• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaker claims Spider-Man 2 will be shown soon, exceeding expectations for Marvel

Certinty

Can’t say I’m surprised. Amazing developers, I would probably have to say Sunset Overdrive and Spider-Man are in my top 10 games ever. Resistance Fall of Man has the most fun online I’ve played in a shooter and Resistance 3 one of the best shooter campaigns. Oh, and so many of the Ratchet games were great.

ckaneo

That would make sense. But being Sony they may kill them both after the tutorial to remove toxic masculity and because it's suposed to be sexist to have male protagonist.

They would be replaced with Spider-Woman and Gwen Stacy, probably one would be trans and the other lesbian because to have hetero main characters is supposed to be lgtb phofic. And one Asian and the other arab, because they already spent the black/latin American token and to have white main characters is supposed to be racist.
You okay?

OZ9000

Banned
They aren’t making 40 hour campaigns.

Also, Ted Price is the only studio head over at Sony who was able to turn his studio into two true team studios over a decade ago.
Being a 40 hour game doesn't automatically make it good.

They should cap it at 20-30 hours at most.

AmuroChan

They aren’t making 40 hour campaigns.

Also, Ted Price is the only studio head over at Sony who was able to turn his studio into two true team studios over a decade ago.

They're more than 2 teams. The Burbank office has 2 teams. North Carolina has at least one.

How the fuck have Insomniac managed to release Spiderman in 2018, followed by MM and Ratchet for the PS5, and now Spiderman 2 for next year, whilst Sony Santa Monica still haven't released God Of War 2 despite spending an entire four years on it? Madness.
I mean, Miles Morales is basically a big DLC for the first game. Same place and everything.

Sony Santa Monica has delayed production of Ragnarok for a year due to the main actor going to surgery and doing voice over, mocap, etc. He even spoke about it recently on twitter on how the studio waited for him.

Plus Ragnarok is going to be a huge game. It's quite obvious it's Sony's most ambitious game since Tlou2 (which also had 4 years in full production) and I feel like they are keeping most of the game's info away from us for a reason. It'll be much more ambitious than the previous entry. I also think making it crossgen isn't making things easier.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

Ratchets team is making Spider-Man.

Miles team is making wolverine.

Incorrect. Both Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine are both being developed at the Burbank studio. Spider-Man 2 is directed by Bryan Intihar and Ryan Smith (directors of Spider-Man 1). Wolverine is directed by Brian Horton and Cameron Christian (Miles Morales). Ratchet team is based out of North Carolina.

Last edited:

coffinbirth

Insomniac are astoundingly good at making top shelf games in relatively short order, and the industry at large should take a long look at their development paradigm. Here's to hoping that the inevitable success of this will allow them the chance to work on an original IP again soon.

Is this cross gen?
Look at the visuals in the trailer. PS4 doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell to render any of that at any acceptable framerates.

This is next gen exclusive.

But if Jimbo is hiding cross-gen version....

giphy.gif

b6a6es

Banned
Personally, I believe Marvel Spiderman 2 & Wolverine WILL be revealed at Disney/Marvel Showcase this Friday 9-Sep

(Disney most likely had sony the the balls to put them in their showcase before Sony’s, hence why Sony’s showcase is most likely delayed, if not reduced to another SoP)
CIlfjES.jpg

Imtjnotu

Personally, I believe Marvel Spiderman 2 & Wolverine WILL be revealed at Disney/Marvel Showcase this Friday 9-Sep

(Disney most likely had sony the the balls to put them in their showcase before Sony’s, hence why Sony’s showcase is most likely delayed, if not reduced to another SoP)
CIlfjES.jpg
I'll be there Friday for this

I mean...considering everything that's on the way, i'm sure Spider-Man 2 is probably the one that's looking the best.

At the moment i'm more curious about Wolverine. I already know Spider-Man 2 will be amazing tbh.

I'm sure Wolverine will be spectacular given how good Spiderman is.

I just hope it's R rated.

My guess is Insomniac is gonna follow Naughty Dog and SSM and make a game where you have a young companion that you have to take somewhere or whatever.

I'm talking out of my ass here, but like Spider-Man I don't think they'll do an origin story. Let's say we just find out they have been making clones of Logan and he has to find out what's going on. We'll see some of his clones and, of course, one of those clones is the young companion that will following him, i.e. Laura Kinney. It will help to set up her own spin off game later on like Miles Morales. It is somewhat similar to the movie Logan story but they will differentiate it enough to make it stand out. They might make it so that James is trying to get Laura out of Alchemax and we might even see The Sisters and Laura's own clones like Gabby.

Based on some of the job listings it'll be rated R.

shaddam

"‘Fluidity’ and ‘visual punch’ is striking according to an employee of Marvel."

After a twerking she hulk I just dont give a shit about this type of talk. I'm sure somebody said the same about that.

Airbus Jr

Banned
"‘Fluidity’ and ‘visual punch’ is striking according to an employee of Marvel."

After a twerking she hulk I just dont give a shit about this type of talk. I'm sure somebody said the same about that.
?

what does she hulk has anything to do with this game?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
My guess is Insomniac is gonna follow Naughty Dog and SSM and make a game where you have a young companion that you have to take somewhere or whatever.

I'm talking out of my ass here, but like Spider-Man I don't think they'll do an origin story. Let's say we just find out they have been making clones of Logan and he has to find out what's going on. We'll see some of his clones and, of course, one of those clones is the young companion that will following him, i.e. Laura Kinney. It will help to set up her own spin off game later on like Miles Morales. It is somewhat similar to the movie Logan story but they will differentiate it enough to make it stand out. They might make it so that James is trying to get Laura out of Alchemax and we might even see The Sisters and Laura's own clones like Gabby.

Based on some of the job listings it'll be rated R.

So you think they're gonna turn Logan into The Last of Us?

No Way Kg GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Last edited:

GymWolf

First showing didn't impressed me that much, nice upgrade for the city but the models were very samey, hopefully they are not gonna waste all the resources on rtx stuff.

How the fuck have Insomniac managed to release Spiderman in 2018, followed by MM and Ratchet for the PS5, and now Spiderman 2 for next year, whilst Sony Santa Monica still haven't released God Of War 2 despite spending an entire four years on it? Madness.

More gestation period results in deep gameplay.

You could keep playing GOW till you 100% it and still would be in line day 1 for a sequel.

Spiderman gameplay on the other hand gets tedious in just a 20 hrs playthrough.

So you think they're gonna turn Logan into The Last of Us?

No Way Kg GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

God of War if you prefer, but yeah.

More gestation period results in deep gameplay.

You could keep playing GOW till you 100% it and still would be in line day 1 for a sequel.

Spiderman gameplay on the other hand gets tedious in just a 20 hrs playthrough.

I know I couldn't. I didn't platinum GOW, but I platinumed Spider-Man. That's not to say I didn't enjoy both games, I did, but to each their own.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
look forward to this game, just hope they don't character swap between Peter and miles, I just wanna stick to Peter and then keep miles playable in his own game. fine with him being in the game but wanna play as Peters Spiderman.

from what I seen the game looks amazing

Arun1910

I love the original Spider-Man game but the side events left a lot to be desired.

Side missions were good, main story was really good.... just please focus on the side events.

GymWolf

I just hope I don't have to sneak under desk as Mary Jane again.
Hopefully she get killed after 5 min so we can finally flirt with the asian cop or the russian chick.

If i have to save her stupid ass once again just to be lectured on how she doesn't need help i swear to jim i'm gonna throw up.

And i thought Raimi mary jane was annoying...

Last edited:

nowhat

Hopefully she get killed after 5 min so we can finally flirt with the asian cop
...I take it you didn't finish a certain set of collectibles in the third DLC? I have no doubt Yuri Watanabe will be featured in the sequel. But flirting, don't see that happening.

GymWolf

I wonder if sequel will be the most overrated ubistyle open world activity checkmark game as well as the first one
We already have the sequel of botw for that, move along.
...I take it you didn't finish a certain set of collectibles in the third DLC? I have no doubt Yuri Watanabe will be featured in the sequel. But flirting, don't see that happening.
I completed the first 2 dlc but got kinda bored so i never completed the third one, not sure who in insomniac thought that hammerhead was a carismatic villain to have for 3 fucking dlc...

It's unlikely but I really hope they re-vamp the combat system.

It was fun first time but there was very little depth to it.

Wishful thinking I know

nowhat

I completed the first 2 dlc but got kinda bored so i never completed the third one, not sure who in insomniac thought that hammerhead was a carismatic villain to have for 3 fucking dlc...
I think splitting the DLC into three parts was certainly a bad call (should have been just one) and yes, Hammerhead is not the best villain out there. But I'd really recommend playing the third one as well in preparation for the sequel - the set of collectibles unlocks near the very end though, so you'll have to push through the main story whether you like it or not. FWIW I think it's the best of the three, even if that's not very much.

Insomniac doesn't miss!
They're are solid dependable and prolific but they're not a Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Bethesda etc. Expect 80 to 90 mc rating that's the level these guys are at, problem is on here people have built them up to a level they've never attained.

GymWolf

I think splitting the DLC into three parts was certainly a bad call (should have been just one) and yes, Hammerhead is not the best villain out there. But I'd really recommend playing the third one as well in preparation for the sequel - the set of collectibles unlocks near the very end though, so you'll have to push through the main story whether you like it or not. FWIW I think it's the best of the three, even if that's not very much.
I don't care for collectibles unless they unlock usefull ingame stuff.

But i'm gonna play the third dlc sooner or later.

Last edited:

SSfox

CIlfjES.jpg
It will be really disappointing by Sony if that's the case.

In no way i'm watching this Disney stream in anycase.

Top Bottom