• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC first trailer, details

From Gematsu.

The trailer.

About

Join the Chase! LEGO City Undercover is coming to current and new generation consoles for the first time. In one of the most expansive LEGO videogames to date, players become Chase McCain, a police officer who goes undercover to hunt down the notorious – and recently escaped – criminal, Rex Fury, to put an end to his city-wide crime wave. This open-world LEGO adventure allows fans and newcomers to explore the sprawling metropolis that is LEGO City with more than 20 unique districts to investigate, filled with car thieves to bust, vehicles to navigate, mischievous aliens to capture, hilarious movie references to discover, lost pigs to rescue and of course, hundreds of collectibles. With 15 special assignments to conquer, LEGO City Undercover brings together witty, original storytelling with signature LEGO humor to create a fun-filled experience for players of all ages, available on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.

Features

Become the City’s Finest – Assume the identity of undercover police officer, Chase McCain, and track down the fiendish Rex Fury to finally put an end to his city-wide crime wave.

Explore the City – With more than 20 distinct districts to investigate, LEGO City is a bustling metropolis that is ripe for exploration and filled to the brim with people on the streets to interact with, criminals to take down and hundreds of collectibles.

Be a Master of Disguise – As a man of many talents, Chase McCain has eight disguises to choose from, each with unique skills and abilities to infiltrate every corner of the city, allowing him to access places a regular old officer can’t.

Over 100 Vehicles – In LEGO City, every vehicle on the street can be commandeered with more than 100 to choose from so players can get behind the wheel of sports cars, motorcycles, helicopters and more to chase down criminals or take a leisurely ride through the urban jungle to check out the sights.

Fight Crime – Take down criminals with hand-to-hand combat or arrest bad guys using Chase’s handy grapple gun and standard issue police handcuffs.

The Cast – Chase is joined by officer Frank Honey, Chief of Police Dunby and paramedic Natalia Kowalski, who are just a few of the more than 300 unlockable and playable characters that gamers will meet throughout the adventure.

Humor, Humor, Humor – Featuring an original storyline, LEGO City Undercover is chock-full of signature humor with hilarious movie and music references peppered throughout the open-world.

While not mentioned in the official fact sheet sent out by Warner Bros., Best Buy’s product listing says the new release will feature two-player co-op support:

About

Join the Chase in LEGO City Undercover. Play as Chase McCain, a police officer who’s been tasked with going undercover to hunt down the notorious – and recently escaped – criminal Rex Fury, and putting an end to his city-wide crime wave. With two-player co-op friends can explore the sprawling open-world metropolis that is LEGO City, with more than 20 unique districts to investigate, car thieves to bust, hilarious movie references to discover, vehicles to drive, and hundreds of collectibles. LEGO City Undercover brings together witty, original storytelling with signature LEGO humor to create a fun-filled experience for players of all ages to enjoy.

Features

Play as Chase McCain, a police officer who’s been tasked with going undercover to hunt down the notorious – and recently escaped – criminal Rex Fury, and putting an end to his city-wide crime wave

LEGO City Undercover brings together witty, original storytelling with signature LEGO humor to create a fun-filled experience for players of all ages to enjoy

With two-player co-op friends can explore the sprawling open-world metropolis that is LEGO City

More than 20 unique districts to investigate, car thieves to bust, hilarious movie references to discover, vehicles to drive, and hundreds of collectibles

For up to 2 players

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
Loved this on Wii UK, incredibly funny and my personal favourite Lego game to date. Good to see it getting a wider audience on other platforms.

Krakatoa

This was such a great game on the Wii U. The only downside was the ridiculous loading times. I think it took just under 2 minutes to load a level.

Clive

Bought this like a month before the "remaster" was announced but haven't played it yet. They're gonna fix the load times on other consoles, aren't they? :(

Still curious about the contract Warner and Nintendo had for the game in the first place but I'm glad everybody with a modern system gets to play this. Especially at a higher resolution and some AA.

Robin64

It really is one of the finest LEGO games ever made, and also one of the finest open world games because no space is wasted. There's something to do everywhere. I'm really happy people other than Wii U owners finally get to see this for themselves.

But have they fixed the load times?
Only thing after about the Wii u version

If you hated bloodbornes loading times pre patch you'll go mad at these load times

Fantastic game though , everyone should play it

Pitmonkey

Great title, unexpectedly amazing ending sequence. Look's like they put a lot more time into this trailer as well. One of the few games the utilized the Game Pad pretty well, hope they can incorporate it into the UI without being too clunky.

EDarkness

This game is badass. Well worth picking up for those who never got to play it on the Wii U. I don't think it needed co-op, but I guess if it's going to be a "regular" LEGO game, it has to have it.

I feel bad for not having it played on Wii U but I will definitely buy it for Switch.

Maybe it will be the better existence too, since I heard about some minor technical issues with the Wii U version.

I'll buy it again if 1)They fix the terrible driving and/or 2) they add more content.

If youve never played it though you should because it's easily the best Lego game.

Platy

Coop was the only thing that it separated the wiiu version from LEGO perfection.

Count me in for the double dip

Richie

Co-Op?? Great!!

Anything else new besides this? Costumes? Cars?

A bit skeptical of the co-op for now, could Best Buy be jumping the gun? I feel like the PR would have mentioned such a big addition if it was in (showcased in the trailer even). I'd love to be wrong though, it'd be very welcome.

The game is an underrated gem, it was the most fun I had with the console in its first year on the market. Glad more get to play it. I'd consider double dipping on Switch if they fix the loading times and keep the Nintendo easter eggs.

I think it's safe to assume that new gen is referring to Switch, but then by definition Wii U would have to be current gen, unless Nintendo magically skipped a generation without anyone noticing.

If you see the Switch as a handheld, they kind of did lol

LAA

Man I feel bad for the Wii U, it got completely sucked dry of all it's exclusives.

It did? Bayonetta 2, DK, Xenoblade X, Pikmin 3, can think of a lot more that has stayed exclusive.
Though I am expecting most of these to be ported to Switch ha ha, but I suspect some will stay on Wii U.

The vita is the more tragic tale to me. Only exclusives I can think of it still having is KZ Mercenary and Uncharted: GA. I guess P4G and P4DAN too kinda.

Top Bottom