• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lance Reddick, ("The Wire") ("Sylens" in Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West), has passed away.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
No way?!?!? I love that guy, he's got to be THE best character actor ever. He was fantastic in Quantum Break and Horizon Zero Dawn and so many TV shows. This makes me really sad.

graywolf323

I really really hope this is one of those TMZ jumped the gun cases and it ends up not being true :messenger_crying:

damn, Variety confirmed with his reps that it’s true

R.I.P. he was such a great actor and I was looking forward to him being Zeus in the Percy Jackson Disney+ series :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Not only was he a great actor but he probably had one of the 10 most unique voices. You could close your eyes and hear him speak and you immediately identify that’s Lance Reddick.

He had a wide range of roles. He was great at playing both good guys and bad guys. Gonna miss seeing his work.

ShadowNate

Unique presence, great actor. Automatically classed up any scene he was in.

This came out of nowhere. World sucks a bit more right now.

Pedro Motta

Angry Mark Cuban GIF

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The fuck happened? It is honestly shocking, he was young for him to be dead. RIP

Was he ill or something or drugs?

I know time and place and all that, but fuck he looked completely ok in that tweet two days ago...

Varteras

Gold Member
Wow this has really hit me. Guy was arguably in the prime of his career and only 60. He appeared very healthy and youthful for his age. His voice was so iconic. I guess the silver lining for his work and legacy is that AI will probably be used to replicate it. So damn sad and way too soon.

ByWatterson

At that age, unless he had an undisclosed disease, I'm guessing accidental overdose on sleeping or pain medication.

Goddammit. He was so, so good.

A great actor, talented and incredibly charismatic. I have another good reason to watch The Wire, and celebrate one of his iconic roles. R.I.P...

Such an awesome and underrated actor. My first experience was seeing him in The Guest, badass character and badass movie. Also can't forget his great performances from The Wire, Destiny, Horizon, etc. He was even entertaining as Albert Wesker....damn RIP legend

Top Bottom