• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaker claims Spider-Man 2 will be shown soon, exceeding expectations for Marvel

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Finally, next-gen is gonna start.

About damn time.

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

Last edited:
8th of September. All insiders like me agree with this date, because we know is true.

But things can change at there very last minute.

It’s not like they’re having to come up with new material or some sort unique angle, it’s Spider-Man. Development on a sequel should be swift.

sendit

It’s not like they’re having to come up with new material or some sort unique angle, it’s Spider-Man. Development on a sequel should be swift.
First Spiderman game from Insomniac come out in 2018. It will be min of 5 years by the time this game comes out. I wouldn't call that swift by any stretch.

Last edited:

yurinka

idk why tf they wait so long, you can announce it way ahead of time you weirdos (Sony)

It's really pissing off fans and adds no marketing value at all.
Maybe they don't want to wast hype bullets while not having consoles in the stores.

Probably they are waiting until they get enough chips and balance supply and demand at least a bit.

First Spiderman game from Insomniac come out in 2018. It will be min of 5 years by the time this game comes out. I wouldn't call that swift by any stretch.
5 years is pretty quick for an open world game:
HZD (new IP, their first open world action rpg) 6 years and a half
HFW (sequel) 4 years
Ghost of Tsushima 6 years
Days Gone 6 years aprox
Elden Ring 5 years
Final Fantasy XV 10 years aprox
Final Fantasy VIIR 4 years and a half
Final Fantaxy XVI over 7 years if released in 2023
Cyberpunk 2077 8 years since Pondsmith started consult them, 4+ since they were in preproduction with around 50 people. According to Jason Shredder development started in 2016, meaning 4 years of development (plus more after it to fix it and complete it)
The Witcher 3 started in Summer 2011 and released mid 2015, 4 years
Watchdogs "over 5 years" (in fact it's over seven, it started as a new IP to reuse stuff from a failed and canned Driver sequel that took them around a couple years more on top of that)
AC Valhalla around 3 years, with the AC Origins core team after they released it and over a dozen studios more
AC Odyssey around 3 years
AC Origins around 4 years, started after they released ACIV
Fallout 4: 7 years
Elder Scrolls Online: 7 years
RDR2: Over 8 years

Note: AC games have a gazillion people and studios working on them to make them faster than the usual open world game.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Maybe they don't want to wast hype bullets while not having consoles in the stores.

Probably they are waiting until they get enough chips and balance supply and demand at least a bit.
Which i get, it looks like all future games will be PS5 only, but they cant just wait around for something they're unsure will improve.

This may sound like something people will hate, but compromising by making some games Day 1 PC will quell that supply issue for a bit.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Will buy at full price if Sony finally frees Spider Man Remastered from the clutches of Miles Morales Deluxe.

yurinka

Miles and Peter Co-op?
That would make sense. But being Sony they may kill them both after the tutorial to remove toxic masculity and because it's suposed to be sexist to have male protagonist.

They would be replaced with Spider-Woman and Gwen Stacy, probably one would be trans and the other lesbian because to have hetero main characters is supposed to be lgtb phofic. And one Asian and the other arab, because they already spent the black/latin American token and to have white main characters is supposed to be racist.

Last edited:

Salz01

Insomniacgods

I have more faith in their products than any other Sony dev studio at this point.

ckaneo

Insomniac has the only real PS5 showcases in Ratchet and Spiderman. I will say that Ratchet looked amazing but the dimensions rifts were disappointing. Years later I can only imagine what they are cooking up

OZ9000

Banned
I'm playing Spider-Man Remastered and I'm EXTREMELY IMPRESSED.

This is a better cinematic experience than anything released by Disney since Avengers Infinity War.

And it's better than any of the trash Spider-Man movies that have been released.

The gameplay is so fluid and I'm very impressed with the story, voice acting, and general direction. Insomniac have done an amazing job with this game.

OZ9000

Banned
How the fuck have Insomniac managed to release Spiderman in 2018, followed by MM and Ratchet for the PS5, and now Spiderman 2 for next year, whilst Sony Santa Monica still haven't released God Of War 2 despite spending an entire four years on it? Madness.

EDMIX

How the fuck have Insomniac managed to release Spiderman in 2018, followed by MM and Ratchet for the PS5, and now Spiderman 2 for next year, whilst Sony Santa Monica still haven't released God Of War 2 despite spending an entire four years on it? Madness.

Well to my understand Sony Santa Monica also helps with other titles while working on God Of War, Sony Bend does the same.

Like Sony Santa Monica worked on The Order 1886, Bend worked on Ghost Of Tsushima etc

Last edited:

Banned
I wouldn’t be surprised, Insomniac are a great dev imo (love Sunset Overdrive) and Sony first party usually impresses in the visual department.

Insomniac is Sony's best studio for sure.
I hope they make it less Ubisoft-y this time tho.

less waypoints, less "enemy hideouts", more exploration... they have all of Manhattan to play with here, and no developer ever did something truly interesting with this, it all felt very formulaic

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
They aren’t making 40 hour campaigns.

Also, Ted Price is the only studio head over at Sony who was able to turn his studio into two true team studios over a decade ago.

Top Bottom