut of sales on other platforms.

Well, WB has always owned the game: if you look at the rear cover of the Wii U version, you'll see "(c) TT Games". This points to the project being at least partially self-funded and Nintendo being granted exclusive albeit temporary distribution rights. I'd wager Nintendo approached WB desiring a Lego game for the Wii U but WB was only interested in meeting halfway so it'd eventually have full control of the title.

Menitta

UWyd_WHA.jpg

Best Lego game

MAtgS

I guess with the Switch we're seeing the end of the dumbed down handheld iterations of Lego games. How funny that TT Fusion's sole console entry is what leads that charge.

Oneself

Looks fun, let's hope Pro will support supersampling to get rid of those nasty jaggies. It's quite visible in that trailer.

BigEmil

Did this have Co-Op in the Wii U version? Can't remember haven't played it for so long

Also is the co-op for playing the open world together or just missions together?

robotrock

Banned
Holy shit, I have no idea why I had the interest to click on this thread and to watch the trailer, but I am so glad I did.

What a good trailer! Like, wow, they completely nail the vibe. Jesus that's one of the best trailers I've ever seen for a video game or anything ever

So this is the same game as the original?

The original was really impressive and my wife really liked it, but I don't think we'll be double dipping if it's the same.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Yes.

Thats one game I dont have to get a Wii U to play. Just need a few more ....

Really recommend it as a Lego game but also as an open world game, I loved the extra content, lots and lots to do, I played for close to 100 hours.

Going to get it cheap for PS4 or Switch.

I love my WiiU no matter what, and it is going to be a great system to keep in terms of collecting

Yoshi88

This trailer reminds me how great this game was.

It was a great open-world game, the best LEGO game and one of the funniest games i've played. Great fun, will buy again for Switch especially with co-op!!!

NateDog

I have a WiiU and was planning on getting it eventually, but if the new version has co-op I guess I'll be going with that.

So this is the same game as the original?

The original was really impressive and my wife really liked it, but I don't think we'll be double dipping if it's the same.

It seems to be the original with Co-op added from Best Buy's description. There will probably be better load times and slightly improved performance/graphics.

Every version but the Switch version will probably have the Nintendo references taken out too.

The loading times didn't seem bad at all to me. Is it possible that it was slow loading off of the disc? I had a digital copy installed on an external HD. That must have helped?

This is a great game, and very funny. My young son was playing it, but I was laughing so much watching over his shoulder. They very cleverly did that thing where there's a ton of jokes that just fly over the heads of the young 'uns and straight into the laughing holes of big people.

2p co-op? I guess I have to buy this now.

By the way, for anyone who missed this on WiiU, this is without doubt the best Lego game of all time.

The loading times didn't seem bad at all to me. Is it possible that it was slow loading off of the disc? I had a digital copy installed on an external HD. That must have helped?

This is a great game, and very funny. My young son was playing it, but I was laughing so much watching over his shoulder. They very cleverly did that thing where there's a ton of jokes that just fly over the heads of the young 'uns and straight into the laughing holes of big people.

I have the digital version, too. The load times were pretty bad. That sort of stuff usually doesn't bother me, so I was cool with it. It can definitely improve.

AzaK

This game was phenomenal. I would put it in my top 3 Wii U games. On decent hardware it should be much smoother and load faster too which is only a good thing.

Adnor

Banned
I hope it has a latin-american dub, the other LEGO games only have the dub from spain even if in consoles they have latin-american dub.

I think my nephew would love this game.

Top Bottom