• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaker claims Spider-Man 2 will be shown soon, exceeding expectations for Marvel

SSfox

Spiderman has a longer campaign than God of War, better bosses, graphics and story.
nicholas-cage-funny.gif

ckaneo

More gestation period results in deep gameplay.

You could keep playing GOW till you 100% it and still would be in line day 1 for a sequel.

Spiderman gameplay on the other hand gets tedious in just a 20 hrs playthrough.
The opposite is true lol. Spiderman had better 100% rates when it came out considering its popularity with casuals.

God of War shows it's hand when you get the blades of chaos and then becomes a mess with its rpg item/upgrade system.

The lack of enemy variety in Spiderman isn't as big of a deal because combat is way smoother, faster, and doesn't overstay its welcome (until the DLC ). God of War became a chore rather quickly

SSfox

GOW is perfect from start to end, gameplay, level design, story, characters, everything. Spiderman is very good game, but in no where near the masterpiece that is GOW, also it's not even the best super hero game either, Batman Arkham are much better and beyond the Spiderman game.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
He does have a point.

I'm surprised at how Spiderman isn't full of woke tropes.

I hope they don't turn it into a SJW shitfest in the sequel.
Will you people stope with the woke this woke that? It is so fucking tiresome. We get that you are bigots and cry when any piece of media includes minorities. We get that you see this as a conspiracy and hate everyone involved. It must be almost as exhausting being so petty and hateful as it is for people to read your whining.

OZ9000

Banned
Is this opposite day?
I suggest you do fact checking.

The campaign is longer than God of War. The latter took me 12-14 hours to complete. Spiderman has taken me 20+ hours.

Both have good graphics although Spiderman simply looks better on my OLED.

God of War used to be a game that delivered epic boss battles with insane set pieces. Spiderman has it best here again.
GOW is perfect from start to end, gameplay, level design, story, characters, everything. Spiderman is very good game, but in no where near the masterpiece that is GOW, also it's not even the best super hero game either, Batman Arkham are much better and beyond the Spiderman game.
God of War has better gameplay however I think the campaign and story in Spiderman is more interesting. It is more of a visual spectacle and has much better set pieces.

God of War has a lot of backtracking and unnecessary puzzles, and has literally 3-4 unique bosses other than the Valkyries.

Personally I think Spiderman is the best superhero game I have played. Not everyone will agree but I'm just so impressed with the single player. However it has terrible open world quirks with useless Ubisoft shit.

The campaign is longer than God of War. The latter took me 12-14 hours to complete. Spiderman has taken me 20+ hours.

God of War used to be a game that delivered epic boss battles with insane set pieces. Spiderman has it best here again.

God of War has better gameplay however I think the campaign and story in Spiderman is more interesting. It is more of a visual spectacle and has much better set pieces.

God of War has a lot of backtracking and unnecessary puzzles, and has literally 3-4 unique bosses other than the Valkyries.

Personally I think Spiderman is the best superhero game I have played. Not everyone will agree but I'm just so impressed with the single player. However it has terrible open world quirks with useless Ubisoft shit.

So you speed ran one and not the other

samoilaaa

Will you people stope with the woke this woke that? It is so fucking tiresome. We get that you are bigots and cry when any piece of media includes minorities. We get that you see this as a conspiracy and hate everyone involved. It must be almost as exhausting being so petty and hateful as it is for people to read your whining.
his concerns are justified

OZ9000

Banned
So you speed ran one and not the other
This is referring to the single player missions only minus side missions.

In any case I consider both to be very good games but God of War simply falls short on the things it made it great. Poor boss battles. Poor enemy variety. I also find Atreus annoying.

This is referring to the single player missions only minus side missions.

In any case I consider both to be very good games but God of War simply falls short on the things it made it great. Poor boss battles. Poor enemy variety. I also find Atreus annoying.

Spiderman does not take 20 hours to finish just for the main campaign.

Last edited:

Just checked howlongtobeat .com and other websites and not a single one of them has Spider-Man as the bigger game:

spiderman.png

god-of-war.png

And this the GOTY edition for Spider-Man, which means it includes the 3 DLCs, it's not even just the base game.

This is the first time i've ever heard someone saying they took longer to complete Spider-Man to GOW tbh. But i guess you start with the speedrun.

OZ9000

Banned
The fuck?
It was a general comment how "wokeness" is seemingly the forefront of most new games. Fortunately Spiderman is a well written game with good characters. I was simply surprised as I expected a certain agenda to be pushed, which we often see with some other games and Hollywood movies.

To quote another poster:
"PlayStation social justice guidelines:
1. Every game needs to have at least one Empowered Black Woman

2. There should be at least one tender, loving, totally normal and boring, homosexual or non-traditional relationship that’s displayed prominently. Even if it doesn’t fit the tone of the game or have anything to do with the rest of the story.

3. All non-cis/white/hetero characters need to be really witty, nice, and likeable. They should have no serious character flaws.

4. Corollary to #3: it’s okay for those characters to suffer from lack of confidence, as long as the player character gets to encourage and help them blossom into the wonderful diversity superstar they really are.

5. White men can only be: a. Villains, b. Cocksure boss/authority figures that the player character stands up to, c. Assholes, or d. Milquetoast beta cucks who gladly defer to their superiors."

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
PlayStation gamers need and want Spider-Man 3 (miles was #2) I would agree it should release on all platforms day 1.

It's gonna be shown at marvels showcase? Why are sony showing their games elsewhere instead of building hype and doing their own events? So annoying.

Klik

Well go be honest, we're 2 years into this gen and apart from Matrix demo we still haven't seen real "next gen" gameplay

RoadHazard

Gold Member
More gestation period results in deep gameplay.

You could keep playing GOW till you 100% it and still would be in line day 1 for a sequel.

Spiderman gameplay on the other hand gets tedious in just a 20 hrs playthrough.

I finished Spider-Man 100%, and then did it all over again on the highest difficulty. I spent a LOT more than 20 hours, and it never got tedious.

Opinions, how do they work?

Last edited:

SSfox

I think you're just too big fan of Spiderman, which is fine, but the game itself is far from perfect. I mean there is no way this game is better than GOW just for the MJ sections with its boring AF gameplay. GOW is much better game imo in every aspects.

Don't get me wrong i loved Spidey, it's great game, beat it with all DLCs and i enjoyed those a lot, platiniumed it on PS4. But it's just not that "perfect game" ala GOW 2018 or TLOU1. Or also Batman Arkham franchise if we talk about superhero genre.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It was a general comment how "wokeness" is seemingly the forefront of most new games. Fortunately Spiderman is a well written game with good characters. I was simply surprised as I expected a certain agenda to be pushed, which we often see with some other games and Hollywood movies.

To quote another poster:
"PlayStation social justice guidelines:
1. Every game needs to have at least one Empowered Black Woman

2. There should be at least one tender, loving, totally normal and boring, homosexual or non-traditional relationship that’s displayed prominently. Even if it doesn’t fit the tone of the game or have anything to do with the rest of the story.

3. All non-cis/white/hetero characters need to be really witty, nice, and likeable. They should have no serious character flaws.

4. Corollary to #3: it’s okay for those characters to suffer from lack of confidence, as long as the player character gets to encourage and help them blossom into the wonderful diversity superstar they really are.

5. White men can only be: a. Villains, b. Cocksure boss/authority figures that the player character stands up to, c. Assholes, or d. Milquetoast beta cucks who gladly defer to their superiors."
It's sad that y'all give these things so much attention

Give me gray, orange, green characters, whatever I don't care as long as the game is good

Top Bottom