• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lance Reddick, ("The Wire") ("Sylens" in Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West), has passed away.

vivftp

I've enjoyed his work a lot in Destiny, Horizon and the Wick movies. A sad day for the world.

I was so looking forwards to seeing him cast for the upcoming Horizon and Destiny films/shows cause he made those roles what they are. Sigh... Gonna go hang out at the tower with my fellow blueberries and pay homage.

Horrible news to wake up to :(

Was always a treat to see or hear the dude in a movie or videogame. He was the only reason why I actually sat through Netflix's Resident Evil, because he actually made it somewhat watchable.

RIP

the office GIF

Darchaos

Ive seen you in movies and series but for me i remember you the most as the person giving life to Commander Zavala in Destiny. So thank you for that, thank you for almost 10 years of doing that voice with so much love and feel!

RIP Commander.

MrMephistoX

Wow that sucks! Actually met him once randomly at Stanley Park in Vancouver when he was up there filming something: my wife and her friend got a nice photo with him too and he seemed genuinely happy to have fans.

Roufianos

One of my favourite actors, hugely distinctive voice and a commanding presence. Such a shame, don't often get down with celebrity deaths but this is a real bummer.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

damn to think John Wick 4 is just about to be released on cinema in next few days :messenger_sad_relieved:

i even already bought a ticket.

Last edited:

Goon_Bong

When I first played Horizon I though to myself “this guy is too good for video game acting”. Didn’t discover his other work until a fair bit later. No other actor could have casted better for Sylens.

Kerotan

Holy shit what the hell are bungie and geurilla going to do now. You can't replace this man. Iconic in both games. His voice will never leave my head. RIP.

Top Bottom